Sean Connery RIP

Nine pages and no one mentioned "The Man Who Would Be King." Terrific film, Sean Connery and Michael Caine, two of a kind in many ways.
Also remember Connery and Alex Ferguson gatecrashing Andy Murray's party after winning the U.S. Open in New York to celebrate their fellow Scot's win.

I did

Surely the response is “I loved him as an actor, I loved his films, but it’s disappointing to hear he had that attitude and used a public platform to unapologetically admit domestic violence. It doesn’t change my opinion on his talent though”

Instead it’s sneering comments around not knowing him personally and trying to find an excuse for a pretty abhorrent opinion.

Surely the response is “I loved him as an actor, I loved his films, but it’s disappointing to hear he had that attitude and used a public platform to unapologetically admit domestic violence. It doesn’t change my opinion on his talent though”

Instead it’s sneering comments around not knowing him personally and trying to find an excuse for a pretty abhorrent opinion.
My view as well. He is born in 19 fucking 30. Folk from then have stupid notions and outdated upbringings. There are old lads in my pub born after that who espouse bollocks every time they go for a pint. Dont get them started on brown people or those scary awful immigrants.

I'm sure he wasn't perfect and,during his 90 years on this planet,he did stuff he wasn't proud of,or that showed him in a bad light.But he was a brilliant screen presence,and one of life's characters,who brought joy and entertainment to millions.

I've never bought into moral superiority as everybody is a cvnt at some point in their existence (even Rashford.....) and while that's not excusing such behaviour,its fact,and anyone who pretends different is a liar.

RIP Sean,and thank you for the memories.

I'm sure he wasn't perfect and,during his 90 years on this planet,he did stuff he wasn't proud of,or that showed him in a bad light.But he was a brilliant screen presence,and one of life's characters,who brought joy and entertainment to millions.

I've never bought into moral superiority as everybody is a cvnt at some point in their existence (even Rashford.....) and while that's not excusing such behaviour,its fact,and anyone who pretends different is a liar.

RIP Sean,and thank you for the memories.

In 40 years time the soy boys and the new enlightened will be the new nazi wife beaters who are "Outdated". Appreciating an actor who gave us memories an was obviously popular isn't hard.

Three of his best films on Film4 from 1330hrs today.......

Time Bandits
Robin and Marion
The Man who would be King

Enjoy!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.