Season card nightmare..... HELP!!

SteWadda said:
ell said:
Anyone got any positive stories regards to Fletcher? The guy seems like an utter bellsniff

I got my card taken off me and kicked out when I walked away from a kiosk without paying for something.

I wrote him a letter apologising and told him it was more of a protest at the shit service than theft. As I stood there ages waiting to pay got fed up so did one.

He sent me my card back with a letter saying he understood but next time I should pay then take it up with the club. I only missed the second half of the game I got kicked out of.

Im confused you robbed the store and didn't get arrested??

ell said:
Anyone got any positive stories regards to Fletcher? The guy seems like an utter bellsniff

Nope.

I've met him twice.

The first time was at the Groclin away game. As it was only a small ground, we managed to get in the tunnel area after the game. We were chatting quite amiably to some of the back room staff when he sees us. He came over and asked us wtf we were doing there. He made a massive deal of it trying to get us thrown out. He didn't succeed and we ended up in the directors' bar! Why he thought he had the power to get us thrown out (or even why he wanted us thrown out when causing no problems) of a ground he had no jurisdiction in, I don't know.

The second time was earlier this season in the cafe area in the City at Home building. A proper arrogant prick unfortunately. When he left, another member of the City staff said "he likes to rule the place with an iron fist and doesn't stand any messing".

BoyBlue_1985 said:
SteWadda said:
ell said:

I got my card taken off me and kicked out when I walked away from a kiosk without paying for something.

I wrote him a letter apologising and told him it was more of a protest at the shit service than theft. As I stood there ages waiting to pay got fed up so did one.

He sent me my card back with a letter saying he understood but next time I should pay then take it up with the club. I only missed the second half of the game I got kicked out of.

No I robbed a pie from the kiosk and didn't get arrested.

ell said:

He went to a Blue Alliance meeting once and came out in one piece. In fact I think he went down quite well.

I had a bit of correspondence with him and he answered quickly, was polite and has a sense of humour.

Say whatever you want about him but he is NOT a rag.

There are always two sides to every story and I don't think that some who posts their side on here tells us everything as it really happened. When people are upset or angry they convince themselves a different series of events actually happened. not saying everyone, just a few.

I've witnessed someone who was just about to light up swear blind that they weren't and start to get a bit aggravated with the steward. Luckily a mate dragged him off and the steward let it go. Didn't stop the lad swearing and calling the steward as he was pulled along the concourse. The steward said to a few of us who were stood next to him that he was only trying to stop the lad from getting thrown out by some of the other less tolerant stewards and that was the thanks he got. No doubt that story will have the lad just washing his hands and not being anywhere near a cigarette.

Yaya's Quaver ears said:
Had a nightmare myself with Peter Fletcher, go with a group of friends and family to the match. Got into the derby and was stopped by a steward who said i was using a junior ticket. Realised i had my sons who had already gone in. I explained to stewards i had mixed the tickets and my son was brought back with my ticket to prove it. They kicked me out regardless saying i had give a false name, which i hadnt they had misheard my name as there was a lot of noise in the stadium and refused to let me correct them. I have had a season ticket since i was 13 am 31 now and have supported city through thick and thin. I missed the derby of my lifetime, which I am absolutely gutted about out. My son who has had a season ticket since he was 7 and is now a teenager is gonna miss out on the biggest game of our lifetime. Emailed Peter Fletcher because I know it was a genuinely honest mistake but he's refusing to give it us back for the QPR game. He's saying he stands by his stewards 100%. Fuming.
FFS, you'd think he was running an airport, not a football stadium.

Why do they need to get involved in something so petty? It's ridiculous.

Your ticket has probably been sold on by the club for £200 now as part of some hospitality package.

SteWadda said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
SteWadda said:

No I robbed a pie from the kiosk and didn't get arrested.

what sort of pie was it?

thanks was just curious about the detail :-)

your post made points about the right way to sort this hope others take note

cheers

John

daveduke67 said:
ell said:

He went to a Blue Alliance meeting once and came out in one piece. In fact I think he went down quite well.

I had a bit of correspondence with him and he answered quickly, was polite and has a sense of humour.

Say whatever you want about him but he is NOT a rag.

There are always two sides to every story and I don't think that some who posts their side on here tells us everything as it really happened. When people are upset or angry they convince themselves a different series of events actually happened. not saying everyone, just a few.

I've witnessed someone who was just about to light up swear blind that they weren't and start to get a bit aggravated with the steward. Luckily a mate dragged him off and the steward let it go. Didn't stop the lad swearing and calling the steward as he was pulled along the concourse. The steward said to a few of us who were stood next to him that he was only trying to stop the lad from getting thrown out by some of the other less tolerant stewards and that was the thanks he got. No doubt that story will have the lad just washing his hands and not being anywhere near a cigarette.

I was at that meeting and he did come across as a decent bloke who was blue through and through.
i've never had any problems with the club where he's had to get involved, probably as i can go through a match without a cig and i'm not a complete dick with the stewards should they have a problem with me.
on the odd occasion i have had a cig at half time i've known if i get gripped its my fault and rules are rules, regardless of my opinion on them.

as much as i feel sorry for the lad who has had his ticket blocked, the finger should be pointed at the person using it and not the club really ( though if i was in charge i'd of let the lad have access again )

and the comments about fletcher hiding behind his screen are a bit laughable, the guys doing his job as instructed by the club and in some cases by law.
Why would he want to meet with half the people on here face to face, to be honest, neither would i after reading the comments people put about him.

ell said:

nope!

As a none smoker none drinker who has never tried to use a childs ticket you'd think i'd never had come into contact with him... but i'll quote a post from last year.

The jist of it is i complained in writing about racist abuse from someone, and his reply to me told me people like ME were the problem as i didn't go and report it to his precious stewards, he had a right go at me, and accused me in writing of making it up.

kippaxkid74 said:
I don't smoke btw, never have never will, but regarding Peter Fletcher and the way we all hate him - i thought i'd link to my experience of him that i wrote about last year.
He's a horrible nasty person. (But we know that already!)

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=134502&p=2301146&hilit=fletcher#p2301146" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=134502&p=2301146&hilit=fletcher#p2301146</a>
(his name shows in yellow only cos it's how i found my old post in the searches!)

This was the post though - in a thread about him someone else started.
The man basically told me i was a liar and that i was the worst type of city fan! I should have followed it up with someone higher, but it was in the days before Garry Cook and the like.. but it did really upset me at the time, and then i was ill with something else so i just let it go :(

If anyone from city does end up reading this thread, see that it's not all about smoking and bans - the man is a nasty nasty hitler who insults and belittles fans, men and women alike. Send him on a customer service course - or better still SACK HIM.

kippaxkid74 said:
I wrote to Peter Fletcher about 3 years ago after a cup game, the 2 men 2 rows behind me (the block was pretty empty) never stopped with their racial hatred. Never. Add sexism and some munich songs and they made me sick. But, as a shy person scared of comeback - and as a woman too, i was too scared to walk along my row to go tell a steward on the day, as the guys behind would have known it was me when the steward came back to them, and my worry was what if they don't then get moved, they could give me a ton of abuse.. or follow me out afterwards.. Cowardly maybe, but if you'd had bad peronsal experiences of an attack yourself you might have been afraid you react too.
But it was the least enjoyable city match of my life.
I took their seat numbers, and wrote to the club explaining what went on, and detailed what they said and everything, saying i hoipe the club can track them and ban them. The reply i got back astounded me. Basically i was being told by Peter Fletcher that i should have reported them on the day and that they will do nothing about it now, and he also told me that no one else complained and pretty much accused me of making it up, and went on again about how i (yes, me! not those guys but me!) let the club down by not reporting them on the day.

I was in tears with that email from him. So upset. I told him so too in a reply, and got even more stick back from him. His reply and comments became personal, which was very very wrong imo.
Myabe he was having a bad day, or 2. But to talk to a lifelong supporter like that, in such bullying negative tones, it was wrong. I had my reasons, and i was doing good (so i thought) writing afterwards to report them.
I was going to write to someone at city after that to complain about Fletcher, but i became ill afterwards and decided it would only make me stressed and probably wouldn't get me anywhere.

Long story i know, i just wanted to say good luck with getting problems stamped out.

(edit to add, before anyone accuses me of not being able to take "banter" - i can banter with the best of them! I love atmosphere, sing and chant the good stuff, but due to personal experience i'm not into confrontation with the nasty ones. And on that occasion i hoped someone else would have reported them on the day, and that my email would have been counted as a follow up.. unfortunately other people found monkey boy and ****** chants (amongst many other disgusting things) acceptable. I'm a lifelong blue, been season ticket for over 20 years now btw). Oh and i can swear with the best of them!)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.