Season ticket has arrived!

alblue said:
kippax6713 said:
Mine still not here yet, phoned club and they said last batch sent out yesterday should be here monday latest. Dont understand the order they send them out , my mate lives near southport name starts with a w got his, another lives near me name starts with m got his, my starts with m , still not here get a grip city.

Dont see why people are too bothered about not having it yet, first home game isnt for ages!
still cant get over people moaning about the smallest of things!

If you buy your ticket for the valencia gam on your season as 99% of people will, you'll need it for next Saturday

Del_Bosque said:
alblue said:
Dont see why people are too bothered about not having it yet, first home game isnt for ages!
still cant get over people moaning about the smallest of things!

If you buy your ticket for the valencia gam on your season as 99% of people will, you'll need it for next Saturday

Yeah I appriciate that but there is another week so to start slagging off the club is a bit premature.

Finally got mine this morning.

I was getting a tad worried as everyone else in my family got theirs either last week or the week before.

Got my two yesterday. Maybe the club should have said that all seasoncards will arrive by end of July to stop people worrying on BM. A week before the Valencia game is plenty of time.

As this is my first post, I though I'd kick off with a Hello. "Hello".

As a lifelong Blue who had to relinquish my South Stand seat last year due to the usual work, family and financial commitments, I had a Citycard last and this year.

I'd be interested to see what everyone thought of the ticket prices for this year?

With the way the fixtures have been dealt we have 4 category A games in the first 6 homes and two Cat C (Newcastle might well be at B actually).

Therefore:
Liverpool (A) £50
Blackburn (C) £30ish
Chelsea (A) £50
Newcastle (B/C) £40ish
Arsenal (A) £50
Stretford Reds (A) £50

So by my calculations, with the £20 fee for a Citycard the first six games cost £290.
I know I should "shut up, you should have got a Seasoncard”, but that’s not the point.

We're not happy when the likes of Fulham and Spurs charge us £50 but the club are now doing the same to us.
My theory, and I may be well off the mark, is that the decision of re-location of the Family Stand to the North Stand was done with this in mind - rather than having the high value tickets in Colin and East being sold at half price to kids, get them in the cheaper seats and sell the Colin/East to Adult Citycarders and Open Sale to increase the profit margins. This is an excellent business strategy but not great for the fans.

The reason I ask is that there is a very real possibility of the Liverpool game not selling out. It's on a Monday night, It's on TV and it's pretty pricey. Can you imagine the field day the press and rival fans will have with us not selling out out first home game of the season against one of the "Sky 4"?

The way the fixtures have been generated "randomly" hasn't helped but what do you think?

Thoughts?

Yey - just checked and mine today<br /><br />-- Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:53 pm --<br /><br />
Blue-Eyes said:
As this is my first post, I though I'd kick off with a Hello. "Hello".

As a lifelong Blue who had to relinquish my South Stand seat last year due to the usual work, family and financial commitments, I had a Citycard last and this year.

I'd be interested to see what everyone thought of the ticket prices for this year?

With the way the fixtures have been dealt we have 4 category A games in the first 6 homes and two Cat C (Newcastle might well be at B actually).

Therefore:
Liverpool (A) £50
Blackburn (C) £30ish
Chelsea (A) £50
Newcastle (B/C) £40ish
Arsenal (A) £50
Stretford Reds (A) £50

So by my calculations, with the £20 fee for a Citycard the first six games cost £290.
I know I should "shut up, you should have got a Seasoncard”, but that’s not the point.

We're not happy when the likes of Fulham and Spurs charge us £50 but the club are now doing the same to us.
My theory, and I may be well off the mark, is that the decision of re-location of the Family Stand to the North Stand was done with this in mind - rather than having the high value tickets in Colin and East being sold at half price to kids, get them in the cheaper seats and sell the Colin/East to Adult Citycarders and Open Sale to increase the profit margins. This is an excellent business strategy but not great for the fans.

The reason I ask is that there is a very real possibility of the Liverpool game not selling out. It's on a Monday night, It's on TV and it's pretty pricey. Can you imagine the field day the press and rival fans will have with us not selling out out first home game of the season against one of the "Sky 4"?

The way the fixtures have been generated "randomly" hasn't helped but what do you think?

Thoughts?

Far far cheaper to pay £50 per month with zebra finance if you are thinking of paying £290 in the first few months.

But you will learn.

I get that it's cheaper to pay for a Seasoncard on Finance but due to work I'm not going to be able to get to every game - I'd imagine that with a large amount moving to Sundays, I'll be able to get to 8-10.

Should I have got a Seasoncard and left the seat empty for half of the games?
Should I have got a Seasoncard and give it away to mates and loose money?

Just to re-iterate the point, Liverpool might not sell out and the media and Rag's won't let us forget it.

Blue-Eyes said:
I get that it's cheaper to pay for a Seasoncard on Finance but due to work I'm not going to be able to get to every game - I'd imagine that with a large amount moving to Sundays, I'll be able to get to 8-10.

Should I have got a Seasoncard and left the seat empty for half of the games?
Should I have got a Seasoncard and give it away to mates and loose money?

Just to re-iterate the point, Liverpool might not sell out and the media and Rag's won't let us forget it.

My pop has the same problem so I buy it off him for the games he can't take (at face value) and sell it to mates of mine. That was I always have someone next to me, he is guaranteed a seat when he wants and my mates that can't afford a SC can still get to a few.

Do you not have any City supporting mates that would have (or still mite) enter into a similar situation with you?

To be honest, the mass majority of my mates are blue and all have Seasoncards.
I know this sounds really bad but the few that haven't would probably turn their noses up at my asking for £35-40 for a Wigan/West Brom game for example.

Next year, I'll be in a better financial position and be able to get to more so I'll be getting a Seasoncard so could afford to take the hit on missing the odd game.

Anyway, I'm going to stop whinging - I've spent a fortune in the past watching the likes of Whitley and Bradbury so in the grand scheme of things £50 isn't that bad!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.