Season ticket prices 2016/17

When I said 'one thing' I was lying.

The other thing is 'Platinum' membership. I pay this because I have +15K points & attend most aways, but I feel that with the advent of the new 'corporate' shortcut to tickets, I am ever closer to missing out on the big away games. I don't expect the club to come clean on how they distribute an allocation, but it would be nice to see some clear indication on where your current points puts you in pecking order for tickets. If I knew there were 5,000 with more points than me, I probably would keep the £50 I am paying for Platinum.

As it stands, you are being offered the opportunity to pay more without any idea of whether it is worthwhile.

My biggest gripe is the fucking £50 being spunked on platinum, to do nothing but make sure I keep up with the pack for away tickets, what an absolute rip off. Thanks for your loyalty following us away, can we have another £50 to make sure you do it next year too..

One thing than annoyed me last season was the introduction of different price bands depending on where your seat was. The central blocks down each side have always carried a premium cost and the price has reduced as you move further towards the corners. Last season the upper tiers (could have been elsewhere as well) were divided into 3 new bands.
There was reduction for those at the back of the stand, those in the middle were unchanged and those towards the front had an additional increase. It was never advertised, it was never even hinted at & it wasn't as if it was something previously employed at Maine Road.
If they want to make some price differential between the back & the front, why not do this for tickets sold on a match by match basis rather than season ticket holders whose options are rather limited?

I go alone, and was able to easily move one row back in 329 and save £50. All dandy, except the knobhead I now sit next to. Never noticed him when I was on the row in front. I did that primarily to save the £50, but also if *that* seat goes up £50 I can still sort-of hopefully afford it as it'll be the same as I paid 2 years ago. Ish.

At least the club will be reading this thread
Whether they take any notice of it and us is another matter.

Last edited:
I actually thought they would go up because pep is coming and there may be more interest in season tickets. It's good Everton have reduced there's can't see us doing it but at least if we freeze it may not be to bad. For me and my son I'm paying just under 800 and that's without cup games it ain't getting no cheaper.

The platinum thing disgusts me. The notion of bought loyalty is not on. Not being in it has meant I've dropped right down the pecking order for aways and other big matches but I will not pay for loyalty. If this ultimately leads to me not getting tickets for aways and big matches, it will lead to me sacking my seasoncard.

Just read a youth team player (who I have yet to see have a good game) has had £20,000 pounds worth of trainers pinched in a burglary!

Makes you despair doesn't it.

I try and defend City as much as possible but when you hear of people scrimping to watch us and you have kids spending 20k on trainers it makes you ask if it is worth it.

The Kiev game should be £20 quid. we struggle to fill midweeks and it is on the TV. I think the season tickets are pretty decent value to be fair but I think I have now missed 5 or 6 this season due to other commitments but if I was paying individually for me, my dad and the 3 kids for where we sit It would be crazily expensive, at the moment I am paying nearly £500 a month direct debit ever month over the year and have not even been since the Leicester game. They need to expand and lower the on the day prices.

Good for Andy H though!

If there is an increase after the extra tv money which we know is coming in that would be the final straw pep or no pep . Football is immoral at the best of times and there comes a point for everyone where it , the expense , can no longer be justified . This would be it for me after 42 years .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.