Season ticket prices 2016/17

whilst your right you have to take into account that they do the forced cup scheme and their cup match tickets start at £35 no matter the opposition
If you refuse to pay for said games your ticket is frozen for a couple of league games so I think we're not quite at there level just yet

Not true mate

United cut ticket prices for the Midgitland game a few weeks ago by 25%. Also they allowed people to opt out of the Cup Scheme for Capital One Cup and Europa League

It is quite a difficult one this. I fully sympathise with anyone who has had to move seats, moved away from friends (as I have) but I am not really sure anyone has been priced out and City do more than most clubs to cater for fans with varying incomes.

The case in point being the South Stand extension. The vast majority of the seats in the third tier are priced cheaper than almost every club and are on a par with some non-league clubs. I moved up there and £299 season tickets were still available for those wishing to relocate up to the end of the relocation window.

My circumstances have changed, having to undertake a significant travel journey and the costs associated. Without the value cards and price structure in the South stand I would not be able to go and so will be always grateful to the club.

Sadly it means I now longer sit with friends (meet up before and after). It's a small price to pay as primarily I pay to watch City play and I understand I cannot have my cake and eat it with regards price and location.

It's sad long term fans have walked away due to price but also for many it was because they were not prepared to compromise also. The overall point about tickets does stand but I do think (currently) City are better than most.

Good points there Frank.

As part of the stadium expansion, City introduced c4500 season tickets in the price range £299-£380. I was amazed that the £299 seats in the SS weren't snapped up in the renewal window. It means that the overwhelming majority of existing ST holder voluntarily opted to pay a higher price based on location in the ground alone. The £380 seats (the ones lower down in SS) did sell out early but even then they were available for a few days.

For this season City introduced the new pricing bands on a highly differntial basis and the stadium is split into 178 sections:

37 sections were for new seats and all priced extremely competitively i.e cheap
43 sections were priced the same or lower than the season before
56 sections had price increases of no more than £20
42 sections (less than 25% of the total number of sections available) only saw signifcant increases

Based on this the club, IMO, did not take the piss for 15/16. My bet is that for 2016/2017 we will see a price freeze.

One other stat, 52% of the seats made available for STs were priced at £620 or lower based on adult gold.

I've had to knock mine on the head for next season. I just can't justify the price and moving down south hasn't helped, although season ticket holders do get a discount on the train. I'm not sure about anyone else but a bit of the love of the game is going/has gone for me? It's not because we're winning, but I just think the direction and general greed around the game isn't great. I just feel removed from the club I love.

Good points there Frank.

As part of the stadium expansion, City introduced c4500 season tickets in the price range £299-£380. I was amazed that the £299 seats in the SS weren't snapped up in the renewal window. It means that the overwhelming majority of existing ST holder voluntarily opted to pay a higher price based on location in the ground alone. The £380 seats (the ones lower down in SS) did sell out early but even then they were available for a few days.

For this season City introduced the new pricing bands on a highly differntial basis and the stadium is split into 178 sections:

37 sections were for new seats and all priced extremely competitively i.e cheap
43 sections were priced the same or lower than the season before
56 sections had price increases of no more than £20
42 sections (less than 25% of the total number of sections available) only saw signifcant increases

Based on this the club, IMO, did not take the piss for 15/16. My bet is that for 2016/2017 we will see a price freeze.

One other stat, 52% of the seats made available for STs were priced at £620 or lower based on adult gold.

Cheers for the stats Pablo. If the next stage of the expansion goes ahead, based on supply and demand, there will be another stand full of cheap season tickets on offer. It does seem strange many claim they are being priced out when cheaper tickets did not sell out to existing season ticket holders. Next year I have no doubt some of the £299 will become available again and hopefully people, considering not renewing, will give it a go as they might be pleasantly surprised.

Frank Sidebottom highlighted he may give up and has fallen out of love with the game. That I can understand. Football has changed beyond recognition and City along with it.

Not true mate

United cut ticket prices for the Midgitland game a few weeks ago by 25%. Also they allowed people to opt out of the Cup Scheme for Capital One Cup and Europa League
well what about the fa cup and champions league the cheapest theyve had them is £35 (which is the most I've paid for champs league)
And they dropped it by 25% for 1 game in europa how much is it V the scousers?

And people say Soriano is doing a good job. He doesn't give a fuck about us.

Your worst post on this thread so far. His Seasoncard had been going up £50 a time way before Garry Cook was exposed as a liar.

From memory 216 went from £500 as a newbie to £510 to £550 to £600, and if I wanted to stay there, to £620. I now pay £600 in 117. Without wishing to sound arrogant, I can afford it as I have fewer outgoings than others but I'm unsure I want to keep paying it. I don't feel the vibe anymore.

Anyone see that Harvey Nicholls thing doing the rounds on Twitter yesterday? Absolute crap.

The only way to get things done is to protest in big numbers. You have to get organised or they will keep upping prices. Next season we are going from 4 cards back down to two because it's just too much money now

One thing than annoyed me last season was the introduction of different price bands depending on where your seat was. The central blocks down each side have always carried a premium cost and the price has reduced as you move further towards the corners. Last season the upper tiers (could have been elsewhere as well) were divided into 3 new bands.
There was reduction for those at the back of the stand, those in the middle were unchanged and those towards the front had an additional increase. It was never advertised, it was never even hinted at & it wasn't as if it was something previously employed at Maine Road.
If they want to make some price differential between the back & the front, why not do this for tickets sold on a match by match basis rather than season ticket holders whose options are rather limited?

One thing than annoyed me last season was the introduction of different price bands depending on where your seat was. The central blocks down each side have always carried a premium cost and the price has reduced as you move further towards the corners. Last season the upper tiers (could have been elsewhere as well) were divided into 3 new bands.
There was reduction for those at the back of the stand, those in the middle were unchanged and those towards the front had an additional increase. It was never advertised, it was never even hinted at & it wasn't as if it was something previously employed at Maine Road.
If they want to make some price differential between the back & the front, why not do this for tickets sold on a match by match basis rather than season ticket holders whose options are rather limited?

Yes, brought in on the QT.

And to think, one row back or one row forward takes off or adds another £50 on to the cost of your season ticket. Madness!

TBH I will be very surprised if Khaldoon and Soriano do freeze or drop season ticket prices across the board next season. They know with Pep coming demand for season tickets will go through the roof next season. And they also know existing season ticket holders won't give their season tickets up lightly.

The only person who can reduce or freeze season ticket prices next season is Sheikh Mansour. If he wants to do that, it will happen. But is he getting the full picture of discontent amongst the fans, I think not? Khaldoon, Soranio, and the other City Exec's will paint a rosey picture.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.