Season ticket prices 2016/17

I wonder when too much becomes too much to charge for a seasoncard. Prices have rose pretty much yearly and it's obvious that they are getting out of hand, I mean £1000 for 19 games of football for some clubs is ridiculous IMO. But even though those levels have been reached, they manage to throw an extra £20 or £30 a year on top.

It's straightforward for me.

You can either afford to go or you can't. You have to cut your cloth according to your circumstances.

I'm a retired working class lad on a modest private pension (not yet old enough for the Old Age Pension).

I paid £750 for my ticket last season the same price as I did the season before, although I had to sacrifice "Platinum membership" for "Gold".

As I no longer go to away games I thought it was a sound decision. I haven't been to any cup games this season whatsoever whether it's been a Capitol one game, FA Cup game, or Chumps league game.

I've found by making such adjustments and accepting the need to be an armchair supporter at times has enabled me to enjoy matches in the League with my 32 year son.

I'm not sure at what point I will think enough is enough, probably if my ticket price hits the £1000 mark within the next 3 years.

I remember a pint going to £1 a pint which i thought was extortion at the time and I actually binned drinking pints for a year. Even now I don't drink a lot of beer but whisky is better value alcohol wise per unit for your £1 spent.

Same with City, I felt sorry for those fans on wednesday after that shite performance and the effort and cost that fans put in to getting to games, I know I used to do it in 1976, unfortunately not in 2016.
In a similar situation, have done the same thing. Cannot go down the Senior Citizen route this year albeit I'll reach that status in August. God willing if I'm still here and mobile, I should save a couple of hundred pounds for the 17/18 season.

I didn't want to move but where I was it was going up again by £50 had so moved, I'm sure you have a limit on how much your willing to pay for a season ticket? If it reaches that what will you do? Move or don't renew?

I take my son now which has cost £850 between us I always said to myself if my season ticket ever went past £800 (which is what my dad paid at OT at the time) I wouldnt bother
but now I take my son its become worth the extra money as we have nice time together plus I'm not on the pop all day so save money there

I see absolute no reason how the club would be able to justify a price increase and surely it'll be a PR disaster if the did and the press got wind of it

United have had one increase in the last 9 years and another freeze next season. To think that we used to take the piss out of them for ripping off fans? We are now a lot worse than them

United have had one increase in the last 9 years and another freeze next season. To think that we used to take the piss out of them for ripping off fans? We are now a lot worse than them
whilst your right you have to take into account that they do the forced cup scheme and their cup match tickets start at £35 no matter the opposition
If you refuse to pay for said games your ticket is frozen for a couple of league games so I think we're not quite at there level just yet

And people say Soriano is doing a good job. He doesn't give a fuck about us.

It's not just Soriano,Khaldoon would be fully aware of this in my opinion. The nonsense he comes out with that the fans are the most important thing at the club is just bullshit political speak. It's lapped up by many though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.