Season ticket prices 2016/17

200w.gif

As mentioned, your latter point is hypothetical at the moment.

Regarding your first point, what have you done about it? Why do I have a greater responsibility than you to address it?! I've got enough to deal with in my life as it is, and besides I was reasonably happy with the £620 I paid this season.

However, should they increase prices again this season I'd be pretty pissed off, hence why I started this thread. Don't really need you to be telling me what I should, or shouldn't, be doing though.

I don't have the ability to wield the kind of influence you could if you chose to, that's my point. I said we all need to do more, I know I could do more, I've said as much. I'm ready and willing, I've signed a few FSF petitions, but I know that's wholly inadequate and what really needs to happen is for people who can wield serious influence to raise this issue, that's what will get people together, that's what can force the likes of Soriano to sit up and taking notice. Protests like the Spirit of Shankly organised at Anfield.

But once more, we don't have a representative as a fanbase who can stick up for the core support in the same way. We're divided and it's every man for himself.

You think Kevin Parker, and his diamond studded earrings, would lead such an issue? Everything is nice cosy and cosy for Kev.

You have that influence to utilise if you had the will to, you could put it to a cause which would benefit our support. Don't you realise that?

It's straightforward for me.

You can either afford to go or you can't. You have to cut your cloth according to your circumstances.

I'm a retired working class lad on a modest private pension (not yet old enough for the Old Age Pension).

I paid £750 for my ticket last season the same price as I did the season before, although I had to sacrifice "Platinum membership" for "Gold".

As I no longer go to away games I thought it was a sound decision. I haven't been to any cup games this season whatsoever whether it's been a Capitol one game, FA Cup game, or Chumps league game.

I've found by making such adjustments and accepting the need to be an armchair supporter at times has enabled me to enjoy matches in the League with my 32 year son.

I'm not sure at what point I will think enough is enough, probably if my ticket price hits the £1000 mark within the next 3 years.

I remember a pint going to £1 a pint which i thought was extortion at the time and I actually binned drinking pints for a year. Even now I don't drink a lot of beer but whisky is better value alcohol wise per unit for your £1 spent.

Same with City, I felt sorry for those fans on wednesday after that shite performance and the effort and cost that fans put in to getting to games, I know I used to do it in 1976, unfortunately not in 2016.

I don't have the ability to wield the kind of influence you could if you chose to, that's my point. I said we all need to do more, I know I could do more, I've said as much. I'm ready and willing, I've signed a few FSF petitions, but I know that's wholly inadequate and what really needs to happen is for people who can wield serious influence to raise this issue, that's what will get people together, that's what can force the likes of Soriano to sit up and taking notice. Protests like the Spirit of Shankly organised at Anfield.

But once more, we don't have a representative as a fanbase who can stick up for the core support in the same way. We're divided and it's every man for himself.

You think Kevin Parker, and his diamond studded earrings, would lead such an issue? Everything is nice cosy and cosy for Kev.

You have that influence to utilise if you had the will to, you could put it to a cause which would benefit our support. Don't you realise that?

Previous price increases have only generated a smattering of discontent, so there was never any momentum to lobby the club about it. Increases this year may well provoke more anger, so who knows what will happen then. All hypothetical at the moment though. Regardless, I've got more pressing issues closer to home to deal with at the moment.

Lets us hope they drop the prices ,also with the amount of games we play now with all the competitions it is about time the price of league and cup games were looked at especially night game s some games some seats a £15 ticket and a quid for kids would not bankrupt the club and may encourage fans who have not been for ages to start going again

Good to see Everton announcing a reduction on all season tickets next season.

Really hope City follow suit. With the additional TV and commercial revenue, it would be a great gesture to the fans and, dare I say, good PR for the club.

We still have a predominantly working class fan base, and with uncertain economic times ahead, further increases would be pretty unpalatable.

Hope the club are sensible about this and make the right decision.
Good luck with that one.

You have the platform to raise this issue with the club, but when that's put to you, you laugh it off as a big joke?
We all have the same platform to raise any issue ,there is nothing stopping you or any one else to get a campaign of the ground ,what with face book .on line petitions and the internet ,different fans forums it has never been easier

Without attempting to knock Ric in any way shape or form, I think you massively overate his influence on Manchester City FC, he probably has about the same influence as a single flea on an elephant.

If they increase any tickets next season we should work out what the across the board percentage increase has been and boo at every home game during that minute.

It's an idea anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.