Season ticket with another club

Challenger1978 said:
Big_Bad_Bojinov said:
Basically, my point is this. I am a football fan, and a City maniac. However, I still support my local club by buying a ticket when I can't get to City for whatever reason. Don't forget, players like Micah, Sturridge and thousands of others over the years have come from the lower leagues, but the way things are going with the disparity in money between the top flight clubs and everyone else, this won't be around forever.

Eat, sleep, and drink City. If you can't get to COMS, support your local team.

Like Fuck am i ever going to watch Liverpool or Everton.
I am sure there are other local teams from the lower leagues? Or can you not think past the premier league??

city bairn said:
I have a season ticket for my local Scottish club Falkirk and watch them every game. However I make 2 or 3 City games a season I still consider myself a fan, maybe not as diehard as some of the posters on here but I am still a fan surely.

Don't think there is anything wrong with supporting another side, especially if they're not in the same league i.e you wouldn't support City and West Ham in the Premiership. Fair play to the people who follow a lower league club if you, say can't afford or live too far to travel and watch City regularly. I have a season ticket at Celtic Park and have done since 1994. I travel down quite a few times to the CoMS (5 times during 08/09) and have done for a number of years forfeiting Celtic games in the process, most notably an Old Firm game in November 2001 for the "hand of god" goal by super star (eh?!) Christian Negouia against Rotherham during the Keegan Revoluition! Traditionally a lot of Scots follow an English side, City have always been mine. Those that don't like it, you don't have to but, sook it up, sorry!!

If you have a season ticket for another club do you describe yourself as a City fan or a fan of the other team or does it depend upon the circumstance? I go and watch Alty every now and again, usually for FA cup games but I would never call myself a fan.

I don't go as far as having a Season Ticket, but I go and see Bradford when City aren't playing. What's wrong with going to see a match in the lower leagues when City aren't playing, especially when you don't live within say, 10 miles of CoMS?

anyoneforacuppa said:
I don't go as far as having a Season Ticket, but I go and see Bradford when City aren't playing. What's wrong with going to see a match in the lower leagues when City aren't playing, especially when you don't live within say, 10 miles of CoMS?

!0 Miles!!

I live 55 miles away, and when ever i can make it to a game i do!
We just bought are first season tickets for city this year, but that is only cos we could not afford them before. But now there is no stopping us!

Right time to wade in....

1) Firstly Forums are about fun and having a good craic....not all this slagging off...

2) I think its impossible for somebody who hasn't been in the situation of having to travel hundreds of miles to support City to comment on the lives of those who have.....Unfortunatley I'm in the situation of having to travel all the way from Carlisle to watch City (ST holder in 307 East Stand)....However I'm sure others make bigger sacrifices...

3) Getting a season ticket for another club IS too much....I can understand going to watch another club if city aren't playing (like i go watch carlisle when city aren't playing due to internationals) or going for the odd game (If city away ain't on the tele til late).......But if you have a ST for another club eventually you will start missing City games on Tele....or are cutting down your chances of seeing city live....

4) Theres nothing wrong with going to watch another club (when city aint playing) if you want to hang out with your mates.....(as long as they aint rags)

5) YOU DEFINITELY CANNOT HAVE A SEASON TICKET OR SUPPORT ANOTHER IN THE SAME LEAGUE. Lower league clubs need as much support as we can offer......if it wasn't for other supporting them then we wouldn't be able to have Giant killing FA cup ties........

I personally don't think there's anything wrong with having a season ticket for another team who's in a league much lower than City. I used to have one for the mighty Leigh RMI when I was about 9-11 years old based on the pure fact that my Dad worked away constantly and I couldn't go to games. Does that make me a shit fan? Now I've had a season ticket since 2002 so am I back in the 'good fan' group?

Some people need to pull their head out of their arses on here occasionally and like a previous poster said, unless you've been in that situation where you cannot physically/financially make it to a game, you don't understand the crisis you're in. Either sit in every weekend, on the computer and watch a jumpy stream about 250 by 250 pixels in size; where you cannot see, the football, the teams and the pitch, or, go to a affordable football game within walking distance and take a walkman with you to listen to the game.

I wouldn't go as far to say that getting a season ticket for Bolton or any other premiership team is right, although I cannot see why people think a person cannot go and watch another team, which is much more efficient for them, yet still be dedicated to City!

Many of the people who condemn supporters from even attending other games often know nothing about City and will be the same people us fans despise sitting next to at games, who constantly slag the players off and claim they deserve some success from the club.

Steviesleftpeg said:
Right time to wade in....

1) Firstly Forums are about fun and having a good craic....not all this slagging off...

2) I think its impossible for somebody who hasn't been in the situation of having to travel hundreds of miles to support City to comment on the lives of those who have.....Unfortunatley I'm in the situation of having to travel all the way from Carlisle to watch City (ST holder in 307 East Stand)....However I'm sure others make bigger sacrifices...

3) Getting a season ticket for another club IS too much....I can understand going to watch another club if city aren't playing (like i go watch carlisle when city aren't playing due to internationals) or going for the odd game (If city away ain't on the tele til late).......But if you have a ST for another club eventually you will start missing City games on Tele....or are cutting down your chances of seeing city live....

4) Theres nothing wrong with going to watch another club (when city aint playing) if you want to hang out with your mates.....(as long as they aint rags)

5) YOU DEFINITELY CANNOT HAVE A SEASON TICKET OR SUPPORT ANOTHER IN THE SAME LEAGUE. Lower league clubs need as much support as we can offer......if it wasn't for other supporting them then we wouldn't be able to have Giant killing FA cup ties........
If city are playing on the tele I won't go. It is £165 for 23 games. So not even £10 a game. Means if I miss a few it doesn't matter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.