Season ticket with another club

I thought what the fuck, I'm going to get a season ticket for Old Trafford so I did and regularly go to watch them. I still pretend I support City though and go on Bluemoon just to keep in touch.

Having a season ticket for another club is great.

Cookie monster said:
I have just got one for Brighton (the team that beat us in the cup last term) as they are my local team and as I live so far away can never get to City games.

Would you ever consider it?

Yeah, definitely. if I lived where you are and was in your position I would do as you are doing. Ignore the daft ultras who say "never"; don't they ever watch other clubs on TV? Or is that not allowed either?

It in no way means you aren't a City fan. It's fun to go and watch other teams anyway, especially if you aren't committed to them, as you can enjoy seeing how one-eyed home fans can be; I once went with my son to watch notlob in pre-season friendly against some Spanish side (who won, btw), and the vitriol against the ref was something else. We could see he was good and unbiased, but had to admit if he'd given the fouls against City which he did (quite correctly) against notlob, we'd have been calling him an effing bastard too!

Went on holiday to Spain last year, met 4 Boro season ticket holders, 3 were a family and this man and his wife. Anyhow............. to cut a long story short all 4 were from the Boro area, all 4 were season ticket holders, the Dad was an out and out Boro fan, both his sons supported Manchester United despite having these ST all their lives @ Boro!! The other Boro ST holder who was no relation to the Dad and his 2 sons, despite spending his whole life in Boro and having a Boro ST for many a moon was a Derby County fan!?! What do they put in the water up there???

blue1969 said:
Bluebird1 said:
The company I work for had season tickets for Altrincham last season so I went to watch them as nobody else wanted to go (and yes I'm a City seasoncard holder)

Ye I know what your saying any football is better than none, or a freebie. I was offered a ticket for a midweek game at the swamp, last season. I couldnt bring myself to go. The lad couldnt give it away, couldnt even flog it to a tout at the ground.

Ooh I draw the line at that! I live in Sale and work about 300 yards from Alty so they are my local team. Was born in Harpurhey though and I was Born to be Blue;-)

Bluebird1 said:
The company I work for had season tickets for Altrincham last season so I went to watch them as nobody else wanted to go (and yes I'm a City seasoncard holder)[/quote

I dont have a season ticket at Droylsden but I watch them regularly when the blues are away and I dont go!

we hate Alty!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.