Season ticket with another club

FWIW, I think a lot of the financial problems in the lower leagues are a direct result of the attitudes of some of the posters here. Not a criticism, just an observation. I've got nothing but respect for people that travel from all over the country to support OUR club - there's probably an argument that these people are more dedicated than those who were born in Manchester and inherited the love of our club from their families.

I'm was born in Wiltshire, my closest club being Swindon. I have a genuine link to City, my grandfather having represented the Club when the league was abandoned during WW2, and was due to sign upon returning from North Africa but was shot in the rump and couldn't play again. His last words were "If City don't sign me, I won't sign for another club."

Tell me, how does this make someone, because of their geographical location, a better supporter than me? I'll tell you - it doesn't. I, like some of the other non-Mancunian posters here, live 4 hours away from City and due to my job, which is football-related, I work a lot of Saturdays when City are playing. Last season, I went to games at Swindon, Yeovil, Bristol Rovers and Bristol Shitty, Plymouth, Southampton, Portsmouth, Reading, Oxford and many, many others, as a football lover and as a football journalist.

However, don't get me wrong - City is my first love. I remember my Old Man's face when I was 4 years old and told him I supported City. He was absolutely flabbergasted. Maybe he thought a 4 year old couldn't possibly come to a decision like that by himself, but I did.

And to those people who have given one word answers "NO" to the OP, let me ask you something. If, like me, you'd been lucky enough to live in Paris and Barcelona, would you still say the same thing? When in Catalunya, I went to Barca one week, Espanyol the next and when they were in the top flight, I went to Gimnastic de Tarragona too. Would you, because of your love for City, have not gone? When in France, I had a season ticket at PSG, and still love that club. Whenever I travel anywhere, I catch a game. I've seen games at Ajax, Madrid (both clubs), at the Azteca in Mexico City and the Maracana in Brazil.

Basically, my point is this. I am a football fan, and a City maniac. However, I still support my local club by buying a ticket when I can't get to City for whatever reason. Don't forget, players like Micah, Sturridge and thousands of others over the years have come from the lower leagues, but the way things are going with the disparity in money between the top flight clubs and everyone else, this won't be around forever.

Eat, sleep, and drink City. If you can't get to COMS, support your local team.

Big_Bad_Bojinov said:
FWIW, I think a lot of the financial problems in the lower leagues are a direct result of the attitudes of some of the posters here. Not a criticism, just an observation. I've got nothing for respect for people that travel from all over the country to support OUR club - there's probably an argument that these people are more dedicated than those who were born in Manchester and inherited the love of our club from their families.

Bollocks the problem is glory hunting cunts from all over not supporting there local team. I was born and bred in Manchester therfore i'm a Manchester city fan . If i was born and bred in say Sheffield or Norwhich (thank god i'm not) i'd support one of the Sheffield teams or Norwich team not the Rags/Chelease/Liverpool/Aresnal Or some other club i have no connection with.

Big_Bad_Bojinov said:
I'm was born in Wiltshire, my closest club being Swindon. I have a genuine link to City, my grandfather having represented the Club when the league was abandoned during WW2, and was due to sign upon returning from North Africa but was shot in the rump and couldn't play again. His last words were "If City don't sign me, I won't sign for another club."

You've just proved my first point.

Big_Bad_Bojinov said:
Tell me, how does this make someone, because of their geographical location, a better supporter than me? I'll tell you - it doesn't. I, like some of the other non-Mancunian posters here, live 4 hours away from City and due to my job, which is football-related, I work a lot of Saturdays when City are playing. Last season, I went to games at Swindon, Yeovil, Bristol Rovers and Bristol Shitty, Plymouth, Southampton, Portsmouth, Reading, Oxford and many, many others, as a football lover and as a football journalist.

However, don't get me wrong - City is my first love. I remember my Old Man's face when I was 4 years old and told him I supported City. He was absolutely flabbergasted. Maybe he thought a 4 year old couldn't possibly come to a decision like that by himself, but I did.

And to those people who have given one word answers "NO" to the OP, let me ask you something. If, like me, you'd been lucky enough to live in Paris and Barcelona, would you still say the same thing? When in Catalunya, I went to Barca one week, Espanyol the next and when they were in the top flight, I went to Gimnastic de Tarragona too. Would you, because of your love for City, have not gone? When in France, I had a season ticket at PSG, and still love that club. Whenever I travel anywhere, I catch a game. I've seen games at Ajax, Madrid (both clubs), at the Azteca in Mexico City and the Maracana in Brazil.

Yes i would, i would not go and watch another team ever i am CITY TILL I DIE. I might watch another team on TV, thats about it though.

Big_Bad_Bojinov said:
Basically, my point is this. I am a football fan, and a City maniac. However, I still support my local club by buying a ticket when I can't get to City for whatever reason. Don't forget, players like Micah, Sturridge and thousands of others over the years have come from the lower leagues, but the way things are going with the disparity in money between the top flight clubs and everyone else, this won't be around forever.

Eat, sleep, and drink City. If you can't get to COMS, support your local team.

Like Fuck am i ever going to watch Liverpool or Everton.

I'd always encourage football fans to support their local non-league clubs aswell, if possible. As someone who simply loves the game i enjoy visiting other team's grounds, i just like watching football, be it Barcelona or a sunday vet's team. I couldn't regularly go and watch another Prem/Football League club, though, it'd just feel wrong.

If City aren't playing, or City reserves, or City's academy, then i try and get to watch a local side; say Altrincham, Trafford, Maine Road, Flixton, Cheadle Town, or whoever happens to be playing. I think it's important that these clubs get as much support as possible.

Challenger, how eloquent(!)

Everton and Liverpool wouldn't need your support, but I daresay Tranmere or Morcambe would.

And, unless I'm mistaken, one City supporter has just called another a glory hunter. Where the fuck have you been for the last 32 years? Also, you insinuate that I have no connection to City. Obviously you've cherry-picked the points I've made to try and prove your point.

To be honest, I can't believe what you've just posted. Challenger? More like intellectually challenged.

norfstander said:
I'd always encourage football fans to support their local non-league clubs aswell, if possible. As someone who simply loves the game i enjoy visiting other team's grounds, i just like watching football, be it Barcelona or a sunday vet's team. I couldn't regularly go and watch another Prem/Football League club, though, it'd just feel wrong.

If City aren't playing, or City reserves, or City's academy, then i try and get to watch a local side; say Altrincham, Trafford, Maine Road, Flixton, Cheadle Town, or whoever happens to be playing. I think it's important that these clubs get as much support as possible.

Amen to that. Nice to see there are still some people around with a bit of sense.

I don't think there is anything wrong with watching another game if City are not playing, football league, none league etc. However a season ticket for another club is way over the top.

BlueT said:
I don't think there is anything wrong with watching another game if City are not playing, football league, none league etc. However a season ticket for another club is way over the top.

I'd tend to agree with that, but would like to make a point.

Lots of lower league clubs now offer such good deals on season tickets, it could be potentially cheaper to buy one than buying even 4 or 5 individual tickets.

Living In Chester work at the time meant I had no chance of getting to Maine Road/COMS so I started going to watch Chester. I did consider a season ticket for a while at the Deva but then changed my job now can watch City more, to the point I am once again a seasoncard holder at the COMS. Small clubs like Chester need the money so my point of view is if you cant make it to Manchester yes City are your first team but go cheer on your local club!

Challenger1978 said:
Big_Bad_Bojinov said:
Challenger, how eloquent(!)

Everton and Liverpool wouldn't need your support, but I daresay Tranmere or Morcambe would.

It would take me longer traveling wise to get to Tranmere or Morcombe than COMS which is 35 minutes away. BTW i'm in Liverpool not Tranmere or Morcombe so there not my local small team are they.

Big_Bad_Bojinov said:
And, unless I'm mistaken, one City supporter has just called another a glory hunter. Where the fuck have you been for the last 32 years? Also, you insinuate that I have no connection to City. Obviously you've cherry-picked the points I've made to try and prove your point.

Yes you are mistaken you jumped up twat, i was referring to the fact that you go to any small town and instead of seeing people wearing the colours of there local team you see them wearing the colours of the big 4. That's whats killing grass root football.

BTW how old are you ?.

Big_Bad_Bojinov said:
To be honest, I can't believe what you've just posted. Challenger? More like intellectually challenged.

Go fuck a duck pencil dick, or even better write an article for the sun as there twast and all.

LMFAO. What a clown!!!

EDIT - Where are the Twast and what exactly are they?

I have a season ticket for my local Scottish club Falkirk and watch them every game. However I make 2 or 3 City games a season I still consider myself a fan, maybe not as diehard as some of the posters on here but I am still a fan surely.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.