Season ticket with another club

As I said earlier, I use the Company season tickets to watch Alty.

Fortunately their games coincided with City away games (I couldn't get to many last season). However, if it clashed with home games there was no choice to be made. City every time!

There's nothing wrong with supporting your local lower division team, they need all the help they can get.

When someone asks me which team I support I always say Falkirk 1st but then say that I am also a City fan and get to as many games as I can.

I lived in Brighton in the Late 70's to mid 80's and I used to go to as many games as I could at their old Goldstone ground. I never had a season ticket, but I used to get behind the team.

They had some good players in those days, and I even enjoyed (?) a couple of days out to watch them at Wembley against you know who in the FA Cup final.

Having said that, when City were in town I always went in the away end, and on one occasion when City won, I happily sang 'Staying up' even though Brighton were doomed to relegation as a result.

I enjoyed watching Brighton and I supported them, but it was never my first team. Nothing will take away my love of City. I always look for their result, and I will always have a soft spot for them, but City was always my number one team.

Get yourself your season ticket, go and watch them and enjoy it by all means, but I bet you will always be a City fan at heart.

I used to have a ticket for Hyde United as a kid and used to go City with my old man few times a season for a treat.

Once I left school I demanded a City season ticket here I am 5 years on.

I don't see the issue in having a lower league season ticket.... So long as you don't choose it OVER a city one. Have both, and go to the lower league week night games and whenever City isn't an option.

I go to ewen fields on saturday sometimes when city not playing, few of me mates go down with us also, nice to spend a bit in ground on pie's and pints, giving them a bit of money to lower league teams to hopefully keep them going!!

amen to that stevie....and you Rosler...too much slagging off on here..from these kind of
ULTRA types....who seem to see supporting City as some kind of rights of passage issue..
worries me this kind of stuff puts others off from coming on here to contribute....for fear
of being slagged off!!

the lad made it perfectly clear he didnt ASK for the ST nor did he PAY for it...and he
also he lives 250 miles away so gets the chance to go watch his local team and ONLY if City
arent on TV!!

also he was also careful to point out that he was only watching another club OUTSIDE the
Prem so no probs there then!!!!

cookie... check out the supporters club section. there are groups in the sussex area who travel
up to COMS..when you get things sorted im sure you'll be around the place soon mate.

Since I can't post a new topic right away with the new rules and all, this seems a good place for my first post.

I live in the states these days, but was born in Nottingham, and lived there till I was 12. My dad on the other hand was raised in Gorton, and the rest of my family lives in Manchester, so we'd go up there every weekend/ every other, thusly having City instilled in me. When we moved to the states both my dad and I drifted away for a bit, keeping up with City, but not religiously checking results and transfers, etc. A few years ago, I got back into it and in effect my dad also. The problem was when we visited the UK every year it was always a family oriented trip and no time for city, or over the summer and out of season.

So upon graduation from university, after a bit of working, I flew myself to Manchester and got to the Fulham, Hamburg, West Brom, and Blackburn matches. That cost me a fair bit of money, but it was worth every bit. My point is, I go to the odd local "minor league Soccer" game, and its terrible, but its all I have. To go to City would be about 850 dollars (plane tickets and all). Why's it such a crime to watch some football to fill the void for some of you? In a couple of years I'll have a bit more money behind me, and I'll do it again, but until then, I was lucky enough to attend the Hamburg match along with three others. My impressions from my first City matches can come in later, more relevant posts, I suppose.

I live about two miles from Stockports ground and quite frankly they can get fucked!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.