Season Tickets 2014/15

malg said:
If we don't win the league, then I'll definitely not renew, unless I get guarantees from the club that we are signing players good enough to deliver it in the 2015/15 season.
There will be plenty to take your place , I'm sure my father in law who's on the waiting list will be pleased if you don't ;)

Are they really putting prices up again? Might finally have to consider dropping out of some cup schemes if so. They just seem to be going up year after year, while many clubs have frozen their prices. I think our prices must be about or near level to United's now (they have frozen prices for the last 3 years).

Georgian Maestro said:
goater1978 said:
de niro said:
excellent if true.

If you signed up to the DD you signed up to auto renewals

I wasn't aware of that. Is this a wind up?

No. It auto renews. If you don't want a season ticket next year make sure to tell the club

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/tickets-and-seasoncards/extras/direct-debit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/tickets-and-seaso ... rect-debit</a>

"By signing up to the Direct Debit scheme, the supporter is agreeing to an automatic renewals scheme, this means that next season the supporter’s Seasoncard will automatically be renewed (including any add-on product purchased the previous year) and they will once again be enrolled in the Direct Debit scheme."

malg said:
If we don't win the league, then I'll definitely not renew, unless I get guarantees from the club that we are signing players good enough to deliver it in the 2014/15 season.

i think this is a clarkie

Georgian Maestro said:
goater1978 said:
de niro said:
excellent if true.

If you signed up to the DD you signed up to auto renewals

I wasn't aware of that. Is this a wind up?

Not a wind up , if on the DD scheme , you will be automatically renewed and have your payments taken out by DD again . You do of course have the option to opt out but it Is up to you to sort out by contacting the relevant parties . If DD was the best option for you last year , would be surprised if it was not the best option again this year

goater1978 said:
it'll be end of the season as always and as always I expect a £40-50 rise.
Inflation recently has been around 1.7-1.9%

My SeasonCard has increased by about 36.36% in five years. That is, quite frankly, scandalous! Dividing the total by the 19 games you get and you're edging towards what an individual match ticket should cost, max.

You could get three, and in some cases four, SCs at Bayern München for the price of our SCs.

I think next season may well be my last ever SC. I am absolutely gutted to think that could be the case.

KippaxCitizen said:
goater1978 said:
it'll be end of the season as always and as always I expect a £40-50 rise.
Inflation recently has been around 1.7-1.9%

My SeasonCard has increased by about 36.36% in five years. That is, quite frankly, scandalous! Dividing the total by the 19 games you get and you're edging towards what an individual match ticket should cost, max.

You could get three, and in some cases four, SCs at Bayern München for the price of our SCs.

I think next season may well be my last ever SC. I am absolutely gutted to think that could be the case.

Never understood this argument - who cares how many season tickets you can buy at Bayern? A season ticket at Bayern could be a fiver but it wouldn't matter one iota to me as I don't support them so wouldn't buy it anyway.
If you can't afford the season ticket then fair enough, but no point comparing us to another team, especially a team not even in this country.

bainy said:
malg said:
If we don't win the league, then I'll definitely not renew, unless I get guarantees from the club that we are signing players good enough to deliver it in the 2014/15 season.

I can half see where he's coming from.

I never supported City because I wanted us to win things, ever before. City were my team through a long family history, my locality to the club and my pride in my town. Me and a large group of friends used to go home and away everywhere, and a lot of my family used to go to all home games. I never cared that we didn't win things, it could have been 55 years for all I cared, never mind 35. That's not what being a City fan was about. Being a City fan was a fucking buzz and there were many great times and many laughs had.

Now I can't afford to go home and away everywhere. In fact it's getting to the point where the tickets are getting so expensive I'm having to cut right down on away games just to be able to afford the SC and all the extra home games. In the last five years I've gone from home and away everywhere, to home and away once a month, and now home and away only if we don't have extra home games in other comps that month. And from a large group of friends and family that all used to go there are now less than a handful of us left.

Atmospheres are abysmal, almost always at home, and it's creeping in more and more away from home too. Plus loads of things about the match day are a far less enjoyable or should I say, more annoying, experience.

Everything away from the pitch as a match going fan has got worse, for me. This has made me a dam sight more demanding. Where in the past I'd happily go to the game, sing with all my mates and have a great piss up afterwards...I now sit on my own and often drive to games as nobody else is there to go out with afterwards. And that has made me want to see success on the pitch. Not just a hope. I'm almost demanding it now. I'm that disillusioned with this middle class sport as a whole that I think the only thing that will make up for that is City winning big trophies.

It pains me to say it. But that's how I feel.

KippaxCitizen said:
bainy said:
malg said:

I can half see where he's coming from.

I never supported City because I wanted us to win things, ever before. City were my team through a long family history, my locality to the club and my pride in my town. Me and a large group of friends used to go home and away everywhere, and a lot of my family used to go to all home games. I never cared that we didn't win things, it could have been 55 years for all I cared, never mind 35. That's not what being a City fan was about. Being a City fan was a fucking buzz and there were many great times and many laughs had.

Now I can't afford to go home and away everywhere. In fact it's getting to the point where the tickets are getting so expensive I'm having to cut right down on away games just to be able to afford the SC and all the extra home games. In the last five years I've gone from home and away everywhere, to home and away once a month, and now home and away only if we don't have extra home games in other comps that month. And from a large group of friends and family that all used to go there are now less than a handful of us left.

Atmospheres are abysmal, almost always at home, and it's creeping in more and more away from home too. Plus loads of things about the match day are a far less enjoyable or should I say, more annoying, experience.

Everything away from the pitch as a match going fan has got worse, for me. This has made me a dam sight more demanding. Where in the past I'd happily go to the game, sing with all my mates and have a great piss up afterwards...I now sit on my own and often drive to games as nobody else is there to go out with afterwards. And that has made me want to see success on the pitch. Not just a hope. I'm almost demanding it now. I'm that disillusioned with this middle class sport as a whole that I think the only thing that will make up for that is City winning big trophies.

It pains me to say it. But that's how I feel.
Good post, very hard to argue against it :$

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.