Season Tickets 2018-19 - 3% average increase reported

We'll see if there's figures are true and accurate in the coming Weeks.

The facility fee is based on United having more matches on the TV. Not sure that will be the case?

Either way, the figures can't be that far off.

Premier League Prize Money 2018 (Complete breakdown of entire tv money fund)

Premier League has confirmed the TV money distribution and prize money for 2017-18 season and the eventual winners of this year’s premier league title will take home more than £150 million.

IMG_2767.jpg

https://www.totalsportek.com/money/premier-league-prize-money/
Also around £35m from the CL

See a lot on social media are defending it as in line with inflation, unfortunately to the average match goer their wages don't rise in line with inflaltion also.
The thing is, our tickets have gone up almost 50% since 2011... in the words of triffic ‘Arry, that blows inflation out of the water

Let's not forget the increase in team performance.
Compared to other prem clubs we not to expensive.but on the pitch were amazing every week.
C.T.I.D

The thing is, our tickets have gone up almost 50% since 2011... in the words of triffic ‘Arry, that blows inflation out of the water
Inflation, since 2011, is about 20%. Mind you, I expect the wages and transfer fees we’ve been paying have gone up considerably more than 20% in that time. Not that that justifies the price increases as the other revenue streams have gone up by hundreds of percent since then.

It's a difficult one, we see our tickets going up every year and my first reaction is to moan about it, but then I look at the talent on the pitch and the trophies in the cabinet, it could be worse a lot worse we could support any of the other 19 teams in the premiership God forbid arsenal.

You know the answer. City are run as a business.

Please, Marvin.

So are other football clubs, but they freeze or reduce season ticket prices

If City are run as a business, they should look at reducing running costs, rather than using that as an annual excuse to increase season ticket and matchday ticket prices.Why should the fans have to pay for that each season?

My maths isn't great.

My season ticket went up by £20. City apparently have 46,000 season ticket holders.((Johnny Ball, think of a number) Replicate my season ticket increase by 46,000 season ticket holders. I know it doesn't quite work like that. That's £920,000. It could be more? It could be less? Is there £920,000 worth of running costs and matchday savings that could be made at City annually? Damn right there is. Do you know some of the guff City fork out on. Walk around the Etihad on a matchday and see where the money is being spent. Is wasted a better word?

So instead of continually passing on price rises to the fans every season via season season ticket and matchday ticket price rises, City's Execs and their Managers should find ways of cutting running costs, so these continual season ticket and matchday ticket price rises don't need to happen.

Tell me. If other clubs can survive and drive revenues without annual season ticket and matchday ticket price rises, why can't City?

£920.000! It's less than a months wage for some of City's players.

Last edited:
Let's not forget the increase in team performance.
Compared to other prem clubs we not to expensive.but on the pitch were amazing every week.
C.T.I.D

Yes.

And let's not forget the £100's if millions we've blown on poor players, their wages, and paying their agents.

There's always two sides to that argument.

I wasn't going to go platinum next season but I've decided not to due to the price increase.

The club would actually have got more money from me if they hadn't increased the ticket price.

If we’re looking at City as a business then our revenue this season will be around £500m. The projected revenue uplift from the increase in general season tickets will be £800k or 0.15% of revenue. If even only 5000 people shave £50 off their total expenditure, then that comes down to 0.1%. Our wage bill and other operating expenses will be something like 75% of revenue.

If costs have increased then couldn’t we find that 0.1% saving in that 75% or find another small revenue stream or even absorb that increase, instead of pissing customers off. That’s what businesses do.
It might be small set against corporate sponsors and media revenues but I wouldn't write it off as goodwill when everyone else is operating by the market.

My seat has cost me £500. The equivalent at Spurs would be £1000. And we're the Champions

It might be small set against corporate sponsors and media revenues but I wouldn't write it off as goodwill when everyone else is operating by the market.

My seat has cost me £500. The equivalent at Spurs would be £1000. And we're the Champions
None of the other top clubs are increasing prices, bar Spurs who are moving to a new stadium. The London clubs have a much bigger, more affluent market to aim at but Spurs appear to have pissed off lots of their fans by their new pricing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.