Season Tickets - 2023/24

I'm not getting my hopes up, at best there may be some silvers. IF In the unlikely event there are any silver STs being released the club absolutely have to implement a points criteria for it. Can't say fairer than that.

The maintenance could be for the release of matchday tickets for next season.
Not getting my hopes up either. I'd rather have a silver than no season ticket, but I'm convinced the numbers released will be so few that it's going to be a lottery. Been squirrelling a bit away in the expectation I'll be putting my own bespoke ST together. If there's a few bargains on Cat C games that will take the sting out of it, but after the Treble nothing is guaranteed, we could see more demand for any type of ticket then we ever have.

I might be wrong but I’m sure when I went to renew my matchday membership, in the spiel talking about perks the bit it used to mention about season tickets was no longer there…

Not getting my hopes up either. I'd rather have a silver than no season ticket, but I'm convinced the numbers released will be so few that it's going to be a lottery. Been squirrelling a bit away in the expectation I'll be putting my own bespoke ST together. If there's a few bargains on Cat C games that will take the sting out of it, but after the Treble nothing is guaranteed, we could see more demand for any type of ticket then we ever have.
I'm doing the same as you pal, will try and get as many for SS3 when tickets are released. If I can get a few bargains in SS3 then it will offset the premium cost for the "big 5 games".

I'm doing the same as you pal, will try and get as many for SS3 when tickets are released. If I can get a few bargains in SS3 then it will offset the premium cost for the "big 5 games".
Yep, let's hope some early bird pricing has been retained. Doesn't work for everyone, but helps for those of us who have saved for STs and not got one.

There have to be some long-standing Blues for whom winning the CL is a natural point to retire. Sadly it’s easy to imagine their STs won’t be returned to sale. I’d expect league fixtures against Forest, Luton and Sheffield Utd will be priced for the local/loyal non-ST holding fan, alongside early stage CL and FA Cup and Carabao if the opposition isn’t glamorous. I don’t even think Burnley tickets will be cheap because of the Vinnie factor.

Last season, with three to pay for, I spent a small fortune on matchday tickets - an ST was not viable for me when the kids were younger and there will be lots of other parents in the same boat. But if the numbers being rumoured here are true I would start to feel insulted and will consider going less and letting a non-singing, smartphone-wielding neutral have the seat. Every company and their dog is out to fleece the working man and woman these days but the difference with football is it’s discretionary and support is based on goodwill. Not the case with food, fuel, utilities. The club really does risk alienating the people who will come week in week out for the next sixty years if these numbers are correct. And there will come a time when those Blues are needed. Nothing goes up in a straight line.
I have - after 25 years I've seen it all now.
That is literal btw - seen it ALL.
I will always love our club, but it isn't (and never will be) the same again.
I hope we win trophy after trophy, but let's not kid ourselves - we're now "one of them". Money will come before everything - the Madrid semifinal being a prime example.
I'll be interested to see how many season tickets go on sale to new people, and how they manage it.

I hope we win trophy after trophy, but let's not kid ourselves - we're now "one of them". Money will come before everything - the Madrid semifinal being a prime example.
I'll be interested to see how many season tickets go on sale to new people, and how they manage it.
The renewal window was around 4 weeks before the final though, and the day after Brighton beat Arsenal.

No one knew what was coming.

Maybe true but we were worse than we are now over 25 years ago. If you didn’t have a season card we often had to pay over the odds. That includes watching bore draws against the likes of West Brom and Port Vale over the festive periods when the only tickets available to buy were inflated corporate tickets.

It’s easy to look back with blue tinted spectacles but we now pay to watch the best football in world football. According to Bastien Schweinsteiger on Talkshite, adoption of Peo’s style of play has even managed to ruin the German National team lol.

I hope the expanded North Stand will satisfy all the Blues desperate for a season card.

Last edited:
Maybe true but we were worse than we are now over 25 years ago. If you didn’t have a season card we often had to pay over the odds. That includes watching bore draws against the likes of West Brom and Port Vale over the festive periods when the only tickets available to buy were inflated corporate tickets.

It’s easy to look back with blue tinted spectacles but we now pay to watch the best football in world football. According to Bastien Schweinsteiger on Talkshite, adoption of Peo’s style of play has even managed to ruin the German National team lol.

I hope the expanded North Stand will satisfy all the Blues desperate for a season card.
25 years ...kids eh.....try doing what us poor old bastards have. Life risking trips away as well as watching shyte.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.