Season Tickets - 2023/24

One of the issues is that City historically have had one of the cheapest season tickets in the top league. As I see it the people who run the club want us to pay what the other top clubs charge. And that means they intend to raise the prices year on year until there`s parity with the others. The fact that were in the middle of a national economic depression it will not stop them from achieving their target.
It`s as if there`s some sort of resentment that we`re getting to see the best team on the cheap. Their decisions are being taken with a cold heart and lack of understanding of our club`s roots.

One of the issues is that City historically have had one of the cheapest season tickets in the top league. As I see it the people who run the club want us to pay what the other top clubs charge. And that means they intend to raise the prices year on year until there`s parity with the others. The fact that were in the middle of a national economic depression it will not stop them from achieving their target.
It`s as if there`s some sort of resentment that we`re getting to see the best team on the cheap. Their decisions are being taken with a cold heart and lack of understanding of our club`s roots.

This is my take too. When they've looked at the sizeable attendances and loyalty of previous years (including watching shit in the 3rd tier) they've thought surely they'd be happy to pay x and have a successful team if they were happy paying x for watching complete and utter dross. Unfortunately it isn't simple maths and doesnt just work like that.

It's almost like the working class 'legacy' fan is a make-weight until they can be fully replaced by a day tripper.

As a protest we should choose one home game next season against a team with a smallish following, Fulham as an example, and we all do the ticket exchange thing and get our money back
Let's see if the club can shift 30 odd thousand tickets for one of the less attractive fixtures

Not really. The club only guarantee you a refund for 12 as of yet unnamed games next season.

For the other seven, no doubt including the likes of Fulham, unless it is the last home game, if it doesn’t sell, they’ll be no refund.

As a protest we should choose one home game next season against a team with a smallish following, Fulham as an example, and we all do the ticket exchange thing and get our money back
Let's see if the club can shift 30 odd thousand tickets for one of the less attractive fixtures
You were only guaranteed money back on the ticket exchange for games against the supposed top six - think they added in Leicester late on? Otherwise if your ticket doesn’t sell you don’t get anything back.

I can't see there being new season tickets available for a good number of years, even when they open the new stand. They will release a few thousand silver tickets when the new stand opens but will be happy they can sell tickets for 5 games a year at top whack.

I know plenty of die hard home and away blues. They don’t frequent Bluemoon at all. Trying to generate a widespread protest would be problematic.

I know plenty of die hard home and away blues. They don’t frequent Bluemoon at all. Trying to generate a widespread protest would be problematic.

They’ll be no protest of note. The vast majority are either indifferent to a small increase or at worst were slightly pissed off yesterday but will never mention it again until this time next year.

I can't see there being new season tickets available for a good number of years, even when they open the new stand. They will release a few thousand silver tickets when the new stand opens but will be happy they can sell tickets for 5 games a year at top whack.

Unfortunately I agree and this is something else City Matters should be fighting.

Initially the Silver was only meant to be an option for current season ticket holders to downgrade. Uptake was clearly poor so now its being used as a tool to replace lapsed season tickets and still charge through the nose for the more glamorous ties. Cunningly those that did get tempted to downgrade now seem unable to get back on to Gold. Complete lack of transparency and it really does stink.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.