Season Tickets - 2023/24

I've noticed that a common argument for the price hikes is that we play the best football under the stewardship of the best manager. Few would disagree with the football side of the equation. However, this does transform the relationship between the club and the fan. Many will tolerate the increases for footballing reasons, but if the manager leaves and the trophies dry up, nobody can be blamed for jacking it in. Attendance at games never used to hinge on team performance for so many people. Our 28,000 crowds in 1998-99 are probably the equivalent of 38,000 in 2022-23 and serve to prove this point about loyalty. Loyalty is a two-way street however, and we've learned in the last couple of days that it counts for very little. The club can therefore not expect people to hang around if team performances dip. Now that we know the true nature of the relationship between fans and the club, they need to keep on producing good teams. Anything less is unacceptable given the terms of the relationship the club chooses to have with the fans.

3000 would be a good start though.

The only way the club will listen is if we protest our anger at at games in getting tickets capped, like Liverpool fans did. Venting our spleen on a fans forum is not the answer because the club won't bother. Demonstrating our frustration of SC and match day tickets at games with banners and protests chants may be the answer because they can't turn a blind eye.
I threw that number in but actually doubt it would really be anywhre near that. How many in this thread are bothered enough to demonstrate I'd say maybe 20 ish,In the world outside Bluemoon, who knows but multiply it by 100 still nowhere near 3000. They probably would re sell, they would hardly notice the difference to the normal returns for Fulham. To be honest despite the impression this thread may give, I very much doubt there is that much appetite for any protest amongst the vast majority of the 40000 S/C holders.

Not buying a pie or any of that shit beer in the concourse anymore. That’s a good few quid saved fuck em !
That was my reaction years ago
Now I bring my grandson's bottle of coke in with us means we can have a lid on the bottle too.And he prefers macdonalds on the way home. F-ck paying them match prices. CTID

Timed it just right where everyone is on a high to snide £60 on top for everyone.

Just hours after their joke of a way they sold Madrid home tickets.

Typical City will never ever leave us!
I am in the cup schemes so don't know.
What have the club done regarding Madrid at home tickets?

As a protest we should choose one home game next season against a team with a smallish following, Fulham as an example, and we all do the ticket exchange thing and get our money back
Let's see if the club can shift 30 odd thousand tickets for one of the less attractive fixtures
That's a really good idea. Also perhaps a complete boycott on Campus spending for a game or two. No club shop, no food, no drink. Now that would make them think. It would need coordination, but I'm not so sure that we are quite such the dosile obedient bunch they may take us for!

Is it reasonable for us to expect that at a time of double digit inflation tickets will not go up? I am not happy about a £50 (6%) increase for me, but I’m not happy about the price of energy, food and everything else going up either. The economy is in a bad way and inflation is out of control.
I am not trying to be contrary or controversial, but I would be amazed if the cost to the club of putting a game on has not gone up by more than 6% in the last year, it must have. So the question is whether the club should absorb that cost or pass it on. I don‘t really know, but I can understand why the prices have gone up.

Is it reasonable for us to expect that at a time of double digit inflation tickets will not go up? I am not happy about a £50 (6%) increase for me, but I’m not happy about the price of energy, food and everything else going up either. The economy is in a bad way and inflation is out of control.
I am not trying to be contrary or controversial, but I would be amazed if the cost to the club of putting a game on has not gone up by more than 6% in the last year, it must have. So the question is whether the club should absorb that cost or pass it on. I don‘t really know, but I can understand why the prices have gone up.
I can answer your question, they’ve passed it on.

It seems to be that the club has tried to find the middle ground by absorbing some of the cost and passing some on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.