Season Tickets - 2024/25 | Average increases of 5% despite record profits

Never understood why over 65s have a discount, as a proportion of the population they have the highest disposal income and unlike offering cheap tickets to students ect you arent securing any longer term income from them when they hit an age they have to pay full price.
I'm all for a discount of some sort for O65s but 50% is ridiculous.

At least they are likely to be able to retire if they haven't already!

Never understood why over 65s have a discount, as a proportion of the population they have the highest disposal income and unlike offering cheap tickets to students ect you arent securing any longer term income from them when they hit an age they have to pay full price.
yeah it should be free after over 60 years loyal support through shit then more shit. ;)

I'm all for a discount of some sort for O65s but 50% is ridiculous.

At least they are likely to be able to retire if they haven't already!
Mine in mid SS3 is 34% currently. This year is the first it hasn't gone down as a proportion to the full price since I got it nearly five years ago.

It is around 50% for more expensive areas though.

You could say the same for any concessions at any sporting event I guess. Not all pensioners have bags of cash, hidden away. You will probably feel different about it when you are 65 - if you’re lucky enough to make it that long.

You could say the same for any concessions at any sporting event I guess. Not all pensioners have bags of cash, hidden away. You will probably feel different about it when you are 65 - if you’re lucky enough to make it that long.

I’m guessing when discounts for most things started for pensioners, it came in an era when the majority of people didn’t pay into private pensions and weren’t home owners.

So probably most retirees had the state pension and that was it. Yet still had to find their rent and pay other bills.

Whereas now with maybe the majority ( or certainly a fair chunk) have homes paid off and a decent private pension plan.

I’m not making a case for not having OAP discounts btw. The complete opposite in fact. I’m not that far off myself. And if I make it that far, I want a piece of the pie aswell.

Just making the point, that I can understand the argument. Pensioners over the years have probably gone from the poorest demographic to possibly the richest, on average.

Reactions: PPT
I don’t understand it either. Obviously very historical.

I first heard about this at work this week. Someone ( not a blue) was commenting on how City have increased their prices as if no other club does. Is that true? Surely every club/business does to combat inflation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.