Season Tickets - 2024/25 | Average increases of 5% despite record profits

We only need to look at the ticket prices on our USA pre season tour where we are heading match ticket price over here

I think that’s relative to what American sports fans pay for American Football, Basketball, baseball, etc, matches.

You also have to factor in the opportunity of seeing a PL team live instead of watching them on the TV.

Wages and disposable income is higher in America amongst the middle classes and especially amongst the rich.

In general Americans will pay what they have to to watch a PL team they follow, and a match involving a PL team/s, especially the big PL teams that now include City.

I think that’s relative to what American sports fans pay for American Football, Basketball, baseball, etc, matches.

You also have to factor in the opportunity of seeing a PL team live instead of watching them on the TV.

Wages and disposable income is higher in America amongst the middle classes and especially amongst the rich.

In general Americans will pay what they have to to watch a PL team they follow, and a match involving a PL team/s, especially the big PL teams that now include City.
The prices yanks pay to watch sports over there is massively skewed, an mlb baseball team will play 81 home games where as an nfl team might play 8. An nba team will play a minimum of 41. The nfl ties are considerably more expensive, I've watched the Yankees v red sox which is the top two team historically for £25, you can see an nba for similar but a high level nfl game in the regular season can be £250 for the cheapest seat. Classic supply and demand.

Reactions: jrb
Sorry to read that. At least you know your seat will be sold as a match day ticket sale to a tourist or a day tripper instead of to you or to another legacy City fan who is desperate for a season ticket. :-( Tuff times for City’s legacy support.
Why are you assuming a tourist, or day trippers,
So where are the flexi gold coming from, besides only a minority of Match day tickets go to tourists, most go to normal fans,some of which have been going longer than you have.
He's got a real beef about City and tickets...

Some very interesting lines in this piece. Nice to know we're not being paranoid - and that we're not alone.

‘You look around the Kop and everybody is 40, 50, 60,’ Spirit of Shankly’s Paul Khan says. ‘There are hardly any kids getting into the game. This is every club, I worry about the future.’

‘The number of season tickets at the Etihad is 36,000 and that is only going to go down,’ a spokesman for City fan group 1894 said. ‘The only way City can beat Arsenal for matchday revenue is if there are no season tickets at all; 60,000 people paying £70 or £80 per ticket per game. That’s what some people at the top of the club want.’
Spurs upped their season tickets by an average of six per cent, the same as Arsenal and City. The OAP debacle brought banners during the defeat at Fulham – “Save Our Seniors” – and more are expected when Luton Town arrive in north London on Saturday.

‘Their business model creates criticism,’ Buhagiar adds. ‘It feels like a step backwards. We’ve worked out the six per cent makes them between £3-4million a year. They make that three or four times over from one Beyonce concert. Stop exploiting loyalty.’ The margins at other clubs are even smaller – raising the question of why clubs appear determined to alienate fans. City and Arsenal earned £2.4m for each Champions League group stage win this year, more per match than their ticket hikes for an entire season. Asked about City’s 100 per cent record in the competition, Pep Guardiola replied: ‘For (CEO) Ferran Soriano, for the money: he's so happy, that's for sure!’

That poverty line is much higher now. Football is an escape from that reality but if people are priced out of that then there is nothing to fall back on.’

Lenihan discusses how Aston Villa changed their number of price brackets from six to four, losing the cheapest two. She impresses an ‘annoyance’ at how Holte Enders are being ‘forced out of their seats’ for hospitality. ‘My mum and dad sit behind the dugouts and are fully expecting to be moved along for premium seats,’ she adds. ‘My dad’s said he just won’t go if that happens and he’s been going down for 50 years. It’s forcing people out to chase the money. I’ve got a few friends who just can’t afford it now.’
Profit and Sustainability rules have dominated this season and matchday revenue is somewhere executives can make gains in order to stay within the spending limits. Supplemented by a booming ‘tourist’ market, which in the cases of Tottenham’s South Korean groups – the club sell an estimated 2,000 Son Heung-min shirts a game – should be celebrated. Brighton can’t print enough Kaoru Mitoma kits. ‘We love the overseas fans,’ Buhagiar says. ‘But when Son goes, they’re going to go too. The club takes advantage of those supporters without a strategy. What happens when that player leaves?’
Studies by Visit Britain five years ago detailed that 1.5million tourist visits were football related, spending £1.4billion for the economy. The Etihad recorded 87,000 of those visits and that figure will have doubled or trebled since as their global appeal skyrockets. Anfield and Old Trafford were, at the time, over 200,000 each.
In what is framed as an attempt to offer choice to fans, City have introduced a flexi-gold ticket, which preserves a seat for a £150 membership fee and then gives the option of picking and choosing matches, paying full general admission prices. ‘The premium seems like it’s taking advantage of people,’ City Matters chair Alex Howell says. ‘At what point does the success on and off the pitch get passed to supporters?’

City, the Treble winners, posted record revenue and profits this year. ‘What a great opportunity it would have been to reward our loyal, long-standing season ticket holders with no increase,’ official supporters’ club chair Kevin Parker says. ‘Instead City has decided to ignore that – almost certainly knowing that the exact same fan base are so loyal they will renew despite the increase. This one will leave a bitter taste in the mouths of many.’

Why are you assuming a tourist, or day trippers,

He's got a real beef about City and tickets...

I'll tell you one day. I''ve got a very good example of that.

You only have to look around on a match day to see how our home support has changed, aided by the club and their insatiable drive to increase match day revenues by selling tickets to tourists and day tippers who may not support City. I've never seen anyone I know wearing a half and half scarf, especially for a Manchester derby.

Damned right I've got a beef. So have a lot of other City fans. Is that ok with you? Or should I not be arsed about the way tickets are now being sold, siphoned off, and no new season tickets are being made available by the club? Obviously you couldn't give a shit. That's your choice. Maybe I'm wrong about that?

Hopefully when the North stand is open and there are an additional 8000 seats to fill more legacy City fans will be able to buy those seats? And more season tickets, in whatever shape or form, will be made available for legacy City fans to buy.

And yes, I would put a legacy City fan in-front of a tourist or day tripper, who possibly doesn't support City, anytime when it comes to selling them tickets.

Last edited:
I'll tell you one day. I''ve got a very good example of that.

You only have to look around on a match day to see how our home support has changed, aided by the club and their insatiable drive to increase match day revenues BY selling tickets to tourists and day tippers who may not support City. I've never seen anyone I know Wearing a half and half scarf, especially for a Manchester derby.

Damned right I've got a beef. So have a lot of other City fans. Is that ok with you? Or should I not be arsed about the way tickets are now being sold, siphoned off, and no new season tickets are being made available by the club? Obviously you counted give a shit. that's your choice. Maybe I wrong about that?

Hopefully when the North stand is open and there are an additional 8000 seats to fill, more local legacy fans will be able to buy those seats.#? And more season tickets, in whatever shape or form, will be made available for City fans to buy.

And yes, I would put a local legacy City fan in-front of a tourist or day tripper, who possibly doesn't support City, anytime when it comes to buying tickets.
Yep local legacy fans should come first.
But they mean fuck all to the club unfortunately.
I know I've how ever many home games left watching City this season.
Doubt I'll go ever again after that.
Sad really but its what the club wants

Reactions: jrb
According to Pep our support is unconditional regardless of ticket prices….

”On whether he understands fans being frustrated at a rise in season-ticket prices: "Absolutely. I know it's a sensitive issue but they will be with us. The people support us unconditionally."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.