Season Tickets - 2024/25 | Average increases of 5% despite record profits

I'll tell you one day. I''ve got a very good example of that.

You only have to look around on a match day to see how our home support has changed, aided by the club and their insatiable drive to increase match day revenues by selling tickets to tourists and day tippers who may not support City. I've never seen anyone I know wearing a half and half scarf, especially for a Manchester derby.

Damned right I've got a beef. So have a lot of other City fans. Is that ok with you? Or should I not be arsed about the way tickets are now being sold, siphoned off, and no new season tickets are being made available by the club? Obviously you couldn't give a shit. That's your choice. Maybe I'm wrong about that?

Hopefully when the North stand is open and there are an additional 8000 seats to fill more legacy City fans will be able to buy those seats? And more season tickets, in whatever shape or form, will be made available for legacy City fans to buy.

And yes, I would put a legacy City fan in-front of a tourist or day tripper, who possibly doesn't support City, anytime when it comes to selling them tickets.
It's right to have a beef. Because it's not just about how supporters are treated it's about the club we care about. Businesses that get complacent run into trouble. It bears repeating - when we were kids the idea that people wouldn't be buying print newspapers, records or going to the cinema would have been unthinkable. Fashions change, something comes along to disrupt the business model and suddenly the party's over. The PL has to do more to recognise the fact this is not a country where living standards are rising fast. Many folk are going to be poorer than their parents' generation and there are many other distractions to compete for time over time and money than PL football. Even if you're doing alright, taxes are only going one way. There's already lots of kids who may never develop the habit of going. They'll play it, they'll listen to YouTubers chat shit about it, but they haven't developed the attention span to sit in a ground all afternoon. If you break a link between a club and a community, if you price people out and take their loyalty for granted, you don't have a product. Tourists don't want to sit in a ground looking at 60,000 other tourists and they have lots of other things to spend their money on. Captive audiences who provide a recurring income should be cherished.

Last edited:
According to Pep our support is unconditional regardless of ticket prices….

”On whether he understands fans being frustrated at a rise in season-ticket prices: "Absolutely. I know it's a sensitive issue but they will be with us. The people support us unconditionally."

I do hope that's been taken out of context again or it's just another stupid comment from him regarding fans imo. Yes, we will always support the team unconditionally but we won't be bloody there if we can't afford it, on my list of priorities City comes after feeding my kids and keeping our house, it's an expensive hobby nowadays.

It's easy to say that sort of thing when your salary is a huge amount, I'm quite lucky and I still struggle but I bet a large percentage of our core support don't earn the national average wage wise, not many do in the North.

I'll tell you one day. I''ve got a very good example of that.

You only have to look around on a match day to see how our home support has changed, aided by the club and their insatiable drive to increase match day revenues by selling tickets to tourists and day tippers who may not support City. I've never seen anyone I know wearing a half and half scarf, especially for a Manchester derby.

Damned right I've got a beef. So have a lot of other City fans. Is that ok with you? Or should I not be arsed about the way tickets are now being sold, siphoned off, and no new season tickets are being made available by the club? Obviously you couldn't give a shit. That's your choice. Maybe I'm wrong about that?

Hopefully when the North stand is open and there are an additional 8000 seats to fill more legacy City fans will be able to buy those seats? And more season tickets, in whatever shape or form, will be made available for legacy City fans to buy.

And yes, I would put a legacy City fan in-front of a tourist or day tripper, who possibly doesn't support City, anytime when it comes to selling them tickets.
just enjoy the fucking ride, and be thankful we do have tourists because if we didn't it would mean we are shit...I know which I would choose.

So 40% of season card holders don’t go to low profile midweek games (Burnley at home). City Matters revelation from Ian Cheeseman’s podcast.No wonder City are trying to look at alternatives including flexi gold. It’s not a panacea but let’s see how it goes.

In addition, the stats revealed that only about 5K of the 100k match day members went to more than a few CL games in the last couple of years. The stats indicate that it wasn’t just tourists at last season’s Real Madrid semi final!

Other interesting info included there being 36,500 season card holders.

View attachment 111644

I was unable to travel that particular midweek match and did list my ticket for the exchange but there were no takers.

Travel from Edinburgh has been a nightmare for the past two seasons with Avanti and TPE consistently cancelling trains or not listing tickets in advance that they think may be cancelled. It is usually far better to travel East Coast via York.

If the club cannot sell out for rearranged mid-week matches against less attractive opposition, it is clear that the pricing structure is all wrong. My ticket was no doubt listed at £65 as opposed to the £19 I would have received from the exchange had it sold.

The above Forever Blue made no sense to me at all. Only 5,000 members attended a Champions League match and many members hadn't attended a match at all. Why do people buy a membership if they don't intend to go to a match?

Renewed this will be my 35th consecutive year as a season ticket holder & my 50th season attending games at Gods own FC

Renewed this will be my 35th consecutive year as a season ticket holder & my 50th season attending games at Gods own FC
Time passes quickly eh mate..I renewed and it's my 50th season of having a season ticket..left school in 73 and got a season ticket the following year so I have seen some great times and some shit times but now we are seeing the best of times.

So 40% of season card holders don’t go to low profile midweek games (Burnley at home). City Matters revelation from Ian Cheeseman’s podcast.No wonder City are trying to look at alternatives including flexi gold. It’s not a panacea but let’s see how it goes.

In addition, the stats revealed that only about 5K of the 100k match day members went to more than a few CL games in the last couple of years. The stats indicate that it wasn’t just tourists at last season’s Real Madrid semi final!

View attachment 111644
Amazing all those stats nearly down to what each member has for breakfast and they still can’t tell us how many people are in each loyalty points band

View attachment 111644
This is what I find curious about Flexi-Gold. It's better than nowt for a fan...but from the club's perspective I don't see how it deals with the problem of people snubbing the less glam fixtures. What's to stop someone paying £150 to reserve a seat for Rags, Scouse, Arse, Spuds, Chelsea, throw in Brighton, Fulham, Newcastle, Villa, West Ham...and then relisting the rest...at least Silver bundled up the Cat B and C fixtures

I was unable to travel that particular midweek match and did list my ticket for the exchange but there were no takers.

Travel from Edinburgh has been a nightmare for the past two seasons with Avanti and TPE consistently cancelling trains or not listing tickets in advance that they think may be cancelled. It is usually far better to travel East Coast via York.

If the club cannot sell out for rearranged mid-week matches against less attractive opposition, it is clear that the pricing structure is all wrong. My ticket was no doubt listed at £65 as opposed to the £19 I would have received from the exchange had it sold.

The above Forever Blue made no sense to me at all. Only 5,000 members attended a Champions League match and many members hadn't attended a match at all. Why do people buy a membership if they don't intend to go to a match?
I have not checked back but IIRC only 5K had attended a few or more. That chimes to an extent with the Madrid game selling out to fans who had been to three games in the last year or two. Some people just want to be associated with City and don’t go to a game. Others might make a game every couple of years. Thousands buy off the Face Value Facebook pages.

The prices were wrong for the Burnley game but we’ve also got lots of season card holders who don’t treat the season card as such. I don’t mind as long at they try to pass on the seat or list it on the exchange.

Last edited:
This is what I find curious about Flexi-Gold. It's better than nowt for a fan...but from the club's perspective I don't see how it deals with the problem of people snubbing the less glam fixtures. What's to stop someone paying £150 to reserve a seat for Rags, Scouse, Arse, Spuds, Chelsea, throw in Brighton, Fulham, Newcastle, Villa, West Ham...and then relisting the rest...at least Silver bundled up the Cat B and C fixtures
That’s how I see it too. It doesn’t solve that problem. Maybe it gives a bit more latitude to reduce match day prices for less attractive games but I’m not convinced about that either.

I’ve said this before but the Club seems to spent a lot of time bending to the will of season card holders who don’t go to that many games. Maybe they could recognise the people who go to every home game for once.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.