Season Tickets - 2024/25

Also there is no way of expressing interest for current members on the site.
No. I think their target audience at this point is kids of existing season ticket holders. Only 500 - 1000 Silvers ever went on sale so expect these will be like hen's teeth until the new stand opens and the club thinks it's sensible to underwrite attendance in the extra seats.

No. I think their target audience at this point is kids of existing season ticket holders. Only 500 - 1000 Silvers ever went on sale so expect these will be like hen's teeth until the new stand opens and the club thinks it's sensible to underwrite attendance in the extra seats.
The Kids have to be existing Members in the terms.

There is no option for that either. It says it goes on the adults points but there isn't anywhere to submit an EOI.

Last edited:
***Long Post Alert***

Renewal window closes today and as a guess I reckon 95% will have done so (if it is lower that's a plus for the club). For the third year running no new Golds will be sold so that leaves the Flexi Gold concept offer.

What is it? What it isn't is a full Gold SC but it's deliberately not clear what the offer is at this stage. I can't imagine any full SC holder being tempted to downgrade to a Flexi so it is then being aimed current non SC holders. Other than it costs £150 pricing is as clear as mud. Posters are hoping / misinterpreting what has been released as you would then get your seat for 1/19th of the price of the actual SC price of that seat subject to attending a minimum of 10 games. That actually would be a great deal for people who currently buy lots of tickets at match day prices. The downside for the club is that if you went to the 'top ten' games it would only be an additional £15 a time to the club and less if you attended all 19. You could swerve Sheffield United on a February Wednesday and leave the club to sell the seat for £60 plus. I can't see that being the case so I expect pricing would be something like a halfway house between the SC and match day prices.

Furthermore, I can't see any new Golds being issued at all in the future. This coming season is a trial for the opening of the expanded NS in 2025. A limited number of Flexi Golds will be sold in the coming weeks and they may make tweaks for the grand opening. Only Flexis will be offered for sale next year and subsequent years after each renewal window. The club gets to further reduce the number of legacy SCs whilst maximising income. Commercially it all makes sense until we have a drop off on the pitch. Even just being in and around the CL places and winning the occasional domestic cup won't be enough for a lot of our new support and then tickets will be much harder to shift. That won't be Soriano's problem though as he'll be off to pastures new.

Not sure how the club are getting to ‘reduce legacy ST holders’ other than those who choose to not renew or die, the same as any other season in history?

Also, not strictly true that no new Gold have been offered for next season. All Silvers were given the option to buy a regular ST.

Not sure how the club are getting to ‘reduce legacy ST holders’ other than those who choose to not renew or die, the same as any other season in history?

Also, not strictly true that no new Gold have been offered for next season. All Silvers were given the option to buy a regular ST.
Regarding your first point. What they aren't doing currently and what I've suggested they won't do going forward is to offer non-renewals for sale. That means that the total number of full SC holders is being and will continue to be reduced year on year.

Re Silver: they were a complete cunts trick by the club when offered as a cheaper alternative to existing Gold members after COVID. There was no way back to Gold so they have finally done the right thing for those that still have them. I reckon most gave up when they tried to go back to Gold the following season so you are looking at very small numbers.

There is no option for that either. It says it goes on the adults points but there isn't anywhere to submit an EOI.
I asked about registering interest and when they would go on sale when they were announced and the response I got back - below - left me none the wiser. Think it's one of those where they're just going to announce sales windows out of the blue.

A limited number of new Flexi-Gold Season Tickets will be released to qualifying Cityzens Matchday and Junior Members.

You can find information about Flexi-Gold Season Tickets here.

More information regarding how to purchase a Flexi-Gold Season Ticket will be published in due course.

Thanks
Manchester City

Regarding your first point. What they aren't doing currently and what I've suggested they won't do going forward is to offer non-renewals for sale. That means that the total number of full SC holders is being and will continue to be reduced year on year.

Re Silver: they were a complete cunts trick by the club when offered as a cheaper alternative to existing Gold members after COVID. There was no way back to Gold so they have finally done the right thing for those that still have them. I reckon most gave up when they tried to go back to Gold the following season so you are looking at very small numbers.
Yep. The season ticket relocation map shows decent availability across the ground. City aren't selling them. The people who would most buy season tickets are regulars, and regulars are by definition loyal/local, and as such, the present/future legacy fanbase. At the moment the club has the excuse that the ground expansion creates uncertainty about where people are sitting. But if this situation continues beyond the new stand opening, along with the inexorable price rises and the strange resale activity around big games, then I think it will be even harder to argue that the legacy fanbase isn't being reduced.

Yep. The season ticket relocation map shows decent availability across the ground. City aren't selling them. The people who would most buy season tickets are regulars, and regulars are by definition loyal/local, and as such, the present/future legacy fanbase. At the moment the club has the excuse that the ground expansion creates uncertainty about where people are sitting. But if this situation continues beyond the new stand opening, along with the inexorable price rises and the strange resale activity around big games, then I think it will be even harder to argue that the legacy fanbase isn't being reduced.
The relocation map will always show lots of availability, because all the matchday seats are available to relocate to. That's been an issue that's led to many match day tickets only being available as singles. Always said some blocks of matchday seats should have been ringfenced and not available for relocations.

I asked about registering interest and when they would go on sale when they were announced and the response I got back - below - left me none the wiser. Think it's one of those where they're just going to announce sales windows out of the blue.

A limited number of new Flexi-Gold Season Tickets will be released to qualifying Cityzens Matchday and Junior Members.

You can find information about Flexi-Gold Season Tickets here.

More information regarding how to purchase a Flexi-Gold Season Ticket will be published in due course.

Thanks
Manchester City
I thought you would need to EOI to then be offered one.

Hopefully it will become clear before it is too late.

Where's this relocation map mate?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.