Season Tickets - 2024/25

I too have a flexi gold and am fairly happy with it. Naturally, the only downfall is the £150 membership fee. I personally don't see the booking of tickets as an inconvenience. The system works pretty seamlessly. Three weeks before a game the seat appears as a reservation in my account. Confirming my seat and paying for it takes less than 60 seconds, so no issues.

Prices paid so far (I am an FOC in ESL3):

Ipswich £16
Brentford £16
Arsenal £34
Fulham £16
Southampton £11

This represents a significant saving on what I was paying for equivalent games last season. The £150 fee is, of course, disappointing but I console myself that works out as a £7.90 surcharge per game for the privilege of having a seat at every game. Still a saving on matchday prices.

Would I prefer a normal season card? Yes, absolutely - because of the fee. But Flexi Gold is the next best thing as I am no longer stressed taking part in the mad scramble for expensive matchday tickets. I am making a saving overall and I get the same benefits as other season ticket holders.

I would hope, in time, flexi golds would be converted to full season tickets, but I suspect in the future this will not be the case. Flexi gold appears to be the direction of travel the club is taking. It will be interesting to see what the club do in the new North Stand.

I too have a flexi gold and am fairly happy with it. Naturally, the only downfall is the £150 membership fee. I personally don't see the booking of tickets as an inconvenience. The system works pretty seamlessly. Three weeks before a game the seat appears as a reservation in my account. Confirming my seat and paying for it takes less than 60 seconds, so no issues.

Ipswich £16
Brentford £16
Arsenal £34
Fulham £16
Southampton £11

This represents a significant saving on what I was paying for equivalent games last season. The £150 fee is, of course, disappointing but I console myself that works out as a £7.90 surcharge per game for the privilege of having a seat at every game. Still a saving on matchday prices.

Would I prefer a normal season card? Yes, absolutely - because of the fee. But Flexi Gold is the next best thing as I am no longer stressed taking part in the mad scramble for expensive matchday tickets. I am making a saving overall and I get the same benefits as other season ticket holders.

I would hope, in time, flexi golds would be converted to full season tickets, but I suspect in the future this will not be the case. Flexi gold appears to be the direction of travel the club is taking. It will be interesting to see what the club do in the new North Stand.
As an adult in the same part of the ground:-

Ipswich - £27
Brentford - £27
Arsenal - £59
Fulham - £27
Southampton - £21

Good to see the concessions are still fairly reasonable compared to matchday ticket prices which increasingly aren’t.

Listened to Ian Cheeseman’s podcast yesterday and there were some good points on Flexi-Gold raised.

Ipswich £16
Brentford £16
Arsenal £34
Fulham £16
Southampton £11

I know people will say it’s all about the money but officially the idea of them is to accommodate people who want to go to the majority but not all home league games.

So to back that up it would be a nice touch if they offered those who go to all 19 games this season the chance to renew it as a regular ST next season.

We’ll see.

I know people will say it’s all about the money but officially the idea of them is to accommodate people who want to go to the majority but not all home league games.

So to back that up it would be a nice touch if they offered those who go to all 19 games this season the chance to renew it as a regular ST next season.

We’ll see.

The argument is probably that if you want that, you take flexi-gold as a choice not the only option. Think normal ST requirement is 14 games so probably fairer to do it based on that.

So a from a limited sample on here and the people I have spoken to in my Branch who’ve got flexi golds, they are pretty popular bar the needless high up front payment.

I don’t understand why fans reaction to flexi-gold isn’t being reported with more balance. Certainly have more season cards when the stadium expands too.

I’ve seen several references to City’s lack of democracy with regard to City Matters but I also saw our fans were being resented by MCFC Foodbank the other week. I’m sure they do good work but I can’t recall ever voting for them.

Good stuff as ever. Could you also bring up FOC (OAP) discounts as well? Can we have these ring fenced until I hit 65?

Noticed that the gap for cup prices has become closer. We do not want to go down the Levy route. Just tell them that we were there when we were shit!
The Club have previously confirmed to me that they have no intention of getting rid of OAP pricing - we raised that after the developments at Spurs.

Now, the very small price reductions for concessions seen through cup pricing this season are another concern.

So a from a limited sample on here and the people I have spoken to in my Branch who’ve got flexi golds, they are pretty popular bar the needless high up front payment.

I don’t understand why fans reaction to flexi-gold isn’t being reported with more balance. Certainly have more season cards when the stadium expands too.

I’ve seen several references to City’s lack of democracy with regard to City Matters but I also saw our fans were being resented by MCFC Foodbank the other week. I’m sure they do good work but I can’t recall ever voting for them.
Hi Tim and apologies for not coming back to you sooner.

Aware that the conversation has moved on a bit since the earlier posts on this thread. That said, I wanted to clarify that my concern with Flexi Gold is not necessarily the concept itself, but the £150 surcharge and the lack of choice between that product and a standard season ticket.

From the supporters I have seen, most would like a typical season ticket but have settled with a Flexi Gold as the next best thing. In many ways, that defeats the concept, as Flexi Gold was intended for those who wanted flexibility, not to attend practically every match.

Of course, Flexi Gold is better for many supporters than being a matchday member. But that is down to the Club's design (e.g. expensive matchday tickets, the All Games on Sale policy). I want these supporters to have the same value as a typical season ticket, rather than a halfway house that is slightly better than what was (and is for many others) a pretty raw deal.

This is also something that impacts all fans - matchday members, Flexi Gold and season ticket holders alike - given the Club's policy not to offer typical season tickets moving forward. I appreciate that this is slightly separate to the Flexi Gold conversation, but there's a real chance that supporters won't be able to purchase season tickets for their children and grandchildren.

Last edited:
I have asked for season tickets to be added to the City Matters agenda for our meeting this coming Monday (14th October). This will include both season tickets for 2025/2026 and Flexi Gold. I intend to use this as an opportunity to get the fan perspective on record as soon as possible.

It almost goes without saying, but I will be arguing for a price freeze at the bare minimum. On Flexi Gold, it will be the reintroduction of season tickets and the abolition of the Flexi Gold surcharge. That said, welcome any further views.
I have a flexi gold and it’s working well for me. The initial 150 was a bit annoying but I think you can expect to have to pay/commit to something for it.

Had normal season tickets before and would love one back but have no qualms with the flexi option.

Obviously having a guaranteed seat for the bigger PL games and priority when/if we get to the business end of CL is a big win.

I’ve seen Tweets and comments on here. But is there any actual official source that confirms that the club have said they’ll be no new regular Season Tickets for the forceable?

Who did the actually confirm this to?

Him Tim and apologies for not coming back to you sooner.

Aware that the conversation has moved on a bit since the earlier posts on this thread. That said, I wanted to clarify that my concern with Flexi Gold is not necessarily the concept itself, but the £150 surcharge and the lack of choice between that product and a standard season ticket.

From the supporters I have seen, most would like a typical season ticket but have settled with a Flexi Gold as the next best thing. In many ways, that defeats the concept, as Flexi Gold was intended for those who wanted flexibility, not to attend practically every match.

Of course, Flexi Gold is better for many supporters than being a matchday member. But that is down to the Club's design (e.g. expensive matchday tickets, the All Games on Sale policy). I want these supporters to have the same value as a typical season ticket, rather than a halfway house that is slightly better than what was (and is for many others) a pretty raw deal.

This is also something that impacts all fans - matchday members, Flexi Gold and season ticket holders alike - given the Club's policy not to offer typical season tickets moving forward. I appreciate that this is slightly separate to the Flexi Gold conversation, but there's a real chance that supporters won't be able to purchase season tickets for their children and grandchildren.
Thanks Alex for your helpful reply.

I agree with much of what you say. My experience is very different and it’s mainly young families who are delighted to get flexi golds. Unintentionally, they are now being told by pressure groups that they have second rate memberships. I know this isn’t the intended message / target audience for protest.

FWIW, I’m in favour of a mix of season cards, flexi goods and match day tickets. One part of the solution could be to reduce the start up fees for flexi goods to £100 adults / £50 concessions And refund £5 off for every game attended over the minimum of 10. Anyone attending 15 games or more would have the right to a full season card.

It’s a bit worrying today seeing the xenophobia on social media about tourists taking over. Coming out of the MRI in recent weeks I’ve been happy to see Chinese students in City gear. Likewise when I get the train over the Pennines after midweek games, it’s full of young people / students and a range of ethnicities. These Blues are getting tickets because “many “regulars” can’t / won’t go to midweek games, particularly in the early rounds of cups. They aren’t pricing people out.
That said, there are more affluent “tourists” in the padded seats for the bigger games.

This is not to say I’ve not been annoyed by some of City’s decisions including getting it wrong on Inter Milan pricing and also charges for disabled parking. I dislike the lack of Blues in City’s management/ admin.

City should certainly be doing more to encourage local families too. That includes fairer prices but also addressing season card ticket hoarding that has made it more difficult for families to sit / stand together. The new North Stand is a good lever to address this and to try to improve the atmosphere.

Thanks for all your good work on City Matters. Fingers crossed some of the divisions between the Club and supporter reps can be bridged for the long term interest of the fans and City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.