Season Tickets - 2024/25

Income from SC is a very small part of overall income these days. Here is something radical that will garner a lot of good PR, remove the nonsensical platinum tickets and freeze SC prices. Given that the CL format is being changed offer a four match package deal for home games for all SC holders with the maximum bundle being £120.

My prediction:

Across the board increase for all SCs but proportionally more for over 65s. The club is moving towards a lower discount for this category and effectively it has all but gone for cup competitions. My SC has gone down to a 34% discount to full price this season and I expect it to continue to reduce. See the Spurs thread for comments as they are completly stopping it for new 65 year olds.
I'm hoping that there will be a backlash against 'Spurs OAP grab' and that other club's won't dare pull the same stunt.

Fingers crossed anyway as I was kind of looking forward to getting a few bob off when the time comes.

I’m probably just too cynical but the fact arsenal and spurs have both raised season ticket prices and are removing concession tickets strikes me as too much of a coincidence.

I fully expect most clubs to copy this pricing strategy. Wouldn’t be at all surprised if there was an element of collusion across the league to implement such a change tbh

Income from SC is a very small part of overall income these days. Here is something radical that will garner a lot of good PR, remove the nonsensical platinum tickets and freeze SC prices. Given that the CL format is being changed offer a four match package deal for home games for all SC holders with the maximum bundle being £120.

I suspect they realised a long time ago what a ‘mistake’ the platinum tax was. And that’s why it’s never gone up.

But to drop it now would probably cause them more grief off the people who’ve been paying it all these years than letting it carry on at an increasingly reduced percentage of the actual ticket each year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.