Seasoncard - 2021/22 | Print at Home Tickets

Not much time to sell tickets on ticket exchange though mate. What, if anything too they intend to do about that? It’s an existing scheme that has worked perfectly before, is it the move to e-ticketing that has screwed it?
I don't know for sure but it's probably to do with trying to link the Fortress GB e-ticketing system to the existing SeatGeek system.

In the world of IT, we use Risk Logs, where we list the potential risks of a project and assess the likelihood of them coming to pass along with the impact if they do come to pass. We use a Low/Medium/High classification for these.

Something with Low likelihood and Low impact you can effectively ignore whereas something with Medium or High likelihood and High impact has to be monitored and managed very carefully indeed. I suspect we've a few of these potentially High impact risks and that should have been the signal to the club to take a much more cautious approach to this whole thing, like other clubs (Everton & Arsenal for example) have done.

But we've done what we've done, and there will undoubtedly be teething problems. The hope must be that these are mostly resolved within a few weeks.

I don't know for sure but it's probably to do with trying to link the Fortress GB e-ticketing system to the existing SeatGeek system.

In the world of IT, we use Risk Logs, where we list the potential risks of a project and assess the likelihood of them coming to pass along with the impact if they do come to pass. We use a Low/Medium/High classification for these.

Something with Low likelihood and Low impact you can effectively ignore whereas something with Medium or High likelihood and High impact has to be monitored and managed very carefully indeed. I suspect we've a few of these potentially High impact risks and that should have been the signal to the club to take a much more cautious approach to this whole thing, like other clubs (Everton & Arsenal for example) have done.

But we've done what we've done, and there will undoubtedly be teething problems. The hope must be that these are mostly resolved within a few weeks.
Why don't City have the best IT system and ticketing operation that money can buy? Unbelievable mess from an overseas IT outfit, surely much much better local IT outfits .

It’s an absolute shambles and cannot believe we are in this mess with a few days to go.

I have not been able to download my season cards yet (option is there it just stays greyed out). Was promised it would be resolved last Fri by the end of day as there were issues with the “Fortress system not pulling all the data needed”. Was a quick fix apprantly.

Got a call after 5 to tell me it’s still isn’t sorted but don’t panic as will deffo be sorted over the weekend.

Got another call after 5 last night to say still not sorted but “dont worry we will get you in on Sat one way or another”

it’s clear that the club have a problem with the basics of customer service wether it’s their call centres or IT.

I thought when they appointed a COO, Barrada (that’s his name I think) it was in recognition that they needEd someone with experience to actively manage making the ‘trains run on time‘ in all facets of operations, wether its their outsource partners, their IT shop or their customer service function. It seems though that his role is as much to do with new player contracts.
City hide behind the fact that we are fans, not customers, that won’t walk away despite the shit service that is more often than not delivered. Its short term thinking as they will always need season ticket holders to fill the ground and at the moment they are being treated appallingly.

You might mention at your next City Matters, that for a very significant fee, I might consider coming out of retirement just to fix things for them on a pay by results basis. I spent most of my career fixing other people’s fuck ups at corporate level. I would make sure no bugger ran out of chips at half time!

Seriously though, the club aims at world class. It needs to take a long hard critical look at how it is delivering the basic service to its match going fans.
it’s not even 3rd class just now.

Why don't City have the best IT system and ticketing operation that money can buy? Unbelievable mess from an overseas IT outfit, surely much much better local IT outfits .
I'm not involved in City's IT procurement but SeatGeek is one of the world's top ticketing systems. The FortressGB system also appears to be a well established system. Buying a ready-made system is also generally far less risky than developing a bespoke one.

The problem is when you try to link all the different systems you need to provide a full service. So it's not just about selling tickets but linking in things like CRM and financial systems. There's something like a couple of dozen systems that have to pass and receive data to/from SeatGeek.

It’s an absolute shambles and cannot believe we are in this mess with a few days to go.

I have not been able to download my season cards yet (option is there it just stays greyed out). Was promised it would be resolved last Fri by the end of day as there were issues with the “Fortress system not pulling all the data needed”. Was a quick fix apprantly.

Got a call after 5 to tell me it’s still isn’t sorted but don’t panic as will deffo be sorted over the weekend.

Got another call after 5 last night to say still not sorted but “dont worry we will get you in on Sat one way or another”
Im really sorry if you have been told this before but have you tried clicking on the tiny box that is located to the left of your season ticket details. When I did that the greying out goes. Apologies if you have heard this 100 times. Just trying to help a fellow blue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.