Seasoncard - 2021/22

Not if you update your privacy cookies etc
It's nothing to do with your browsing history and everything to do with collecting data on supporter spend and so on. It's turning '30 days of engagement into a 365 day enrichment' & increasing revenue per customer.

When the club get a 360 degree view of me they will feel like throwing up. £270 SC plus domestic Cup games and the odd CL knockout game when I can be bothered. Not a penny on food and drink or merchandise. I've got a sneaky feeling I'm not a target customer :)

It's nothing to do with your browsing history and everything to do with collecting data on supporter spend and so on. It's turning '30 days of engagement into a 365 day enrichment' & increasing revenue per customer.

When the club get a 360 degree view of me they will feel like throwing up. £270 SC plus domestic Cup games and the odd CL knockout game when I can be bothered. Not a penny on food and drink or merchandise. I've got a sneaky feeling I'm not a target customer :)
The question is who are the target audience? Judging by the how many seats are still available for all the forthcoming games less and less people are taking the tickets up. Bearing in mind the majority of us haven’t been inside a ground for 18 months it could be embarrassing.

Think within 5 years nearly all tickets for everything will be mobile electronic tickets. Any other kind will be the exception.
I think that's true but the transition needs to be phased and managed carefully as it has been in other sectors. Online banking is fantastic but the websites are generally excellent and easy to use. City's website has very poor navigation and customer-related content and often has technical problems. Compare Amazon with the experience of purchasing stuff from City.
I sold my house recently during lockdown. It was an incredibly easy exercise compared to the pre-digital era with not a single piece of paper generated and electronic signatures all the way through. It was much easier than buying a ticket off City!

Maybe I misunderstood, but someone earlier seemed to be saying that the proof of vaccination codes issued by NHS Scotland and Wales may not be accepted by venues in England?

I just downloaded my proof of Covid vaccination QR code from NHS Wales and it says it is accepted in England. I guess time will tell, but I am slightly reassured...

The club has been signposting this for years. Day to day life has been signposting this for years. It’s not crept up on anyone.

Every time there’s a change there’s the same handwringing and people announcing it’s the end. It was the same when terraces closed, the same when games were made all ticket, the same when season tickets became plastic cards. There’ll be some short term faffing and by Christmas everyone will be happily getting on with things.

Its not part of some grand Orwellian conspiracy, it’s just a reflection of how the world works.
I've not come across any other business treating its customers so badly and we are supposed to be members.

Terraces closing and going all ticket was the same season, and we had a massively reduced capacity and photo ID was needed to buy tickets, but the phone lines were near completely useless that season so the only way to but a ticket with any confidence was going to the ground.

If it is as big a cock up as that season, no wonder people are complaining eh? I take it you had no idea what went on?

As for plastic cards no one ever complained. Plastic cards were not a barrier to entry, they helped make things quicker.

For those needing a free supporter number for friends and family

Just registered my wife "for free" but her profile doesn't include a supporter number. It's showing as blank. Without that it's not possible to add her to F&F - just tried it and it says she needs a ticket account. I assume that means paying for a Matchday Citizens Membership.
Not worth it for me - she'll only use the SC once or twice a season when our son can't make it.
City seem to be making things as awkward as they possibly can.

I think that's true but the transition needs to be phased and managed carefully as it has been in other sectors. Online banking is fantastic but the websites are generally excellent and easy to use. City's website has very poor navigation and customer-related content and often has technical problems. Compare Amazon with the experience of purchasing stuff from City.
I sold my house recently during lockdown. It was an incredibly easy exercise compared to the pre-digital era with not a single piece of paper generated and electronic signatures all the way through. It was much easier than buying a ticket off City!
What’s ironic about this is that one of City’s major sponsors (sorry partners) is Wix, a company claiming to be a world leader in website development. I hope for their sake, nobody looks at their work on the City site before using their services!

Just registered my wife "for free" but her profile doesn't include a supporter number. It's showing as blank. Without that it's not possible to add her to F&F - just tried it and it says she needs a ticket account. I assume that means paying for a Matchday Citizens Membership.
Not worth it for me - she'll only use the SC once or twice a season when our son can't make it.
City seem to be making things as awkward as they possibly can.
It’s ridiculous isn’t it. My dad works away so my grandad normally comes to all the midweek games with me. We’re in all the schemes so he’ll probably buy a match day membership but the club seem to be doing everything in their power to increase the number of empty seats.

Anyone else dreading the first game now? it was bad enough queue outside the south stand without this mobile ticketing nonsense. Maybe this is all a ploy to make people rock up at the ground 2 hours before kick off!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.