Seasoncard Amnesty

I feel for the peeps at the club who have been lumbered with trying to sort this out - the guidelines are changing all the time and it must be a real headache to not only decide how to do this but how to put systems in place to make it work...

I know some aren't happy with the photo ID thing but as long as the club recognise that some people DO give their SC to others when they can't go and provide an easy way of notifying the club who that person is going to be then it should work fine... Don't forget the club could go totally the other way on this and stop people from lending SC's to others (anyone know which way they will go?)

Can you imagine the track n trace nightmare if it turns out that a few people attending a match tested positive for Covid? Jesus - that is one difficult job to work out who could have come into contact with them - trace those people and then trace all the people those people have come into contact with! The logistics of having to do that when you've passed your SC's on to "Uncle Bob and his mates" must be a nightmare!

I also hope the club give people the chance to say if they want to go to matches next season or keep their SC's but NOT go to matches (for whatever reason) - that would seem the best way of doing it, after that deciding who goes to which matches will be interesting lol
Congratulations on an eminently sensible and well thought out reply, in contrast to some of the nonsense that's been talked and abuse that's been hurled. This is the point of photo ID. If 13,000 people attend a game and a few hundred subsequently contract the virus as a result, it will be important to let all the people who attended the match know that they may well need to self-isolate, as well as any others they've come into contact with. To do that, the club will need the current contact details of all those people who attend. It's that simple hence why they want to try to ensure that the person named on the ticket is the person who attended. It's not the club being bloody minded or an attack on your human rights. If there's a way of doing that that works as well as or better than photo ID then I'm fine with that. I really don't care what they do but it's a condition of re-opening the stadium that they do this.

IT'S FOR YOUR SAFETY AND THAT OF YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY.
I've seen people say "I don't care what happens to me" which is a staggeringly selfish attitude. The less this virus is passed on the quicker it can be contained and even defeated and I can get to see my newly-born grand-daughter whenever I want.

My role is to represent the various relevant views I've seen expressed on here, many of which are really helpful in trying to plan for as many eventualities as possible. I don't do it, as one absolute wankstain claimed, to feather my own nest or work the system for any other benefit. But some seem to be more bothered about points being passed on than anything else, when the impact might well be negligible. So if anyone has anything that they think of that might be relevant and that hasn't already been discussed then you need to let me know in the next hour.

Congratulations on an eminently sensible and well thought out reply, in contrast to some of the nonsense that's been talked and abuse that's been hurled. This is the point of photo ID. If 13,000 people attend a game and a few hundred subsequently contract the virus as a result, it will be important to let all the people who attended the match know that they may well need to self-isolate, as well as any others they've come into contact with. To do that, the club will need the current contact details of all those people who attend. It's that simple hence why they want to try to ensure that the person named on the ticket is the person who attended. It's not the club being bloody minded or an attack on your human rights. If there's a way of doing that that works as well as or better than photo ID then I'm fine with that. I really don't care what they do but it's a condition of re-opening the stadium that they do this.

IT'S FOR YOUR SAFETY AND THAT OF YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY. I've seen people say "I don't care what happens to me" which is a staggeringly selfish attitude. The less this virus is passed on the quicker it can be contained and even defeated and I can get to see my newly-born grand-daughter whenever I want.

My role is to represent the various relevant views I've seen expressed on here, many of which are really helpful in trying to plan for as many eventualities as possible. I don't do it, as one absolute wankstain claimed, to feather my own nest or work the system for any other benefit. But some seem to be more bothered about points being passed on than anything else, when the impact might well be negligible. So if anyone has anything that they think of that might be relevant and that hasn't already been discussed then you need to let me know in the next hour.

Can you please ask the Club that we have a big banner outside of the ground depicting Khaldoon and the lawyers striding along like it was a scene out of “Reservoir Dogs”.

IT'S FOR YOUR SAFETY AND THAT OF YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY. I've seen people say "I don't care what happens to me" which is a staggeringly selfish attitude. The less this virus is passed on the quicker it can be contained and even defeated and I can get to see my newly-born grand-daughter whenever I want.

I can't see any issue with photo ID. If it helps traceability and can help with safety, fair play.
As for points being moved around, that shouldn't be allowed. Names on cards, yes. Points no.

Well said Prestwich_Blue. The club and CM group are trying to do their best for US the fans. We need to be kept safe, we deserve to be kept safe, even if sometimes people feel that they are being over precautious. In my mind there is no such thing as over precautious. Every life is precious and everybody matters. It isn’t just that people are dying it’s what they are left with even if they recover. The after effects from what I hear and read can be pretty bad.
Like you I want to make sure I am around to watch my great-grandchildren grow. (I’m on the third generation!!) So, as long as everything is thought through and every scenario explored for our safety that is fine. Points for loyalty are not a priority, safety is! Photo ID will help.

Thank you once again PB and City Matters people. Keep up the good work. :-)

Can you please ask the Club that we have a big banner outside of the ground depicting Khaldoon and the lawyers striding along like it was a scene out of “Reservoir Dogs”.
We should put pictures of the board and our legal team on the seats. With UEFA's pictures in the away end.

We should put pictures of the board and our legal team on the seats. With UEFA's pictures in the away end.

Mmmmm orrrrr, we could have them on the seats to be occupied. So we can sit on them (UEFA’s) and show our contempt for them the way they showed us contempt!

This is when we need the ironic emoji face!!

Last edited:
I’m still trying to get over someone comparing Prestwich Blue to Donald Trump.

A Rochdale fan I know said their season tickets go on sale Saturday. 1 metre square between fans from different homes. Families can sit together. No singing allowed! And also more expensive. Think I will be happy if they let me stay as a season ticket holder but skip this season!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.