Seasoncard Amnesty

I've had this season ticket for nearly 15 years and it's not in my name I've built up 26k points on it.

I just want to change the name on it to mine, I can't workout if this is what they are calling a 'transfer' and I'll end up with a new card with 1000 points on it and I'll still have the card that's not in my name.

If so, then I might as well get some dodgy I.D to match my season ticket.
Hi mate I’m in a similar position as yourself I’ve just phoned up supporter services they told me that the original card holder has got to ring the club and verbally swap his details for mine luckily I work with this guy so (should) be ok but for many I can see problems , I’ve got to do it this way as he never set up an online account.
Hope this helps a little.

Is that right? You transfer a card to a different person, and they get another 1,000 points to add to the points the original cardholder built up (including the points they got when they first bought a seasoncard)?

i read that the person who’s name is on the ticket before you change it keeps the points and the new person gets 1000 points for the renewal

No it hasn't. Make no mistake this has been planned for a while and is here to stay.

Put yourself in City's position. An amnesty and ID suits the club to maximise sales (by ensuring only those with named tickets go to the game, not letting your mate have it, maximising the Exchange and match day ticket prices). Track and trace has facilitated this yet there are 101 ways of doing that but they've not been implemented, this has. Photo ID has only ever been used to combat trouble and stop touting. This does neither.

As already mentioned, if lots of points are involved it'll mean dodgy IDs to match the ticket rather than an amnesty as intended.

Typical City.

How do you know it's been planned for a while and is here to stay?

I've had this season ticket for nearly 15 years and it's not in my name I've built up 26k points on it.

I just want to change the name on it to mine, I can't workout if this is what they are calling a 'transfer' and I'll end up with a new card with 1000 points on it and I'll still have the card that's not in my name.

Tell the club you don't have ID and don't intend getting one.

As for Covid, the club have zero authority to share your data with the government so as long as the phone number on your account is yours (or someone who will tell you they've called) the objective of track and trace will have been met and you'll be informed. There's no way I'd give up 26k points in a trade for 1k only to find gate staff chatting amongst themselves.

How do you know it's been planned for a while and is here to stay?

PB and CM on the Cheesy podcast said so. Both CM and the club has been pushing it for their varying purposes, for a year or so.

I don't know it's here to stay but as I said in my first post on this on page one, there are lots of ways to track and trace but this is a very convenient one for City, one that other clubs are not doing. So I'm second guessing that this is one of those opportunistic things that is here to stay. I'd be delighted to be proved wrong but this is photo ID by the back door and it stinks.

Works quite well for me as I’m (hopefully, pandemic allowing) fucking off for a year as soon as feasibly possible. So I can change the name on my ticket to our kid’s name and he doesn’t have to go on the waiting list for a season ticket. He won’t get the points, but the non giving out points for away games seems to have reduced the scramble for points game a bit anyway

I struggle to believe City are doing it solely for track and trace purposes, but it is what it is I guess

I’d get a dodgy I.d to match your card it’s the only way to avoid losing all the points you have built up

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.