Seasoncard Dispatched

No card yet but we have had a letter saying we are being moved next season to make way for more corporate seats!

c01f8c7e2386c70e43d5fcf3b8014a16.jpg

Really shit that, unlucky mate.

Can't believe they're making the whole central block and a bit of the adjacent one corporate, again at the expense of longstanding supporters in an effort to make a few more quid.

Really hope they don't go down the same path on the other side in the East Stand. Almost sounds like they're trying to imitate the Wembley layout. All this posturing of caring about improving the atmosphere and yet every year or so the corporate areas are expanded and consume blocks which used to house longstanding blues.

We're on a slippery slope now, can't keep going down this path.

Got mine today and frankly I thought it was very good.

I probably will use the vouchers when normally I do not spend a penny in the ground, the badge is very well made and the stickers can be chucked or stuck on something.

The pencil case/tin is very well made and will probably get some use though I haven't decided what for yet.

Card personalised with the picture I sent them of Pep, so no complaints there.

All in all well done CITY.

Can't believe they're making the whole central block and a bit of the adjacent one corporate, again at the expense of longstanding supporters in an effort to make a few more quid.

Really hope they don't go down the same path on the other side in the East Stand. Almost sounds like they're trying to imitate the Wembley layout. All this posturing of caring about improving the atmosphere and yet every year or so the corporate areas are expanded and consume blocks which used to house longstanding blues.

Cheers mate, yeah it's shite, vast majority of people in these seats have been there since the stadium opened, I know we have. Can't see how all them people will get relocated to decent/equivalent seats? We are a group of 4 and I am sure there will be bigger groups too.
Sadly it all comes down to the corporate pound now! Forget the loyal long serving fans, shift them, get the day trippers and corporate knobs in, charge a fortune and count the money!

I actually agree with you on this! I just dont see the point, we dont even sell out corporate anyway ffs.

Cheers mate, yeah it's shite, vast majority of people in these seats have been there since the stadium opened, I know we have. Can't see how all them people will get relocated to decent/equivalent seats? We are a group of 4 and I am sure there will be bigger groups too.
Sadly it all comes down to the corporate pound now! Forget the loyal long serving fans, shift them, get the day trippers and corporate knobs in, charge a fortune and count the money!

Sounds like you'd be able to claim two years in the corporate lite blocks in level 2 at the same price as you pay now mate, which I'm fairly sure aren't oversubscribed, so your chances of getting seats together might be decent. Then once your "sorry we've expelled you because we want to make a few more quid out of corporate jollies" window has expired, the third tier of the North Stand might be completed so maybe you could get some good seats towards the front there?

It's an enormous pain though, I know I'd be gutted if our block on the opposite side was broken up. Like you said, known people for more than a decade in there, would take a lot away from the match to have that all broken up just so the club could try and monetise even more corporates. There'd be a sense of losing some of that continuity too as well, and maybe risking ending up in inferior seats in an area of the ground where the day trippers are more common - no more handshakes and chats with regulars every week etc.

Just leaves a bad taste in the mouth, really hope the club don't push this too far because the atmosphere is on its arse at it is.

Hope you get sorted alright though mate. Seems the decision is made and that's that.

I think we need to be ready to kick up a stink if it continues at the pace it is though, otherwise we'll only have ourselves to blame if it becomes really bad a few years down the line, and there'll be no way back then.

Sounds like you'd be able to claim two years in the corporate lite blocks in level 2 at the same price as you pay now mate, which I'm fairly sure aren't oversubscribed, so your chances of getting seats together might be decent. Then once your "sorry we've expelled you because we want to make a few more quid out of corporate jollies" window has expired, the third tier of the North Stand might be completed so maybe you could get some good seats towards the front there?

It's an enormous pain though, I know I'd be gutted if our block on the opposite side was broken up. Like you said, known people for more than a decade in there, would take a lot away from the match to have that all broken up just so the club could try and monetise even more corporates. There'd be a sense of losing some of that continuity too as well, and maybe risking ending up in inferior seats in an area of the ground where the day trippers are more common - no more handshakes and chats with regulars every week etc.

Just leaves a bad taste in the mouth, really hope the club don't push this too far because the atmosphere is on its arse at it is.

Hope you get sorted alright though mate. Seems the decision is made and that's that.

I think we need to be ready to kick up a stink if it continues at the pace it is though, otherwise we'll only have ourselves to blame if it becomes really bad a few years down the line, and there'll be no way back then.

Sure you will keep up the good fight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.