Seasoncard Renewals 2017/18

I think you're looking through a very narrow view point, but it is your view and that's that.
For me I'm sick of queuing to get in, standing in the rain, not getting a pint before or during the game, seeing JCL corporates scoring tickets for big away games and not arsed with Sunderland away mid winter as long as they get to Seville to tan their reeking flesh, queuing to collect tickets in foreign cities whilst I could be doing something better, corporates not having to queue at foreign cities, spoken to by some surly **** who wants to remove my wife's Smints because they may be a weapon, kids having their drinks taken off them, herded around like sheep and then being told we don't generate enough atmosphere, the fun police closely guarding every move you make, tickets for away games going on sale too late, City posting out said tickets too close to the games and on and on and on.

Know one wants to hear my gripes, but what was once a pleasure has become a grind, and for no discernible reason. All the above could be sorted at an instant at no cost, just a little thought put in place for the average fan. But clearly they do not give a fuck, so why should I?

Well said sir

I never realised you felt like that Bill. I have been thinking about whether to renew or not for a while and all the arguments for continuing to renew is meeting up with friends, excuse to see family and nostalgic reasons because it's something I have always done rather than actually about enjoying the match day experience.

It's even stranger because I have really enjoyed some of the football this year but yet still feel disconnected from the club.
And that is on top of the obvious corruption from match officials that we have spoken about before Gav ;o)

There must be a reason, as you've said the extra money made is surely nothing to the club in reality. But there must be a reason for it, I refuse to believe that the club would raise the prices for the sake of it or for an extra little bit of money. It would be made easier if the club came out with a reason.

Not that I'm too bothered, I understand why others are though. To me paying some of the cheapest prices to watch one of the best teams in England, maybe Europe is fine by me, even if it has gone up by £15-£20. But like I say, I can understand some peoples frustrations.

I will bet money it is someone who was employed on the back of a PowerPoint presentation showing how they will increase matchday revenue from X to Y over the next 5 years or something similar.

I will bet money it is someone who was employed on the back of a PowerPoint presentation showing how they will increase matchday revenue from X to Y over the next 5 years or something similar.
The only thing I can imagine is if the decision makers want the tickets at a certain price but are staggering the increase? maybe decided to put it up 2% or something every year until they reach the price they want?

There must be a reason, as you've said the extra money made is surely nothing to the club in reality. But there must be a reason for it, I refuse to believe that the club would raise the prices for the sake of it or for an extra little bit of money. It would be made easier if the club came out with a reason.

Not that I'm too bothered, I understand why others are though. To me paying some of the cheapest prices to watch one of the best teams in England, maybe Europe is fine by me, even if it has gone up by £15-£20. But like I say, I can understand some peoples frustrations.

It does seem very odd and I cant see any reason or sense for it, the trouble with this thread for me is there are some posters that are usually positive posters that are pissed off by it when posters like squityflower cleaver, tolmie post negative stuff it should be taken seriously, they dont criticise the club lightly.
but its also full of posters that are always negative about everything the club does and this is just another excuse moan, makes it a bit harder to not just ignore some genuine concerns? But I do think those not renewing probably had other reasons to not to renew anyway , I dont think the rise has actually priced anybody out.

Last edited:
Can't wait till all thease doom mongers and nay Sayers are out of here next year, maybe the atmosphere will improve ,seems like most only want the good old dark days.. watch the door don't hit your arse on the way out.. why you feel the need to come and lament on a fans forum when you are declaring you no longer wish to be fans I don't get.. using a 1.50 a month increase dose not cut it eather.. same people moaning in the stands about this that and the other then moaning about the atmosphere , hay guess what the atmousphere is negative around you coz that's the vibe your giving... roll on next year with hopefully a clean out of the negative

I think you're looking through a very narrow view point, but it is your view and that's that.
For me I'm sick of queuing to get in, standing in the rain, not getting a pint before or during the game, seeing JCL corporates scoring tickets for big away games and not arsed with Sunderland away mid winter as long as they get to Seville to tan their reeking flesh, queuing to collect tickets in foreign cities whilst I could be doing something better, corporates not having to queue at foreign cities, spoken to by some surly **** who wants to remove my wife's Smints because they may be a weapon, kids having their drinks taken off them, herded around like sheep and then being told we don't generate enough atmosphere, the fun police closely guarding every move you make, tickets for away games going on sale too late, City posting out said tickets too close to the games and on and on and on.

Know one wants to hear my gripes, but what was once a pleasure has become a grind, and for no discernible reason. All the above could be sorted at an instant at no cost, just a little thought put in place for the average fan. But clearly they do not give a fuck, so why should I?

You do genuinely sound thoroughly pissed off but many of the points you mention above happen at all grounds. People queue to get in because more people attend than at Maine Road - and of course, however poorly executed, security is paramount so either way there will be queues. There are queues t all grounds but when our attendance peaked at 34k we became used to just turning up to get in at the last minute to watch a team that was shit in a ground that was shit. We are now a bigger club with a better team thus more people etc etc. Queuing at foreign cities - again is this City's fault?

However, your experience is obviously poor so rather than post on this forum, perhaps everyone should email the club direct? i'd be interested to know how many people have contacted the club in writing to make these complaints - let's face it, Blue Moon has no powers to change things. Lets' take the appropriate action and write to the club. I've sent my email - as promised, I'll let you know if I get a response.

Disgraceful isn't it ? I hope there's thousands of empty seats next season as it might just make these tossers listen to what the fans think , sadly we will be spoonfed more whaffle about it being our year next year , spending another £200m on mercenaries to tempt us all to renew again blah blah blah family club this family club that , the only club to put its prices up after a very very average season, youre right mate- hang your head in shame City.
I thought we were already trying that one :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.