Seasoncard Renewals 2017/18

I was pointing out the price of seats round me in 109 and comparing them to other clubs' prices in a similar position. And most clubs either charge a single price for the seats, regardless of the opposition or work on a Category A, B & C system. Doesn't matter if it's the first or last game of the season. So Leicester is a Category B game at the latter. Doing prices on a game by game basis yet again demonstrates the club's revenue optimisation-driven approach, which is designed to screw every last penny out of people buying the tickets.

And next week, for a lunchtime kick-off against a lower mid-table team, after a pretty disappointing season from our point of view, every single seat is £58, including SS3. It's completely inexcusable.
I sort of see that, but its not new and was the case back in 2012 and the QPR game. I agree with you I think they should all be one price for the season, but they never have been, so its not a recent policy to charge more for optimum games, by the new regime, in fact I dont think the top price has risen much at all since 2011/12 . But I still think its unfair to compare different things to say we are dearer than Arsenal. How much are match day tickets at Arsenal for premium games, dont know, but would be surprised if they are less than the £58, (£53 for cityzens) for our premium games .

I was pointing out the price of seats round me in 109 and comparing them to other clubs' prices in a similar position. And most clubs either charge a single price for the seats, regardless of the opposition or work on a Category A, B & C system. Doesn't matter if it's the first or last game of the season. So Leicester is a Category B game at the latter. Doing prices on a game by game basis yet again demonstrates the club's revenue optimisation-driven approach, which is designed to screw every last penny out of people buying the tickets.

And next week, for a lunchtime kick-off against a lower mid-table team, after a pretty disappointing season from our point of view, every single seat is £58, including SS3. It's completely inexcusable.
But it will be full. The Ticket Office probably has a mandate to maximise ticket revenue and the attendance

But the missing factor is the fan's pockets which seems low down on the club's agenda.

Looking forward to Leicester match. They are playing like last season's team, and it will be good to test ourselves against them. I regard them as a top 6 club, although whether they can sustain it I am not sure

Err, no they're not. They range from just £20 with the majority being around £38.

Err, no they're not. They range from just £20 with the majority being around £38.
I'm talking about Leicester not West Brom. Every seat is £58 whether it's Level 1, 2, 3, down the side or behind the goal. Even an U-16 is £35. Mum, dad and youngster - £151.

But it will be full.
They may say it's a sell-out but I can pretty well guarantee the stadium won't be full.

I sort of see that, but its not new and was the case back in 2012 and the QPR game. I agree with you I think they should all be one price for the season, but they never have been, so its not a recent policy to charge more for optimum games, by the new regime, in fact I dont think the top price has risen much at all since 2011/12 . But I still think its unfair to compare different things to say we are dearer than Arsenal. How much are match day tickets at Arsenal for premium games, dont know, but would be surprised if they are less than the £58, (£53 for cityzens) for our premium games .
We had a category A/B/C system when we originally moved to the Etihad.

We had a category A/B/C system when we originally moved to the Etihad.

Yes, they've got rid of that. No matter who we play, or where you are sat, there's not much difference between matchday ticket prices. City have done away with smaller clubs(no offence to them) and cheaper ticket prices.(to try and attract fans that wouldn't normally go to those kind of games) West Brom, midweek, all £35+, bar SS level 3 which is £20. I can currently buy 6 tickets.

£20 is cheap, but how many City fans know about that price? I didn't until I logged on to the ticket page. Nothing on the OS home page. Once again, poor communication from the club about ticket prices and availability via the website.

Seriously, you'd think they would have 50% of the home page advertising those prices. Once again, it boils down to the people running the club. They could fill the seats and kill the Emptyhad jibes(not arsed, just highlighting it) with common-sense marketing and ticket sales. It really is unexplainable and frustrating.

BTCVGxj.jpg

I'm talking about Leicester not West Brom. Every seat is £58 whether it's Level 1, 2, 3, down the side or behind the goal. Even an U-16 is £35. Mum, dad and youngster - £151.

They may say it's a sell-out but I can pretty well guarantee the stadium won't be full.
Ahh, my bad. For some reason 'lunchtime' morphed into 'midweek' in my head.

It will be. There will have been a few season ticket holders who wouldn't have bothered at 12.30 and with it being on TV against Palace. But Leicester is a bigger game. Leicester have some good players and both sides have a point to prove.

Yes, they've got rid of that. No matter who we play, or where you are sat, there's not much difference between matchday ticket prices. City have done away with smaller clubs(no offence to them) and cheaper ticket prices.(to try and attract fans that wouldn't normally go to those kind of games) West Brom, midweek, all £35+, bar SS level 3 which is £20. I can currently buy 6 tickets.

£20 is cheap, but how many City fans know about that price? I didn't until I logged on to the ticket page. Nothing on the OS home page. Once again, poor communication from the club about ticket prices and availability via the website.

Seriously, you'd think they would have 50% of the home page advertising those prices. Once again, it boils down to the people running the club. They could fill the seats and kill the Emptyhad jibes(not arsed, just highlighting it) with common-sense marketing and ticket sales. It really is unexplainable and frustrating.

BTCVGxj.jpg
Is that because you are a s/ c holder though. I'm a matchday buying cityzen , I knew the prices, well almost I though it was £30, less £5 for cityzens so £25.

Is that because you are a s/ c holder though. I'm a matchday buying cityzen , I knew the prices, well almost I though it was £30, less £5 for cityzens so £25.
If you're referring to the £20 for SS 3rd tier then that's on general sale without logging in so isn't discounted in any way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.