Seasoncard Renewals 2017/18

Waspish.

Neither of us have got any proof of how many tickets were sold today.

But seriously, we can't keep on using the no show excuses.

The empty seats have been constant throughout this season. That isn't no shows.

Matchday ticket pricing, not season ticket pricing, is having a negative effect on our attendances.

We've apparently got 1000's of fans on the season ticket waiting list, but they won't pay for expensive matchday tickets, even with Pep in-charge and some of the best footballers in the world.

The bars were rammed today. Just a £5 or £10 reduction in matchday ticket prices could be offset by fans buying drinks and food. Maybe not, but it's better than empty seats all over the stadium.

Sorry, I just don't get it.

plus, it seems the club sells bundles of tickets directly to outside ticket agencies etc. who then flog them at a mark-up, games like this don't get sold even though the tickets aren't available to normal City supporters.

plus, it seems the club sells bundles of tickets directly to outside ticket agencies etc. who then flog them at a mark-up, games like this don't get sold even though the tickets aren't available to normal City supporters.
Sorry mate but you're talking bollocks. Before setting off for the game today I looked on the city site and I could have bought SIX tickets. Any normal supporters could have gone today but couldn't be arsed. That is their prerogative but they need to stop moaning about City selling tickets to tourists, if they won't buy them themselves.

Sorry mate but you're talking bollocks. Before setting off for the game today I looked on the city site and I could have bought SIX tickets. Any normal supporters could have gone today but couldn't be arsed. That is their prerogative but they need to stop moaning about City selling tickets to tourists, if they won't buy them themselves.

for those prices, for a game of that "magnitude". Don't blame them.

We didn't sell 54,147 tickets. We "distributed" 54,147 tickets. There's a difference.
Its interesting that as far as I could see (not easy from 315), we'd pretty well sold out the usual away section in SS3, and yet there were lots of empties in the rest of SS3, which suggests many simply couldn't be bothered turning up, but the majority of those tickets I would suggest are 'sold'.

The club gives tickets to university student unions, work social clubs, community groups, schools & colleges, leaves loads of tickets at CFA for anyone who wants them (which is why NS1 almost always has gaps).

The issue is that there isn't the level of demand that exists at the rags or Liverpool at the moment. It's about 50k tops for us but the club persists in charging premium prices when supply is higher than demand. But they know the demand really isn't there as they offer the £299 Value Gold tickets. The rags & Liverpool don't need to do that because their fan-base is so much bigger. We should have focused on filling the ground but have got themselves in a right mess over pricing. Season ticket prices have gone up far faster than inflation and that means match-day prices have to be higher than they should be. £46 for a ticket in 109 today and £58 next Saturday. You'd have paid £36.50 at Arsenal to watch those two games and £45 at the swamp or Anfield. Quite simply, the club have got it wrong.

"Like this, even though tickets aren't available to normal city supporters." That's what you said. I was just pointing out that tickets were available and these normal supporters didn't want them.

no I didn't, you deliberately removed the "the", as it was specifically referring to the 3rd party tickets. You've taken it out to make it sound like I referred to there being no tickets. So I was correct, and you're just deceitful to the point of no further conversation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.