Seasoncard Renewals 2017/18

The club gives tickets to university student unions, work social clubs, community groups, schools & colleges, leaves loads of tickets at CFA for anyone who wants them (which is why NS1 almost always has gaps).

The issue is that there isn't the level of demand that exists at the rags or Liverpool at the moment. It's about 50k tops for us but the club persists in charging premium prices when supply is higher than demand. But they know the demand really isn't there as they offer the £299 Value Gold tickets. The rags & Liverpool don't need to do that because their fan-base is so much bigger. We should have focused on filling the ground but have got themselves in a right mess over pricing. Season ticket prices have gone up far faster than inflation and that means match-day prices have to be higher than they should be. £46 for a ticket in 109 today and £58 next Saturday. You'd have paid £36.50 at Arsenal to watch those two games and £45 at the swamp or Anfield. Quite simply, the club have got it wrong.

they have, but until the fans accept it's worth joining together and forming a new supporters organisation to work on our behalf and pressure the club into engaging, that very little to nothing will change.

Firstly, I think cheap season tickets lead to no shows and empty seats. I've known someone buy a £299 and only really makes the effort for 6 games, plus the odd one here and there.

So I don't think cheap season tickets will change that much.

However the price freeze would have been a good touch.

I do think the club at some point should have looked to do something on prices at some point to give something to the fans, get some PR and who knows better atmosphere, more success, more money?

I appreciate Hamburg was a cup game, but it worked. The ground was rammed, and many fans still say to this day it was one of the best, if not the best atmosphere at the Etihad. I appreciate the club almost gave tickets away, but sensible pricing would fill the ground with like minded City fans who would create an atmosphere.

If we know that, they do as well. But in that labyrinth of Owners, CEO's, Directors, Managers, etc, they either don't get it, or they just ignore it, and instead do what they are told, regardless of what they see.

Is it always about projections, targets, etc, rather than filling the Etihad and creating what we, Pep, and hopefully the club really want, instead of revenue, revenue and revenue......

Is it always about projections, targets, etc, rather than filling the Etihad and creating what we, Pep, and hopefully the club really want, instead of revenue, revenue and revenue......
Sadly yes it is, we became a business, and revenue is what businesses focus on, and thus we became customers, not supporters, sadly following what happened in trafford a number of years ago.

For a supporter, its up to them whether they can ignore being a customer, and remain as just a supporter. I know I can.

You're right but we have people running our club that just see pound signs rather than decibels. We complained at Points of Blue about splitting the most vocal fans in 110/111 and the South Stand but were told it was crucial that they had a "sterile zone" outside the stadium for away fans. Well now we've got a "sterile zone" inside the stadium for home fans. They were told about the negative effect of sticking corporate areas in the middle of the South Stand and did it anyway.

They're a bunch of utter wankers who don't think like we do and for who their revenue optimisation model is the driving force.

the club never split those blocks, south stand and 110/111 they was always in 2 separate parts of the ground, it's not like we took a loud section of the ground and dropped away fans in there..
The blocks represented a mirrored move when we left Maine Rd but with the now south stand representing the old north stand
Those who was next to the away fans in the north stand at MR was put next them in the south stand here, same with the Kippax.
Where ever you put the away fans you will always get a block eather side of them a bit more lively then other parts of the ground as the confrontation element is there, more so in a bowl shaped ground.

We didn't sell 54,147 tickets. We "distributed" 54,147 tickets. There's a difference.

Yep as does most clubs personally dont get the obsession with everything to do with attendances empty seats and early leavers.

Bet many city fans never thought this would be a talking point and obsession by opposition fans and some home fans when fans were going to matches in the 70's 80's and 90's funny how people get brainwashed by the drip drip of the media.

1 interesting point that my Mrs brought up this evening when we were talking about today's atmosphere and the atmosphere in general. It hasn't been mentioned yet. I think?

With all the corporate areas being developed around the stadium, and all the fans scrambling around to find cheaper seats, the relationship and bond, including singing amongst fans, has been destroyed. It takes season's to build up such things, with fans next to you, in the same rows, and in the same blocks.

When we first moved to the Etihad the atmosphere was dead. It took a few years, but it eventually improved. Then the NS was turned into a family stand and everyone in the NS was split up. Then level 2 in the East stand was turned into corporate and fans were priced out. Then the club introduced tiered blocks. Fans were moving about again to save money. Then the SS was expanded and £299 season tickets were brought in. Fans moved again. Now the club has reintroduced value gold again and a 2.5% season ticket price rise, and fans are once again looking to move around the Etihad to try and save money.

What we need is stability. We need fans to finally stay where they are. Fans need to once again build up a friendship and a relationship with the fans around them. This wil once again give fans the confidence to sing and to support the team with fellow fans they've become to know, rather than feeling unsure about fans the don't know, and have yet to build a friendship and relationship with.

What do you think?

Great point that, spot on.
Didnt city a while back employee a fan on the board ? I seem to remember something about this but can't remember the full details.

They need someone with a bit of common sense and someone more touch in an influential senior position

The club gives tickets to university student unions, work social clubs, community groups, schools & colleges, leaves loads of tickets at CFA for anyone who wants them (which is why NS1 almost always has gaps).

The issue is that there isn't the level of demand that exists at the rags or Liverpool at the moment. It's about 50k tops for us but the club persists in charging premium prices when supply is higher than demand. But they know the demand really isn't there as they offer the £299 Value Gold tickets. The rags & Liverpool don't need to do that because their fan-base is so much bigger. We should have focused on filling the ground but have got themselves in a right mess over pricing. Season ticket prices have gone up far faster than inflation and that means match-day prices have to be higher than they should be. £46 for a ticket in 109 today and £58 next Saturday. You'd have paid £36.50 at Arsenal to watch those two games and £45 at the swamp or Anfield. Quite simply, the club have got it wrong.

Not agreeing with the policy but Leicester was last game "premium" where we were supposed to be picking up the title :)

The re-arranged WBA game after Leicester it is £20 in 314/315 and mid £30s other areas.

Not agreeing with the policy but Leicester was last game "premium" where we were supposed to be picking up the title :)

The re-arranged WBA game after Leicester it is £20 in 314/315 and mid £30s other areas.
I pointed that out to pb last week and that there were £30 tickets in ss3 for Palace yeasterday, he just seems to be ignoring that fact, and Leicester is our most expensive game so should be compared to Arsenals premium games, not their cheapest games. Our most expensive games are first game, last game, Liverpool, united, arsenal chelsea and spurs, think the rest are cheaper, from about £30. Thats not to say I agree with any rise for next season, just seems a bit pointless.

I pointed that out to pb last week and that there were £30 tickets in ss3 for Palace yeasterday, he just seems to be ignoring that fact, and Leicester is our most expensive game so should be compared to Arsenals premium games, not their cheapest games. Our most expensive games are first game, last game, Liverpool, united, arsenal chelsea and spurs, think the rest are cheaper, from about £30. Thats not to say I agree with any rise for next season, just seems a bit pointless.
I was pointing out the price of seats round me in 109 and comparing them to other clubs' prices in a similar position. And most clubs either charge a single price for the seats, regardless of the opposition or work on a Category A, B & C system. Doesn't matter if it's the first or last game of the season. So Leicester is a Category B game at the latter. Doing prices on a game by game basis yet again demonstrates the club's revenue optimisation-driven approach, which is designed to screw every last penny out of people buying the tickets.

And next week, for a lunchtime kick-off against a lower mid-table team, after a pretty disappointing season from our point of view, every single seat is £58, including SS3. It's completely inexcusable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.