Seasoncard Renewals 2017/18

There has to be a cut off point when it just gets too expensive.
Personally it's getting close to it for me.
It's not been able to afford it cos luckily I can but it's the principle especially after clubs getting so much tv money I find it an insult they have put prices up again.

What will I cost in another ten year???

Good post. there has to be a cut off point for pretty much every ST holder, whatever that is. With these rises the club have been clever as a lot of fans will stretch their cut off as its "only £10/£15". Hope I'm wrong but it seems very cynical, as the rises to me are bizarre.

I think only an organised and publicised boycott of anything other than a ticket - food/drink (go to Asda) and stuff from the shop - would make the club take notice. As mentioned in many posts above there will always be someone to take your ticket, but if they noticed revenues go down then they might do something about it. I certainly won't be paying for anything else.

You're falling in to the trap of the brainwashed rag and talking about empty seats. You should concentrate on the full ones. Last season and this season are the highest average attendance we have ever achieved in 120 years of history. We should be proud of and celebrate our attendances, not falling for the bullshit "Fake News" pushed on Facebook by a load of idiotic and insecure rags.

54,000 plus is more than Liverpool and their "wonderful supporters" have achieved in their glorious history, so City fans really need to get over this inferiority complex about empty seats and puff out your chest a bit and stick up for the club.

The atmosphere is shit, but show me a ground that's got a better atmosphere today than it had 20 years ago. The only one I can think of is Selhurst Park and they have organised flags, drums and megaphones and all sorts of shite. It's not for me.

If it's a tight game against a close rival the atmosphere will take care of itself - the Chelsea game, Arsenal game and the derby being good examples. But a 12.30 kick off against West Brom will be a shite atmosphere, I guarantee it. But it would have been shite 20 years ago at Maine Road. After the Kippax went all seating, the atmosphere at Maine Road was often shite too.

Superb post and one i totally agree with.

Interested to know. Please tag me so I don't miss it!
he always used to reply to me but after the second time of turning superbia down some time ago now I have not had any kind of acknowledgement off him I guess my e mails are even blocked

Another gem I found today which is both a kick in the balls and a slap on the back, work out for yourselves the overall slant of the article......I love journalists in this country!
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/fleetwood-town-better-attendance-record-7518530

I read it as a positive, highlighting how we fill our ground more than pool and spurs and 'dispelling the myth' but the comments by blues see it another way. Not for the first time I am swimming against the tide

Am I right in thinking they are letting us relocate seats online this year?
It appears that they are according to the blurb on the website ...

Seat relocations
If you wish to relocate, you should initially renew your existing seat as normal.

You will then be given the opportunity to relocate from your existing seat from 9am on Monday 5 June until 5pm on Tuesday 6 June online at mancity.com/tickets, or by calling Supporter Services on +44 (0)161 444 1894 (Option 1, 3).

?????

Implying it's not the 'real' reason?

Interested to know what you think their real reasons are?
For me it's a combination of things - a bit of disillusionment with the modern game and sick of bent decisions. Hit me last season, really. I fancy some time out to get the desire back. A pointless cost increase is just tipping the balance as it feels like the club don't care about the fans, much. It doesn't seem like a good way to improve the atmosphere.

All that said, when I told the kids, my youngest still wanted to go so I'll renew and possibly relocate. Have cancelled one card and added a cheaper age band to the waiting list (around 13400 now if anyone is interested) and we'll see if they get invited to apply. Could be a £200 saving in the end.

I appreciate we can all band numbers about.

Johnny Ball, think of a number.

And I appreciate seats+views will always be priced differently.

But let's say the Etihad was expanded to 62,000 via the North stand, and all 59,000 seats minus the away allocation were made season tickets priced at £299, which is our current cheapest adult seat The revenue from that would be £18.5mill a season. Now I appreciate you have to factor in kids, OAP's, and corps, so it's not that straight forward. I have know doubt we would sell out every game. The tills would be ringing at the bars inside and outside the ground, in the souvenir shop, the car parks would be full, and Pep would get his wish of a full and noisy Stadium. I'd even go as far as saying a 62,000 capacity stadium at that seaon ticket price wouldn't be enough. Make the NS a single tier and take the Etihad to 65,000-70,000.

Here's the catch. The bods are City who are running the pantomime don't see it like that. Somewhere amongst all those spreadsheets, graphs, pie charts, presentations, etc, is something that's holding them back, or even stopping them. The current sums just don't add up if City are asking the fans to pay a 2.5% increase, or £500,000-£1,000,000 in reals cash terms.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.