Seasoncard Renewals | Slight Price Increase

It may suit some, not many. Again it’s all about choice, the tickets are there so the choice should be on the purchaser. There’s little logic to offering this and a shame when the demand is there not to offer the full ticket. You’d think we’d take advantage of many wanting season tickets, silver won’t be an option next season. Something I’m very confident on
Plenty of logic in the clubs eyes sell the tickets against the ‘big 6’ to day trippers for ridiculous prices who will also spend fortunes in the club shop. I wouldn’t be so confident on them not being an option next season either, the way the clubs going they might make everyone go silver, wonder if all those in favour of it would be happy about that? This nonsense about having to graft for a season card is laughable, no one suggesting that had to graft for it, me included when I had one, if the seats are available there should be a choice between gold and silver end of.

The other issue is there will be a few who went silver to save money for one season, but keep their ST. Now it isn't clear if they can go back.

There is very little information, and if I opted for silver I would have assumed I could return to the previous metallic element the next season, rather than being offered bronze, iron or zinc the next season.

If I was in the club marketing department I'd be suggesting Silver should be rebranded as Fool's Gold..

The issue of deferred SC holders has been resolved. All those who wanted to take up their SCs again have done so and those that didn't have let them lapse.

The club have taken the decision that no lapsed SCs will be offered as Platinum or Gold but instead they are offering the new Silver option only. To compound that they won't even say if there is a route to a full SC if you do buy one. It looks like at best a sledgehammer to crack a nut if it really is about seats left empty or (more likely in my view) it is seen as a way to increase revenue and maybe full SCs will never be on offer to new members again.
Yes most of the deferred season card holders are returning and the ground was full for several games last season anyway. That information may have informed City’s decision about how many season cards to offer because several Blues have posted (in the past) that we lag behind the Dippers, Rags and Gooners on match day revenue.

PB has said that the Silver Card is an experiment so we didn’t even know whether it will last more than one season. The message from Danny Wilson and Roel de Vries has been that more choices in terms of packages of tickets would be offered and this is probably the first example of this policy / experiment.

I’m pretty sure full season cards will be offered again (to first timers etc). We will have to see if that happens before the North Stand is expanded.

Kind of being forced as there’s no choice. If you want a season ticket you have to take this weird option. With no guarantee next year you can renew for a proper season ticket.

Unsure if you’re being purposely argumentative or just a little thick. I don’t want it falling into my lap, but again, if these tickets are there and available, if you’re able to buy your seat for these games, then it should be an option to purchase a full season ticket. Clue is in its name. It’s not a season ticket if you’re not guaranteed a quarter of the games is it? You've ignored the question of what season ticket you have but we both know why. Unsure why you’re so defensive of what is a brain dead option. If it was a case there’s no tickets left, so be it. These seats are available though. Have the nonsensical silver option if they feel it fits a purpose, but have the gold option also.
There are always seats available once the season tickets are sold. We don't sell every seat to allow for those who can't make every game for whatever reason.
Without going back through too many pages, I imagine you had the chance to buy a season ticket by joining the waiting list the same as every other non season ticket holder.

Plenty of logic in the clubs eyes sell the tickets against the ‘big 6’ to day trippers for ridiculous prices who will also spend fortunes in the club shop. I wouldn’t be so confident on them not being an option next season either, the way the clubs going they might make everyone go silver, wonder if all those in favour of it would be happy about that? This nonsense about having to graft for a season card is laughable, no one suggesting that had to graft for it, me included when I had one, if the seats are available there should be a choice between gold and silver end of.
There are roughly 50,000 tickets available for each home game.
You think the club should sell 50,000 season tickets then because they 'are available.'

There are always seats available once the season tickets are sold. We don't sell every seat to allow for those who can't make every game for whatever reason.
Without going back through to many pages, I imagine you had the chance to buy a season ticket by joining the waiting the same as every other non season ticket holder.
Not this season.

Probably best not to make assumptions.

There are roughly 50,000 tickets available for each home game.
You think the club should sell 50,000 season tickets then because they 'are available.'
No but if a seat is available for silver then it’s available for gold. No one would have had a problem if they’d just sold out of seasoncards but that’s not the case here. Of course there’s got to be plenty of matchday tickets for those who don’t want a season ticket.

Not this season.

Probably best not to make assumptions.
Were there no season tickets made available for new season ticket holders this season?

If that's the case, then I apologise and my comment was incorrect.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.