Seasoncard Value Tickets on Sale Tomorrow

Agree Shady, you end up paying more for a seat you don't want in the long run.

my opinion is the club have released these cards as a "stop-gap" measure for some fans to help with their finances and a short term 1 season offer. The season after, the offer is withdrawn and you are left to pick up the pieces.

fair play to the club for trying to help out fans, but i can see a lot of pissed off people in season 2011/2012, when they realise how much their renewal will be that year

shadygiz said:
yeah same here mate...thats why i dont want to take a risk.....my usual ST in111 is now £405 which i was initially struggling to find this month and i was contemplating giving up my seat in 111 to get a value ST @ £250.

but, if i get a value card in say level 3 as an example and the card only runs for one year, the club could rightly then ask me for the price of a level 3 seat.

2010/2011 ST price (111) - £405
Value ST price - £250
2010/2011 season saving - £155

2011/2012 ST price (level 3) - £500+
2010/2011 value ST price - £250 (now no longer available to me)
2010/2011 season increase - £250+

so in essence, what i save next year will be more than lost the year after.

not really your getting 2 seasons for 750 rather than paying 810 so your saving 60 pounds 30 a season

dw7 said:
shadygiz said:
yeah same here mate...thats why i dont want to take a risk.....my usual ST in111 is now £405 which i was initially struggling to find this month and i was contemplating giving up my seat in 111 to get a value ST @ £250.

but, if i get a value card in say level 3 as an example and the card only runs for one year, the club could rightly then ask me for the price of a level 3 seat.

2010/2011 ST price (111) - £405
Value ST price - £250
2010/2011 season saving - £155

2011/2012 ST price (level 3) - £500+
2010/2011 value ST price - £250 (now no longer available to me)
2010/2011 season increase - £250+

so in essence, what i save next year will be more than lost the year after.

not really your getting 2 seasons for 750 rather than paying 810 so your saving 60 pounds 30 a season

yeah....i can see where you are coming from with that, but surely a double increase in ST cost in one season is a massive lump to find.....when you consider you dropped to the value card because finances are low, then you find you have to stump up pontentially a minimum of double your current ST cost. Bearing in mind, the £500+ cost for level 3 ST is next years and not 2011/2012 seasons cost. Level 3 could have risen to around £600 that season

shadygiz said:
dw7 said:

yeah....i can see where you are coming from with that, but surely a double increase in ST cost in one season is a massive lump to find.....when you consider you dropped to the value card as finances are harsh, then you find you have to stump up pontentially a minimum of double your current ST cost. Bearing in mind, the £500+ cost for level 3 ST is next years and not 2011/2012 seasons cost. Level 3 could have risen to around £600 that season

true but then you have to consider block 111 will go up that season aswell its a good deal but to risk losing a very good seat where you are and could be put in the gods in the long run to save 60 pound its a risk that wouldnt be worth taking imo

still cannot see how they are fair to be honest, there are no seats in the south stand, the north stand is the family stand, so in effect the 250 quid tickets will be sat next to people who will pay nearly double that.

also this offer isnt extended to families (the most needy of all) because obviously they cannot guarentee seats together, not unless families are up for abandoning their kids elsewhere in the ground.

cannot say i will be impressed to lash out over a grand for tickets for my family and find a well off single bloke sat next to me who's paid half the cost of one of my tickets.

a very strange offer to my mind, make most pay more, and then boast about cheap tickets, a poor gimmick.

fathellensbellend said:
also this offer isnt extended to families (the most needy of all) because obviously they cannot guarentee seats together, not unless families are up for abandoning their kids elsewhere in the ground.

cannot say i will be impressed to lash out over a grand for tickets for my family and find a well off single bloke sat next to me who's paid half the cost of one of my tickets.

a very strange offer to my mind, make most pay more, and then boast about cheap tickets, a poor gimmick.

Families can sit in the family stand and get kids tickets for £95. You can get 2 kids and plenty change for the price of a value season card

The Fat el Hombre said:
fathellensbellend said:

Families can sit in the family stand and get kids tickets for £95. You can get 2 kids and plenty change for the price of a value season card

true, but then there are groups of people who want to sit together, but their party doesnt meet the family stand criteria.

my example is, if i could have 2 250 quid tickets and a junior sat together it would cost me 640 pounds, but presently it will cost 1090 pounds.

my arguement is simple, most people are paying more, and many are paying about 60%, wheres the logic, to my mind it's unfair and unavailable to everyone.

fathellensbellend said:
The Fat el Hombre said:

true, but then there are groups of people who want to sit together, but their party doesnt meet the family stand criteria.

my example is, if i could have 2 250 quid tickets and a junior sat together it would cost me 640 pounds, but presently it will cost 1090 pounds.

That's assuming that the £250 value tickets would be put in similar seats and price bands to where you're sat currently, which they probably won't. The reason why the value tickets are so cheap is that people don't know where they're going to be sitting or who they'll be sat with, that's the gamble they take and accept whatever is given to them because they've paid a cheaper price. If you've got a kid and want cheaper seats then go and sit in the family stand, otherwise accept that you'll have to pay more for choosing where you want to sit

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.