Season's Over For Me

Seasons not over as the rags to my knowledge have to go away to chelsea n arsenal play chelsea at home liverpool home or away not sure which 1 and play us..

clutching at straws yes but all loseable games for united.

though id like to see us line up more aggresively

...........................................Given................................................

Richards ..................Boateng..............Kompany.....................Kolarov

........................................De Jong...............................................

AJ*/SWP............................................................................Silva

............................................Yaya...............................................

................................Dzeko**...............Tevez..................................

* When AJ is fit
** bring in ballo when fit

fbloke said:
Tez Tosterone said:
fbloke, that starting eleven is just not good enough.

Take a long hard look at it. If you can't see that it lacks pace then you must want us to fail.

It cannot play with intensity as is evidenced by teams like Tottenham, Manchester United and Arsenal.

Balotelli is mentioned. When expect to see him back? March? April?

It was intended as an illustration of the talent we have available.

It would be hard to use that 11 in most games but look at who isnt even in the 11 and you will see we dont lack much.

Although I agree we could do with more pace in midfield if nothing than breaking down opposition and taking advantage of opportunities to break away.

As i have said earlier, football isn't played on paper.

No width and no pace, we are one dimensional and way too easy to play against.

blumoonrises said:
Ridiculous to throw in the towel... thankfully the team won't.
We win our next 2 league games and its all back on..

Looks like the team has been throwing the towel in the last 3 Games to be honest.

My only beef is that when you lead in a game twice you would expect a top 4 team to go on and close the game out. I know others have slipped up but in reality if Chelsea / Ars / Rags had the lead twice they would probably win the game.

Normally a draw away at Birmingham isn't horrendous - its the other 4 results that made it seem that way.

Here is an illustration of how a theoretically defensive selection could be a very attacking set-up

------------------Hart-------------------

---------Toure---------------Kompany-----

-----------------Richards-----------------

Kolarov-----------------------------Boateng

-----------------De Jong------------------

----------Toure---------- -Silva-----------

----------Tevez-----------Dzeko----------

ManCityFC said:
BL2blue said:
How long have you been a City fan? At a guess I would say approx 3 years.

Your histrionics derived from a draw away to Birmingham which means we are still 3rd in the league suggest you would have had committed suicide as a result of a lot of our games before 2008.

Kiss me ass mate, 35 years, and its precisely that 35 years that makes me feel so fucking miserable. Today's result alone wasn't particularly a bad one, agreed, but that isn't what I said was it? Because I am a City fan and always have been is exactly why I find it hard to not see the last 6 games as the start of an increasingly wobbly wheel. I don't want to be right, I want to be very wrong, but I just have a feeling that I cant shake and experience tells me that when we start to go through patches like this, we start to break records for the wrong reasons. You know that as well as I do, you're just much better at ignoring it, which is fair enough.

Are you saying you've been supporting for 35 years?
Are you slyly getting the '35 years' dig in?

We've not won anything in 35 years - yet you have supported City for 35 years. Any regrets for being that glory hunting, band waggoner all that time ago?

The season most definitely ISN'T over, we're still in a strong position when it comes to Champion's League qualification, we're still in the FA Cup with an eminently winnable 4th and 5th round draw, and we're still in the Europa League, and deemed one of the favourites.

What is, in my opinion, over is any prospect we had of a title challenge. Personally I never really thought a shot at the title was on for this season, but the poor form of those around us left the door slightly ajar, that has now gone. 8 points adrift of United, with them having a game in hand, is too much for us to make up, especially when you consider they haven't actually lost a match yet. If offered it I'd take 4th place right now, although I still believe 3rd place is acheivable (and thus avoiding the qualifying round for the Champion's League and a potentially tricky tie against a Spanish, German or Italian team next season).

we HAVE TO aim for the league title still. cause if we just miss out on the league then we have come top4 easy.

soon as you start aiming for 4th you will wobble and become defensive and if you miss out on that then your fucked and your 5th before you even know it.

we have to keep aiming high after all the money we have put into this team we cant just say to them who cost millions and millions are on big money a week "lets just aim for 4th lads" thats negative

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.