Seat Counters - 2022/23

I completely agree with you on this, however plenty won't see it that way. Most football fans are Hardwired to expect trouble from Liverpool fans, that's the unfortunate truth.

So yes there wasn't much trouble last year, but the prospect of it certainly will have put lots off of going

Weird how some City fans think like that v Liverpool since really the coach attack.
I know they have a few dicks , but mainly into cowardly things like throwing things.
We played them a few years ago in the carabeo cup, and it was fine City sold out and there was no talk of trouble that day.
The Fa cup semi and Community sheild saw a few fistcuffs here and there but not the widespread violence some blues predicted.
Personally ive seen more trouble , v the rags Villa , chelsea and Arsenal , and sadly v Wigan among our own fans.
Hope Sheffild utd goes off peacefully as weve had a few runs ins at Bramhall lane, but i thought the same against Stoke City , and their fans were brilliant that day.

Weird how some City fans think like that v Liverpool since really the coach attack.
I know they have a few dicks , but mainly into cowardly things like throwing things.
We played them a few years ago in the carabeo cup, and it was fine City sold out and there was no talk of trouble that day.
The Fa cup semi and Community sheild saw a few fistcuffs here and there but not the widespread violence some blues predicted.
Personally ive seen more trouble , v the rags Villa , chelsea and Arsenal , and sadly v Wigan among our own fans.
Hope Sheffild utd goes off peacefully as weve had a few runs ins at Bramhall lane, but i thought the same against Stoke City , and their fans were brilliant that day.
I’ve never heard a single City fan say they wouldn’t attend a fixture because of potential trouble. There’s minimal trouble at any game these days and it’s easy to avoid if you want to.

I’ve never heard a single City fan say they wouldn’t attend a fixture because of potential trouble. There’s minimal trouble at any game these days and it’s easy to avoid if you want to.
If you have young kids you'd be less likely to take them if there was a higher chance of trouble. If you're taking an elderly parent, you might think twice if there was a higher chance of trouble.

I agree there's much less trouble at games nowadays, however that doesn't change people's perspective of the scousers especially with the recent trouble at games.

I don't think the 15 year old girl was out looking for trouble. People hear stories like that and sadly it makes them not want to go.

I was thinking exactly the same ? There was hardly any trouble at the community shield after all the talk about how it was going to be a free for all. Sadly, most of the trouble at the Wembley games has been with our own fans having a pop at each other after to much alcohol and other substances.

If you have young kids you'd be less likely to take them if there was a higher chance of trouble. If you're taking an elderly parent, you might think twice if there was a higher chance of trouble.

I agree there's much less trouble at games nowadays, however that doesn't change people's perspective of the scousers especially with the recent trouble at games.

I don't think the 15 year old girl was out looking for trouble. People hear stories like that and sadly it makes them not want to go.
I’ve taken my kids to a cup final, a semi final and a charity shield against Liverpool. Violence never entered my head beforehand and we never saw any. It’s only when I get on this forum that Liverpool seem ti be transformed to some kind of modern day Millwall.

I’ve taken my kids to a cup final, a semi final and a charity shield against Liverpool. Violence never entered my head beforehand and we never saw any. It’s only when I get on this forum that Liverpool seem ti be transformed to some kind of modern day Millwall.
The difference is you go every week Dave. I go every week and feel the exact same way.

However I'm arguing that a small subset of fans may be put off by what they've seen in the media about Liverpool fans.

If you'd never been to a game before and were considering taking your kids and saw news reports of shit being chucked and a girl being injured, it isn't completely ludicrous to think that that would put you off going

City corporate took 23 million last year - beat Bayern and get Real in the semi and it will do 30 million this season. A worldwide club now.

The difference is you go every week Dave. I go every week and feel the exact same way.

However I'm arguing that a small subset of fans may be put off by what they've seen in the media about Liverpool fans.

If you'd never been to a game before and were considering taking your kids and saw news reports of shit being chucked and a girl being injured, it isn't completely ludicrous to think that that would put you off going
Fair enough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.