Seat Counters - 2022/23

Just to be clear, I only paid for 2, they obviously paid for the others themselves. But I was just making the point that whilst taking 30,000 to Wembley is a great effort, there are still 5,000 seats to sell. Why not get people going who would like to. A few people who I’ve got tickets for are taking young kids… future city fans
Agreed. I have done the same with for a young lad and his dad. They are the future.

I don’t think they sold their allocation last season at Wembley, they definitely didn’t when they played Southampton about five or six years ago.

It would be interesting to see how many the London clubs would bring if they had to travel the opposite direction year in year out.

Saying that they’re not the first clubs to have failed to sell out semi finals - I’m sure very little was made of this though at the time.

They brought fuck all to Villa Park in 2012 for the charity shield and fuck all to Porto. About 4k each time.

Agreed. I have done the same with for a young lad and his dad. They are the future.
Likewise I got 2 extra for a young one who is desperate to see the blues, buying another ticket today, these will fly off the shelves today when they open it up, confident we will sell all the allocation bar the 120 quid tickets

Wembley capacity is 90,000. Club Wembley 15000, however, 5000 given to clubs. Summary 2 x 34000 given to clubs = 68000, plus 10000 club Wembley = 78000. Remaining 12000 not yet offered to clubs! These are the blanked out areas.

Don’t forget this impressive attendance in 1999…

View attachment 74153
We played Luton at home that night, more blues fans attended that than Rags fans turned up at Villa Park.
Strange really as every so called Rag I knew back then claimed they "couldn't get a ticket" but couldn't give me an answer when asked why they didn't go to this "massive" game with thousands of unsold tickets available.

1995 replay v Palace is another classic.

My personal favourite is a massive 22k playing at home for European final.

Can anyone confirm this. Had a Brighton fan telling me that they would have preferred us, not because they had a better chance of beating us than the rags, but because they would have received more tickets as they did the other year in the semi us. He claimed that the ones we returned that year were given to them! From memory we didn’t quite sell out that year but pretty sure our unsold allocation wasn’t then given to Brighton.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.