Seat Counters - 2022/23

To be honest I know plenty of people who won't attend matches against Liverpool, especially those with children. I went to the League Cup final against Liverpool in 2016 with a vulnerable relative and it was a truly appalling experience. Their fans, many too drunk to stand up, were pure poison all day. It wasn't much better for the Community Shield. I have stopped going to Anfield myself for the same reasons.
Posted this before but hear goes, 1956 FA cup 5th round my dad would not take me v Liverpool " sorry son not them" next round Everton he took me to that one ,just under 77000.

I don’t know about anyone else but I’ve used these 4 tickets per member to the max. I have 6 family and friends who have memberships and after me and my son got one, I’ve got 10 more tickets for friends, 8 support city loosely, 2 don’t follow anyone but like watching football and have never been to Wembley!

I don’t know about anyone else but I’ve used these 4 tickets per member to the max. I have 6 family and friends who have memberships and after me and my son got one, I’ve got 10 more tickets for friends, 8 support city loosely, 2 don’t follow anyone but like watching football and have never been to Wembley!
It's good that you can. Enjoy the day.

We’re unique as a club when it comes to Wembley visits. Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham only have to travel across London so allocations should be an easy sell (although Chelsea have failed to sell out theirs more than once). Liverpool and United will always sell out due to their numbers of plastic fans in the South and further afield. Your Leeds, Villa, Newcastle, Everton and other big to mid tier clubs all still have that novelty factor and haven’t seen their clubs win anything for years, so like us in the same position could probably shift 40 to 50,000 easily.

So in reality it’s an outstanding level of support if we take 30,000 down there for a match against a Championship side. If we’re honest, it’s our least important remaining match of the season and of course it’s a ground we’ve been to many times, so taking these numbers is a tremendous effort, regardless of anything the dickheads on social media may say.

We’re unique as a club when it comes to Wembley visits. Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham only have to travel across London so allocations should be an easy sell (although Chelsea have failed to sell out theirs more than once). Liverpool and United will always sell out due to their numbers of plastic fans in the South and further afield. Your Leeds, Villa, Newcastle, Everton and other big to mid tier clubs all still have that novelty factor and haven’t seen their clubs win anything for years, so like us in the same position could probably shift 40 to 50,000 easily.

So in reality it’s an outstanding level of support if we take 30,000 down there for a match against a Championship side. If we’re honest, it’s our least important remaining match of the season and of course it’s a ground we’ve been to many times, so taking these numbers is a tremendous effort, regardless of anything the dickheads on social media may say.
I recall when we played chelsea in the charity shield at villa park, we sold out easily, chelsea had 3k unsold

They will be more released I think. I hope so.
Just to be clear, I only paid for 2, they obviously paid for the others themselves. But I was just making the point that whilst taking 30,000 to Wembley is a great effort, there are still 5,000 seats to sell. Why not get people going who would like to. A few people who I’ve got tickets for are taking young kids… future city fans

I don’t think they sold their allocation last season at Wembley, they definitely didn’t when they played Southampton about five or six years ago.

It would be interesting to see how many the London clubs would bring if they had to travel the opposite direction year in year out.

Saying that they’re not the first clubs to have failed to sell out semi finals - I’m sure very little was made of this though at the time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.