Seat Counters - 2023/24

Missing the point. DD
I know the point is that people want cheaper tickets. I do understand that. But I do think some of that desire ultimately comes from fans who are petrified of us showing empty seats on TV.

£30-40 for an adult and £20-30 for a child is not a bad price for an FA Cup Quarter final.

You are both missing the point. I can't afford to go even though I could walk there. I have a season ticket at the back of SS3 its cheap and on DD so I can afford premier league games on that basis. I want to go on Saturday but anything over £30 means I can't. There's 2 of us in this house in the same position. People think of ticket prices singular. Its often Dad n lad etc . The club have consistently put prices up. It's turning local legacy fans away. I will watch on TV but I'm very disappointed to be doing so. It will be cheaper for the semi at Wembley. Greedy bastards. Fk the light shows off and all the cringy stuff like presenters nobody listens to . Huddersfield sold out yet this might do. Is anyone from City reading these pages?
I don't think either of us are missing the point - ideally the tickets would be cheaper than they are (the price of the kids tickets in particular is excessive IMO) but an earlier relaxation of the selling criteria and properly advertising that fact would've still led to it selling out a lot quicker than it has, despite fans being sadly priced out

I know the point is that people want cheaper tickets. I do understand that. But I do think some of that desire ultimately comes from fans who are petrified of us showing empty seats on TV.

£30-40 for an adult and £20-30 for a child is not a bad price for an FA Cup Quarter final.

Especially when we sold 9k in 24hours for a Friday night game in London. At the time some were saying we could have sold double that.

It's greed pure and simple. Some non City fan has the job of squeezing every penny out of us. They will move on to another job eventually and leave behind a disengaged fan base. What happened to the #together campaign or This is our City? We now have even more cringe in and around the stadium at what financial cost? Because you can be sure it's being loaded onto your ticket price. This extension will be a disaster if they don't stop and think more about people than the balance sheet. We are raking it in with media money and sponsorship deals. Yet ticket prices are still rising yearly. Germany has a better model. Pep wants a stadium full of noise/fans. He says it often. It won't happen with these deaf and blind executives who are working for the club. We need to let them know. Acquiesce will encourage more rises and bad decisions like Madrid at home last year.

It's greed pure and simple. Some non City fan has the job of squeezing every penny out of us. They will move on to another job eventually and leave behind a disengaged fan base. What happened to the #together campaign or This is our City? We now have even more cringe in and around the stadium at what financial cost? Because you can be sure it's being loaded onto your ticket price. This extension will be a disaster if they don't stop and think more about people than the balance sheet. We are raking it in with media money and sponsorship deals. Yet ticket prices are still rising yearly. Germany has a better model. Pep wants a stadium full of noise/fans. He says it often. It won't happen with these deaf and blind executives who are working for the club. We need to let them know. Acquiesce will encourage more rises and bad decisions like Madrid at home last year.
I sympathisise with all whjere money is tight mate, I really do, and I strongly believe that there should be a way to accomodate working class fans as part of the stadium expansion. But it's too simplisitc and emotive to call our pricing "greed". The Sheikh didn't buy City because he was at York away or because he hates Man United. It's a business to him. Not only does he (through his pyramid from Khaldoon down) have to ultimately generate a profit for himself, he also has to satisfy the ever changing FPP style rules too. I know our match day revenues lag behind our competitors and part of being the well-run business that we are is that we have to raise that revenue.

This is all part of the package I'm afaid.

costing me near 200 quid for travel and tickets, for a game live on tv, this game won't sell out, loads left and nothing selling, unless of course the club do the great giveaway to people who don't even support City

Over 3000 empty seats at Sincil Bank last night.

I paid £25 for my ticket for a Tuesday night mid-table League Division 1 fixture. The walk back to my house (up Steep Hill for those who know Lincoln) took me 25 minutes.

Over 3000 empty seats at Sincil Bank last night.

I paid £25 for my ticket for a Tuesday night mid-table League Division 1 fixture. The walk back to my house (up Steep Hill for those who know Lincoln) took me 25 minutes.
League 1/2 prices are generally to rip off away fans with the vast majority of home fans paying around half the cost with season tickets.

Bradford has the most extreme difference due to the stadium size.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.