Seat Counters - 2023/24

I agree on the off putting ticket prices JRB. The tickets also seem to have got more difficult to transfer for recent home games, that’s making it harder to pick up / pass on below face value tickets.

Yes saying tickets are too expensive for some of our fans wouldn’t do any harm.

It would have been good to have got a home Cup Draw so they more affordable tickets could be available.
How have they got more difficult to transfer? Transferee just needs to have an active membership number. It's free and no reason for any fan not to have one. I had to transfer my lads as he can't do school night games, mates taking his lad instead. So he got a membership, I added to friends and family and passed over the ticket. E-mail to my mate from the club and added to his wallet. It took about 10 minutes. Selling via a Facebook site is a bit different as often a stranger, but as they could tout it on I wouldn't use those sites anyway.

I accept all of that. There will be a large increase in match day revenue. But I don’t believe that will effect or lower match day ticket prices. It will just add more match day revenue on top of high ticket prices, which could be even higher in 2 years time when the NS opens. It’s possible that we could see a £100 match day ticket in the future.
I hope they see sense. It would be so easy to ringfence some of the broadcast money to subsidise tickets for all fans. Fans in the stadium are essential for the TV experience. Perhaps it will happen if an independent regulator comes in. No chance with the current PL leadership. It would be a vote-winner to help matchgoing fans. The current FFP rules force clubs to maximise gate receipts. Are the Football Supporters Association doing enough? Could money used to reduce ticket prices be exempt from FFP rules like infrastructure plans are? Why not ask sponsors to subsidise match tickets? A very good branding opportunity. Clubs are not being creative enough.

City don’t want you to do that mate. ;-)

They want City fans to use the OS ticket page. And most City fans who don’t know about BM or don’t read BM will, even though they are paying twice as much for a ticket.
100%. I set up a WhatsApp group with those around me so we can sell between ourselves at face value. Ticket Exchange is a last resort.

Of course the demand is there for the big games, it always will be, as I've admitted. But for the less popular bread and butter games, especially midweek games, the demand clearly isn't there. Demand is there because of Pep and his brilliant trophy winning teams. Let's see if that demand is still there when that sadly tails off. I don't think it will be. Regardless of demand for tickets which has remained steady this season as a whole, ticket prices are still too high. Of course City won't see it like that. They will see tickets still selling out at high prices, so what they are doing is justified in their eyes, ie, driving match day revenue successfully.

It is. That’s why we’re expanding the stadium. That’s why we sell out a charity shield a month before it happens. Why we sell out vs Huddersfield Town. Why we sell out CL group games against less known opposition. Why we’re selling more memberships than ever before.

The empty seats you see would be there if the stadium held 40000 or 100,000. We’d have never have expanded the south stand based on your own logic since the empties were there pre-2015.

You also were claiming Huddersfield didn’t sell out because you saw a few empties in the 93:20 section. I just don’t think you understand why they might be there so default to ‘it’s not sold out’.

Of course tickets are too expensive but for the club they won’t be bothered (sadly) since they’re selling 99% of the tickets they put out and now with additional memberships.

There's a bit of a whiff around that. Up until 2 or 3 days ago hardly any had shifted out of that section and there were still around 1300 seats showing. Then about 400 disappeared off the planner over the weekend. Now another 800 or so have disappeared. Not a chance they're all down to people logging on and buying because the movement of tickets elsewhere is nowhere near as pronounced. I'm not saying those seats in question won't be filled on Wednesday but it looks like the club have offloaded them somewhere.
They give them to schools and community groups at very cheap group rates which is fair enough. I am not defending the high prices but I am glad if they to go to kids etc. They are fans for the future.

I agree on the off putting ticket prices JRB. The tickets also seem to have got more difficult to transfer for recent home games, that’s making it harder to pick up / pass on below face value tickets.

Yes saying tickets are too expensive for some of our fans wouldn’t do any harm.

It would have been good to have got a home Cup Draw so they more affordable tickets could be available.

How have they got more difficult to transfer? Transferee just needs to have an active membership number. It's free and no reason for any fan not to have one. I had to transfer my lads as he can't do school night games, mates taking his lad instead. So he got a membership, I added to friends and family and passed over the ticket. E-mail to my mate from the club and added to his wallet. It took about 10 minutes. Selling via a Facebook site is a bit different as often a stranger, but as they could tout it on I wouldn't use those sites anyway.
The transferee doesn’t even need a membership number. My son is away on Wednesday so I got him to transfer his ticket to me as a mobile ticket then emailed it to my nephew who hasn’t got a membership. The fact I already have a ticket doesn’t prevent that being done.

Match tickets bought from City for a particular game seem to have got more difficult to transfer (as opposed to season cards). I know the Club doesn’t really want individual match tickets to be transferred so it’s more hassle when you ring up the Club. That said, I find the staff helpful but they seem to have to get supervisor approval now. I gave up trying to transfer a ticket a few home games back.

The transferee doesn’t even need a membership number. My son is away on Wednesday so I got him to transfer his ticket to me as a mobile ticket then emailed it to my nephew who hasn’t got a membership. The fact I already have a ticket doesn’t prevent that being done.
So is he a season card holder?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.