Seat Counters - 2023/24

Also genuine question, what does the club actually gain from giving our away allocation to these other groups.

No Sponser is going to decide to stop sponsoring because they don't get away tickets

No hospitality member will cancel their seasonal hospitality because they don't get away tickets.

And even if we do upset these groups, who cares!

We're a big club now, we don't need to bend over to keep these groups happy anymore. If they're unhappy they can leave and someone else will happily take their place
So very well said, just wish the person who has the authority to change this could read it.

I think a lot of these ticket sites claim to have tickets and then if anyone bites they try and source them. Does anyone know for sure whether we hand away tickets to ticket agencies. I know ticket agencies offer packages for home games but not sure about away ones.
I don’t know for sure, but I reckon City (and all football clubs) do.

It’s been going on in the music industry for concerts for years.

I can’t see any way that football clubs aren’t doing this. They’re a right set of greedy bastards.

I don’t know for sure, but I reckon City (and all football clubs) do.

It’s been going on in the music industry for concerts for years.

I can’t see any way that football clubs aren’t doing this. They’re a right set of greedy bastards.
Must be as that livefootballtickets say this:

Connecting Seats: Seats are connected in pairs; this could be next to each other, diagonally connected, with stairs or others seat in between

Only way they're doing that is via a connection.

Maybe the club should buy one or two of these on the quiet, trace them back to whoever originally bought them and, if there isn't a satisfactory reason for them being resold at more than face value, restrict any further purchases from that person for a set number of games.

the tickets went on sale on Wednesday at 10am, yet within 2 days his supposed friend had purchased 2 tickets for a ton each and wants rid of them already, it's completely abusing the system and touting in plain sight, and denying genuine blues the chance of a ticket, shouldn't be allowed, just to add apparently he does it for every away game and they are coming out of the 18/25 allocation.

Last edited:
Maybe the club should buy one or two of these on the quiet, trace them back to whoever originally bought them and, if there isn't a satisfactory reason for them being resold at more than face value, restrict any further purchases from that person for a set number of games.

It’s been suggested many times over the years. If the club have ever done it, you’d imagine it would be in their interest to publicise it to act as a deterrent.

You can only assume it is a can of worms that the club are happy to keep firmly shut.

Would it not be more beneficial to make this a proper ballot as it was originally intended.
Unless I am mistaken, the 18-25 allocation was never intended to be a ballot. From what I can see in the original article that announced the allocation, the club stated stated that the how and when would be communicated on a game-by-game basis. The interesting point, for me at least, is that they state that any tickets still available after the first day of sale would be added back to the ticket point pot.

These changes were before my time on City Matters and those who have spoken to me will know that I advocate a return to away ticket points. I have produced a paper on this very subject if people are interested.

That doesn't mean that I don't sympathise with the current scenario with the 18-25 allocation. It does seem too much of a free-for-all and I think steps like not allowing anyone who qualifies via the day one criteria to purchase in the allocation is a step in the right direction. I have requested the breakdown of who is accessing the 18-25 allocation from the club.

Wait till the derby tickets go on sale and screenshot the available tickets. Last year I think the number that went on sale was less than 35%, same for a number of other away games. The club are conning everyone when they say 60% go to points. They have already reduced that to 55% with the 18-25 allocation rather than reduce all pots by roughly 0.75%. Points holders are getting royally shafted on every away game. Wolves at 3.00pm on a Saturday, an hour’s journey away will probably sellout at 20k. Rags with a similar allocation will sell out at around 24k is my guess because the club reduce the points pot and dole out extra tickets to club employees, sponsors, corporate etc. I know you have done a great job on the CL report but what has the club done about it and what has been communicated to the fans, nothing. The same will happen about ticket allocations unless those that potentially could affect change keep speaking. Unfortunately the likes of Kevin Parker won’t as he is very happy with how he is treated so it’s up to City Matters to wave the flag
I would appreciate if people could take screenshots if they are online at the point sales begin. I will of course try too. I need to build an evidence base as far as is possible.

Wait till the derby tickets go on sale and screenshot the available tickets. Last year I think the number that went on sale was less than 35%, same for a number of other away games. The club are conning everyone when they say 60% go to points. They have already reduced that to 55% with the 18-25 allocation rather than reduce all pots by roughly 0.75%. Points holders are getting royally shafted on every away game. Wolves at 3.00pm on a Saturday, an hour’s journey away will probably sellout at 20k. Rags with a similar allocation will sell out at around 24k is my guess because the club reduce the points pot and dole out extra tickets to club employees, sponsors, corporate etc. I know you have done a great job on the CL report but what has the club done about it and what has been communicated to the fans, nothing. The same will happen about ticket allocations unless those that potentially could affect change keep speaking. Unfortunately the likes of Kevin Parker won’t as he is very happy with how he is treated so it’s up to City Matters to wave the flag
Good job the the Supporters Club quota was increased for Newcastle Away in the Cup or our following would be a laughing stock.

I was surprised to hear a conversation amongst 18-25 year olds before the Burnley game. One guy had sorted too many tickets so he let the Club have a spare back. Another guy was offering spares to mates if they were able to get over to Burnley before kick off time.

I’m in favour of more younger fans at away games and welcomed the City Matters 18-25 initiative. There does however seem to be some strange things with the 18-25 allocation. Hopefully, it can be sorted and the initiative work as intended.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.