Seat Counters - 2024/25

I don't believe their support is growing

Obviously the poor kids with utd parents will push them that way but generally the new generation are choosing other teams to follow, and a lot are turning to city
I my area of Lancashire 20 years ago there used to be only two fans' teams watching TV games in the pub, United and Liverpool. Perhaps a few Preston North End or Blackpool fans and a smattering of City fans. But the United fans have simply vanished. The thought of City and Liverpool being the rivals for trophies was just too much for them. Nowadays the pubs are dominated by City and Liverpool. Virtually all those under 30 seem to be City fans. It has been a total sea change. Another ten years of this and the landscape will have changed for ever.

I my area of Lancashire 20 years ago there used to be only two fans' teams watching TV games in the pub, United and Liverpool. Perhaps a few Preston North End or Blackpool fans and a smattering of City fans. But the United fans have simply vanished. The thought of City and Liverpool being the rivals for trophies was just too much for them. Nowadays the pubs are dominated by City and Liverpool. Virtually all those under 30 seem to be City fans. It has been a total sea change. Another ten years of this and the landscape will have changed for ever.
I live in the Chorley area and whilst there are more City shirts visible these days (for obvious reasons), the pubs are still full of United and Liverpool fans. I never watch City in the pubs for this reason. It’s a nightmare and you get it from both sides! I’m usually at the game but if not, I watch at home.

Surely the OSC allocation will stay the same, its just that the individual branch allocations will go down as they need be split between more branches.
Our supporters club, membership 220 at present for the forthcoming season applies for tickets for every away game.
We’re lucky if we get 3 or 4 tickets, often 2.

I live in the Chorley area and whilst there are more City shirts visible these days (for obvious reasons), the pubs are still full of United and Liverpool fans. I never watch City in the pubs for this reason. It’s a nightmare and you get it from both sides! I’m usually at the game but if not, I watch at home.
I go to most City games home and away so, like you, rarely watch in the pub. But the number of rags watching any games in the pub has fallen dramatically. It was very noticeable during the Euros. I am currently in the Fylde area and there seem to huge numbers of City fans on the trains I get to the game. Nowhere near as many as when United are at home though. That didn't use to be the case. There are still lots of gobby LFC fans though everywhere!

Shouldn’t the Rags support be declining, since they’ve basically won fuck all in the last 10 years? Annoyingly their support is staying solid and still slowly growing. Of course our support has exploded in that time across the world. But the Rags won’t admit that.
It takes decades for support to grow or fall significantly in the UK. I'm a junior football coach and I can tell you for definite that their support outside Manchester has declined hugely amongst kids. Ours is growing massively and so is Liverpool, especially amongst the kids or grandkids of immigrants.

In fairness the rags sold out weeks ago and would easily have sold more...there's didn't go on general sale!
Don’t get this ‘general sale’ thing. I can’t even remember the last time a game went to general sale. Season ticket holders or members only.

I’ve got a mate who sells vintage and retro football shirts and stuff. Man U merchandise just doesn’t sell. This is in Yorkshire. I previously mentioned thet the only mini rucksack I found for sale across 5 charity shops was a rags bag.

Don’t get this ‘general sale’ thing. I can’t even remember the last time a game went to general sale. Season ticket holders or members only.
I've answered this in thread...by general sale I made a mistake, meant to say we were all able to buy extra tiks..which is close to a general sale!

It takes decades for support to grow or fall significantly in the UK. I'm a junior football coach and I can tell you for definite that their support outside Manchester has declined hugely amongst kids. Ours is growing massively and so is Liverpool, especially amongst the kids or grandkids of immigrants.

I’ve noticed over the years that British Asians seem far more likely to ‘support’ Liverpool than any other club, no matter where about in the country they’re from.

Not really sure why that would be? They were as horribly a racist fan base as any back when the current kids fathers and grandfathers were young.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.