Seat Counters - 2024/25

It takes decades for support to grow or fall significantly in the UK. I'm a junior football coach and I can tell you for definite that their support outside Manchester has declined hugely amongst kids. Ours is growing massively and so is Liverpool, especially amongst the kids or grandkids of immigrants.
This is my experience. The only show in town has been Liverpool and City for younger fans. The Klopp v Guardiola rivalry has been great commercially for both of us. It remains to be seen if this continues now Klopp has gone. The intensity is not the same for City v Arsenal.
I would never count my chickens with United because they are still a huge global brand and will probably revive at some point. What has also happened in this area is that clubs like Preston and Bolton are getting big attendances. A lot of kids who previously followed United have gone back to their local clubs. So United are being squeezed by LFC, City, and other local clubs.

I’ve noticed over the years that British Asians seem far more likely to ‘support’ Liverpool than any other club, no matter where about in the country they’re from.

Not really sure why that would be? They were as horribly a racist fan base as any back when the current kids fathers and grandfathers were young.
This is true. When they won the covid league, there were 3 double deckers going around Glodwick(Oldham) bedecked with flags and blasting music in celebration. Why? I have no idea

I’ve noticed over the years that British Asians seem far more likely to ‘support’ Liverpool than any other club, no matter where about in the country they’re from.

Not really sure why that would be? They were as horribly a racist fan base as any back when the current kids fathers and grandfathers were young.
I once read an article on this. Basically their dads had no connection to a football club so chose the best. Glory hunting in its purest form.

This is my experience. The only show in town has been Liverpool and City for younger fans. The Klopp v Guardiola rivalry has been great commercially for both of us. It remains to be seen if this continues now Klopp has gone. The intensity is not the same for City v Arsenal.
I would never count my chickens with United because they are still a huge global brand and will probably revive at some point. What has also happened in this area is that clubs like Preston and Bolton are getting big attendances. A lot of kids who previously followed United have gone back to their local clubs. So United are being squeezed by LFC, City, and other local clubs.
United fan at work (fair minded) lives in Salford says in his kids football team 8 of them are city fans wearing City kit!

This is true. When they won the covid league, there were 3 double deckers going around Glodwick(Oldham) bedecked with flags and blasting music in celebration. Why? I have no idea
Never understood that Ste. Id say 99% of Pakistani and Bangadeshi lads Ive seen wearing a football top were rag ones

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.