Seat Counters - 2024/25

I don't do any night games

Current last direct train from Piccadilly is at 21 06 haha
or
22 06 haha to Wilmslow then a bus at 22 45 that gets to Sandbach at 23 48

And no, I don't have a car
That's a shocking time for the last service. There's no chance of jumping on a quick train to crewe and then just the 1 stop to Sandbach?

Think that means everything that was left has been given to schools.

Do the club actually give tickets away to schools now?

I know people whose kids go to City matches (In Dorset) in large groups but this is through packages, including a stadium tour/training session with the cost upwards of 150 quid.

So I do wonder when we see groups of kids in the stand whether this is giving tickets to local schools or another money making method.

I know people whose kids go to City matches (In Dorset) in large groups but this is through packages, including a stadium tour/training session with the cost upwards of 150 quid.

So I do wonder when we see groups of kids in the stand whether this is giving tickets to local schools or another money making method.
I strongly suspect this whole "giving tickets away" is a myth started by Man United fans and taken up by our fans.

Well I sit in cb3 there is always masses of kids with 1 or 2 adults maybe schools maybe football clubs little twats always giving it the United or Liverpool shouts or cheering for the other team when they score till they get shouted at.

Some of the biggest and best moments in the club's recent history have been in the Champions League along with some of the most exciting, tensest and highest quality matches. I ahev no idea how you can say you "didn't like it".
Some of these who say they don’t watch the CL games must have been gutted when we won it

I strongly suspect this whole "giving tickets away" is a myth started by Man United fans and taken up by our fans.
City definitely do give tickets out to schools, my lads school has had a few. United do the exact same, in fact you'd probably find that most clubs do something similar.

Unfortunately city have shifted most of their focus away from underprivileged local kids, instead focusing on kids from different parts of the country with the aim of increasing our fanbase further a field.

I think it’s a bit of both. City do help some of the poorest schools in East Manchester from time to time

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.