Seat Counters - 2024/25

City definitely do give tickets out to schools, my lads school has had a few. United do the exact same, in fact you'd probably find that most clubs do something similar.

Unfortunately city have shifted most of their focus away from underprivileged local kids, instead focusing on kids from different parts of the country with the aim of increasing our fanbase further a field.
I have a teacher relative from a local primary school. This primary school has some of the poorest kids in Manchester. He says City are fantastic with tickets, sports equipment, coaching sessions, player visits etc.

I strongly suspect this whole "giving tickets away" is a myth started by Man United fans and taken up by our fans.
In the early days of the CL they did. My daughter was still in primary school then and she got given two tickets by the school she was in. This is years back, mind.

Not sure if they do now, or if they even need to.

I strongly suspect this whole "giving tickets away" is a myth started by Man United fans and taken up by our fans.
I’m not sure about now, but the club used to do it quite a bit with local schools. To be honest they should be doing it more, there are kids in beswick for example who don’t go to any games. Give them more access, as that’s the next generation of city fans.

I’m not sure about now, but the club used to do it quite a bit with local schools. To be honest they should be doing it more, there are kids in beswick for example who don’t go to any games. Give them more access, as that’s the next generation of city fans.
They used to do discounted CL prices for students at Mcr, ManMet and Salford unis n’all.

A lad I work with now is a Leeds fan from Ponty but went to uni in Manchester and him and his pals used to take the club up on them. Said they used to get stuck up near the back of the third tiers along the sides.

Don’t think that goes on anymore.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.