Seat Counters - 2024/25

They used to do discounted CL prices for students at Mcr, ManMet and Salford unis n’all.

A lad I work with now is a Leeds fan from Ponty but went to uni in Manchester and him and his pals used to take the club up on them. Said they used to get stuck up near the back of the third tiers along the sides.

Don’t think that goes on anymore.
I used to get those discounted tickets when I was at Manchester met. Used to get them from the student union.

I think schemes like that are great and we need more of them in Manchester. Could have done with something similar tonight - I might have gone to the game then!

It might be a good thing. The ridiculous pricing needs to be highlighted.
I'm normally always wanting us to sell out, as I'll admit I do get rattled by the empty seats nonsense.

But I'm personally glad that we haven't sold out for this one, the club need to know that they can't just take this piss

I'm normally always wanting us to sell out, as I'll admit I do get rattled by the empty seats nonsense.

But I'm personally glad that we haven't sold out for this one, the club need to know that they can't just take this piss
To be honest mate I couldn’t care less what other fans say. Empty seats for me reflect that our fan base isn’t made of money. It’s just a shame that the management at city don’t recognise that.

I used to get those discounted tickets when I was at Manchester met. Used to get them from the student union.

I think schemes like that are great and we need more of them in Manchester.
I’d much rather have students from local unis paying for discounted CL tickets where a few years living in the city and a few trips to the Etihad within those years end up with a permanent move to the city and generations of city fans from those people having families; than have idiots from all over the world falling over seats to take pictures and videos of the Real Madrid team warming up, openly supporting the opposition, YouTube/OnlyFans tarts who are openly celebrating City going out of the CL, or even rather than fans of our players who have no real affinity to City and won’t be long term City fans… anyday!

I’d much rather have students from local unis paying for discounted CL tickets where a few years living in the city and a few trips to the Etihad within those years end up with a permanent move to the city and generations of city fans from those people having families; than have idiots from all over the world falling over seats to take pictures and videos of the Real Madrid team warming up, openly supporting the opposition, YouTube/OnlyFans tarts who are openly celebrating City going out of the CL, or even rather than fans of our players who have no real affinity to City and won’t be long term City fans… anyday!
I agree mate. I reckon the crowd tonight will be similar to the one that attended the community shield, when most of our fans boycotted the game. People are welcome to watch us, but that didn’t feel like a city crowd at all. We need the core fan base, otherwise it’s just not the same.

More often than not, empty seat jibes come from armchair fans of other clubs, who really don’t have a leg to stand on.
This is true, but having looked at the pricing for Anfield in particular earlier on in this thread, it’s clear to see why they sell out these games. If City had the same structure, or similar, this thread tonight probably wouldn’t be where it is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.