Sebastián Coates

Adbs said:
redmizzle said:
Adbs said:
Suarez-factor was clearly massive in this. They're mates and from the same club. Reckon he'd have picked Liverpool regardless of City's bid for that reason alone.

Not everyone wants to sign for City above all else believe it or not.

City still don't have anywhere near the global recognition that the other top teams have as well. Which is especially important to players coming from far away areas.

AKA no history, right?

believe it or not 5-10 years ago there weren't loads of kids running around South America with Goater or Dickov on the back of their shirts. There were with Owen/Beckham/Henry
you sure about that?
i would have thought they would have had ronaldhino/ronaldo/crespo

Ive tried to put it as succintly as possible but its impossible to get through to dippers and united fans unfortunately. Amstrad was historically a big company in the past would you rather work there or work for apple.

Hamann Pineapple said:
I think we've missed a good opportunity there
Lets watch the Coates v. Savic battle and see how it pans out.

BTW if we lose that battle, we can always go get Vertonghen or Vermaelen :)

Unfortunatly we cannot cater for every player, I'm sure we would of heard off Bobby if we made a bid, he's hardly shy on letting us know, But with us tieing up Savic i seriously doubt we'd be in for another young CB. Afterall Vinnie is only 25. Plus we have Deydreck, but if it makes Liverpool fans happy to think they beat us to a player so be it.

Dax777 said:
Hamann Pineapple said:
I think we've missed a good opportunity there
Lets watch the Coates v. Savic battle and see how it pans out.

BTW if we lose that battle, we can always go get Vertonghen or Vermaelen :)

Coates is a natural replacement for Carragher, a big, ugly lump. and he seems a natural partner for the left sided Agger. We need an younger, better Agger at some point. I'm looking forward to checking Vertonghen's progress. He could be our Chivu.

TBH despite the great start to the season, I'm a bit worried about Lescott. Forget the ball playing stuff, the more technical midfield pairing, and Clichy's understanding of the passing game have made it a lot less of an issue. It's just that he seems a little bit 'switched off' again, he's not getting tight enough quickly enough. Still, those headed clearances are immense.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.