Sebastián Coates

MANCHESTER CITY'S ROBERTO TO TRY ON COATES FOR SIZE

ABOVE: Roberto Mancini wants to sign Uruguay's Sebastian Coates
21st August 2011 By Paul Hetherington and Steve Millar
ROBERTO MANCINI is urging Manchester City to give him another £6million – to sign Uruguay centre-half Sebastian Coates.

City intended to halt their summer spending spree with the £25m deal for Arsenal’s Samir Nasri – taking their outlay in this transfer window to £76m.

But manager Mancini is hoping the departures of fringe players like Wayne Bridge, Nedum Onuoha and Shaun Wright-Phillips will enable him to also bring in Coates, 20, who plays for Nacional Montevideo.

Coates was voted Young Player of the Tournament last month when he helped Uruguay win the Copa America.

The 6ft 5ins defender has also been eyed by Arsenal, Liverpool, Porto, Sao Paulo in Brazil and all Italy’s top clubs.

If a deal can’t be done by the end of this month, Mancini is certain to resurrect his interest in Coates when the transfer window re-opens in January.

Meanwhile Bolton boss Owen Coyle will make one last push to sign Wright-Phillips today. Coyle will shake hands with Mancini before this afternoon’s clash at the Reebok and try to talk the Italian into letting Wright-Phillips go for £3m.

The Bolton chief faces tough competition from a host of clubs, including QPR, Stoke and Wigan – plus there’s huge interest abroad, from Lazio and Paris St-Germain.

Coyle also has a battle on his hands to negotiate a pay deal with Wright-Phillips, who is currently picking up £55,000 a week – a figure QPR can easily match following the takeover by tycoon Tony Fernandes.

But Coyle won’t give up. He said: “It’s fair to say that he’s a player I would love to bring to the club.

“I will have a word with Roberto before the game.”

johnny crossan said:
MANCHESTER CITY'S ROBERTO TO TRY ON COATES FOR SIZE

ABOVE: Roberto Mancini wants to sign Uruguay's Sebastian Coates
21st August 2011 By Paul Hetherington and Steve Millar
ROBERTO MANCINI is urging Manchester City to give him another £6million – to sign Uruguay centre-half Sebastian Coates.

City intended to halt their summer spending spree with the £25m deal for Arsenal’s Samir Nasri – taking their outlay in this transfer window to £76m.

But manager Mancini is hoping the departures of fringe players like Wayne Bridge, Nedum Onuoha and Shaun Wright-Phillips will enable him to also bring in Coates, 20, who plays for Nacional Montevideo.

Coates was voted Young Player of the Tournament last month when he helped Uruguay win the Copa America.

The 6ft 5ins defender has also been eyed by Arsenal, Liverpool, Porto, Sao Paulo in Brazil and all Italy’s top clubs.

If a deal can’t be done by the end of this month, Mancini is certain to resurrect his interest in Coates when the transfer window re-opens in January.

Meanwhile Bolton boss Owen Coyle will make one last push to sign Wright-Phillips today. Coyle will shake hands with Mancini before this afternoon’s clash at the Reebok and try to talk the Italian into letting Wright-Phillips go for £3m.

The Bolton chief faces tough competition from a host of clubs, including QPR, Stoke and Wigan – plus there’s huge interest abroad, from Lazio and Paris St-Germain.

Coyle also has a battle on his hands to negotiate a pay deal with Wright-Phillips, who is currently picking up £55,000 a week – a figure QPR can easily match following the takeover by tycoon Tony Fernandes.

But Coyle won’t give up. He said: “It’s fair to say that he’s a player I would love to bring to the club.

“I will have a word with Roberto before the game.”

We need to sign him now as he seems to have shrunk by 1" in less than 2 weeks.

SilvaLining said:
How good is this coates guy? Anyone seen much of him because he's a complete unknown to me

I've seen about 5 matches with him, all internationals, and he looks like an immense, absolutely immense prospect. The talent is there for him to be world class I think.

Some class tackles here, he's very agile for a big man and a weapon from setpieces.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=122aeB0zLCU[/youtube]

LoveCity said:
SilvaLining said:
How good is this coates guy? Anyone seen much of him because he's a complete unknown to me

I've seen about 5 matches with him, all internationals, and he looks like an immense, absolutely immense prospect. The talent is there for him to be world class I think.

Some class tackles here, he's very agile for a big man and a weapon from setpieces.

Gotta say, judging off that clip he looks like a young Nesta. Has he been linked with anyone else do you know? I know he's been linked with us for a while but it's passed me by really with the excitement of aguero etc!

SilvaLining said:
LoveCity said:
SilvaLining said:

Gotta say, judging off that clip he looks like a young Nesta. Has he been linked with anyone else do you know? I know he's been linked with us for a while but it's passed me by really with the excitement of aguero etc!

Some of the clubs he has been linked with are in a post about 4 or 5 up from the one you posted, talk about laziness........

Bilboblue said:
SilvaLining said:
LoveCity said:

Some of the clubs he has been linked with are in a post about 4 or 5 up from the one you posted, talk about laziness........

I don't really have masses of time to read the 20+ pages that the players most linked with us generate. Rather than waste the time and effort replying in a dickhead manner you could simply have just answered the question.

SilvaLining said:
Bilboblue said:
SilvaLining said:

I don't really have masses of time to read the 20+ pages that the players most linked with us generate. Rather than waste the time and effort replying in a dickhead manner you could simply have just answered the question.

It's been said that Liverpool, Arsenal and Juve have been looking at him but really nothing serious or persistent, we've been linked with him far more substantially than any other club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.