Sebastian Coe v Steve Ovett

I see my little piss take about Coe went over your massive head. I apologise. I shall redo my post.

Coe was the little posh boy at school that no one liked and Steve Ovett was the working class grifter.

Both as talented as each other but you couldn't like Coe then or now. Something completely wrong about him the smarmy git.

Coe was the posh boy with all the talent, Ovett appeared to be the working class grifter.

Coe all day.
Could argue it was the other way round, regarding talent. Ovett was the more impressive junior and had the better range, winning national titles from 400m to 12km cross-country. He probably did train harder than was often the perception, but I think Coe was possibly the harder training and Ovett the more naturally talented.

So, how ‘bout that Sydney McLaughlin Levrone now?! ;-)

Keeps breaking her own World Records! WOW!
Sorry, genuinely, to raise these doubts but:
1. Her coach is Bobby Kersee
2. She hardly ever races outside of the Olympics.

For me, I found these two reasons for caution when evaluating her performances.

Sorry, genuinely, to raise these doubts but:
1. Her coach is Bobby Kersee
2. She hardly ever races outside of the Olympics.

For me, I found these two reasons for caution when evaluating her performances.
Nice slanderous remark!

Having read quite a bit about her, she has been an elite athlete for quite some time and changed coaches multiple times. It wasn’t until she engaged experts in biomechanics that she really started to pull away, literally and figuratively.

She changed her hurdle mechanics, her steps and even her lead off leg for the later hurdles, while also competing in the 400M to gain raw speed and better sprint endurance.

I guess when someone as cynical as you suggests she’s somehow cheating, it’d be nice to see a scintilla of evidence before deriding the GOAT in her event…but then who needs evidence in a world of “alternative facts” and “it’s just an opinion” cynicism.

Show your cards. She’s shown hers.

Can't have a bad word said about Dave Moorcroft!
One of the nicest guys you could meet. Very humble, has given so much back to the sport, and is one of the most inspirational speakers I've had the pleasure of listening to.
Probably the most famous former pupil at my secondary school (2nd being a pupil who went on a TV quiz show....)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.