Secret things the squad have been working on in training

I'm With Stupid said:
I have no idea why we haven't been better from set pieces. Even when we have some combination of Dzeko, Toure, Kompany, Lescott, Garcia, Rodwell and Richards in the box, we so rarely score from them.
With the exception of Richards and sometimes Dzeko and Kompany we have been too passive.

Negredo should improve things as he's big AND bad.

akcity said:
cityfan41 said:
I thought we looked very unfit last season, with players blowing by the 65 minute mark.
Personally I don't know whether these intense training sessions will make the players
fitter or more tired.

They will be fitter, therefore less tired.
Look at how the royal marine's train, they are beasted day in day out, but they are amongst the fittest unit in the world. the same applies to footballers, disciplined and with their obvious football skills, this team will be fantastic.

I'm With Stupid said:
Doesn't every change of manager come with boasts of improving fitness?

syedorf said:
I think they will be doing specific training for who we are facing on a week by week basis.that's how he used to do it

He did say that in an interview, but he also said that that was only a small part, and the vast majority is about getting us to play our game properly. The "our" in that case being Villarreal. He said 90 or 95% is focused on improving their own game and 10% is about the specific opponent.

Oh dear - he doesn't give 110% then.

Pah! Pressing, fitness, none of these things are secret!

Barry and Joe's rubber fun nights at Club Lash are a secret!

Kolarov brewing moonshine in a derelict barn on Saddleworth Moor is a secret!

Vinny's international smuggling of Plastic Bertrand albums is a chuffing secret!!!!!

Shite thread!

Challenger1978 said:
Marvin said:
Joleon Lescott was interviewed on Radio 5's Sportsweek by David Davies (possibly a few days old and aired today).

He was asked about Mancini, the changes under Pellegrini, whether he was a squad or regular player etc, but the one thing I found intriguing was that like Kompany he said that the training is of a higher intensity than under Mancini, and that the players were consequently fitter. This ties in with suggestions from pre-season that City are going to try and press the ball to a much greater extent than before.

Will we notice a difference - maybe not because it's all relative. Our opponents will also be fitter. We had the ball for the most part in Premiership games so fitness wasn't so important, but in Europe, particularly against Dortmund and to an extent Real Madrid we were overwhelmed at times.

Its the exact same sort of things said by the players when Hughes took over from Sven. It's the exact same sort of thing said by the players when Mancini took over from Hughes. Now the players are saying the exact same thing under Pellegrini and they'll probably do the same thing under the next manager. Its a nothing comment and i wouldn't read to much in to it.

Some of the players were reported as saying that the training under Mancini was less intense than under Hughes. But that was supposedly the "Hughes clique".

It was no secret that Mancini spent an awful lot of time on positional work especially defending set pieces. That sort of work isn't intensive and was possibly carried out at the expense of some conditioning work. After Mancini was sacked it was reported by Ladyman & co that the players thought that Mancini overdid the positional stuff. It was fairly obvious that we became much better organised as a consequence of that work in Mancini's early days. Perhaps there came a point when it obtained diminishing returns.

It will be interesting to see whether we are fitter, and also whether any extra fitness is gained by sacrificing some other attributes such as defensive organisation.

Marvin said:
Joleon Lescott was interviewed on Radio 5's Sportsweek by David Davies (possibly a few days old and aired today).

He was asked about Mancini, the changes under Pellegrini, whether he was a squad or regular player etc, but the one thing I found intriguing was that like Kompany he said that the training is of a higher intensity than under Mancini, and that the players were consequently fitter. This ties in with suggestions from pre-season that City are going to try and press the ball to a much greater extent than before.

Will we notice a difference - maybe not because it's all relative. Our opponents will also be fitter. We had the ball for the most part in Premiership games so fitness wasn't so important, but in Europe, particularly against Dortmund and to an extent Real Madrid we were overwhelmed at times.

Is that our new French CB... Jo Leon Les Cott? I've heard he's quite good!!

Its all irrelevant if we are fitter if we concede more goals....we will draw/lose more games as I dont see us sciring vastly more goals than we have done before (more than last season probably but less than the one before where we wont the title)

Im really intrigued to see how Pellers will have us playing both defensively and offensively.........he has had the squad for 40 days so they should eb well drilled as to how they are suppose to play by now....he needs to hit the ground running or chelsea and utd will have a lead on us which wont be easy to verturn (good that they play each other early on however as one of them will lost pts !!)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.